Olive Martha Kay
Olive Martha Kay was born on 5 Jan 1898 at Carterton, Wairarapa, New Zealand .1
She was the daughter of Samuel Viney Kay and Alice Woodley.
Olive Martha Kay married John Corlett, son of William Corlett and Mary Anne Cowley, on 26 Nov 1919 at Residence of S.V. Kay, High Street, Carterton, Wairarapa, New Zealand ,
Copy of Marriage declaration held:
John Corlett, 39, Farmer, Widower 7.12.1916, Res: Carterton, 34yrs in NZ
Olive Martha Kay, 21, Domestic Duties, Spinster, Res: Carterton, 21yrs in NZ
Marriage to be solemnized at the Residence of S V Kay, High Street, Carterton.2
As of 26 Nov 1919,her married name was Corlett.
Olive Martha Kay and John Corlett had a marriage notice on 5 Dec 1919 in the "Wairarapa Daily Times", New Zealand ,
At the residence of the bride's parents, Carterton, on Wednesday last, Miss Olive Martha, eldest daughter of Mr and Mrs S Kay, was married to Mr John Corlett, third son of Mr W Corlett, of Parkvale. The bride, who was given away by her father, was charmingly attired in crepe de chine, trimmed with a silk fringe and tassels, and wore a silk Egyptian veil and orange blossoms. She also carried a bouquet of narcissi, lilies, and maidenhair fern. Miss Dorothy Edlin, cousin of the bridegroom, was chief bridesmaid, and was dressed in a frock of silk, fringed, with black hat lightened with pink. She carried a bouquet of narcissi and maidenhair fern. The chief bridesmaid was supported by the Misses Laura and Malva Kay, sisters of the bride. Mr W J Kay, brother of the bride, was best man, and Mr P Henneker, of Wellington (cousin of the bride) was groomsman.3
As of 1947,her married name was Scharnweber.
Olive Martha Corlett married Herman Henry Scharnweber in 1947 at Masterton, Wairarapa, New Zealand .4
Olive died on 8 Dec 1976 at Masterton, Wairarapa, New Zealand , at age 78 years, 11 months and 3 days.5
Olive was buried on 10 Dec 1976 at Archer Street Cemetery, Masterton, Wairarapa, New Zealand ,
died 8 Dec 1976.
'A special person'.6
Children of Olive Martha Kay and John Corlett
Family: Olive Martha Kay and Herman Henry Scharnweber
|Father*||Samuel Viney Kay (1870 - )|
|Mother*||Alice Woodley (1877 - )|
- [S2] NZRGO, Lower Hutt, New Zealand, NZ BDM Indexes, Held by Ailsa Corlett, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, NZ Online Database: 1898/18797, Folio No 426 March Qtr. Hereinafter cited as NZ BDM Indexes.
- [S2] NZRGO, Lower Hutt, New Zealand, NZ BDM Indexes: Folio No 8658.
- [S10] Newspaper, Various Papers, Wairarapa Daily Times, Vol 45, Issues 13996, 5 Dec 1919, Pge 4 - Personal Items. Hereinafter cited as Newspaper Article.
- [S2] NZRGO, Lower Hutt, New Zealand, NZ BDM Indexes: Folio No 4606.
- [S2] NZRGO, Lower Hutt, New Zealand, NZ BDM Indexes: Folio No 23292, aged 79 - DIA Online Database: 1976/54015 - DOB 5 Jan 1897.
- [S3] NZSG, NZ Cemetery Records (Auckland, New Zealand & Online Council Databases: NZSG, 1988), 5886: Block D Row 3 - Scharnweber - Online Database Masterton: Lawn A-X Row 57, Plot k. Hereinafter cited as NZ Cemetery Records.