Rita Kay was born on 22 Jan 1916 at Carterton, Wairarapa, New Zealand .1
She was the daughter of John Corlett and Olive Martha Kay.
As of c 1920,Rita Kay was also known as Rita Corlett.
Rita attended "Lansdowne School", Masterton, Wairarapa, New Zealand , on 4 Sep 1928
Admission: 4 Sept 1928
Parent: J Corlett, Hope Street
DOB: 22 Jan 1916
Last School: Clareville
Last Day: 20 Dec 1929
Destination: Work, Domestic.2
Rita Kay married Tory Walter Spooner on 6 Jun 1936 at New Zealand .3
As of 6 Jun 1936,her married name was Spooner.
As of 1954,her married name was Nelson.4
Rita Spooner married Charles Edward Nelson in 1954 at New Zealand .4
Rita died on 3 Dec 1984 at Carterton, Wairarapa, New Zealand , at age 68 years, 10 months and 11 days.5
Rita was buried in Dec 1984 at Carterton Cemetery, Carterton, Wairarapa, New Zealand ,
Family: Rita Kay and Charles Edward Nelson
|Step-father*||John Corlett (6 Jun 1878 - 9 Jun 1945)|
|Mother*||Olive Martha Kay (5 Jan 1898 - 8 Dec 1976)|
- [S2] NZRGO, Lower Hutt, New Zealand, NZ BDM Indexes, Held by Ailsa Corlett, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Folio No 690, March Qtr, spelt as Reta. Hereinafter cited as NZ BDM Indexes.
- [S44] School Admissions, School Records (Auckland, New Zealand: NZSG), NZSG Register No 2613 - Wairarapa Branch. Hereinafter cited as School Records.
- [S2] NZRGO, Lower Hutt, New Zealand, NZ BDM Indexes: Folio No 6062 - recorded under Kay.
- [S2] NZRGO, Lower Hutt, New Zealand, NZ BDM Indexes: Folio No 4104.
- [S2] NZRGO, Lower Hutt, New Zealand, NZ BDM Indexes: Folio No 20597, born 22 Jan 1916.
- [S3] NZSG, NZ Cemetery Records (Auckland, New Zealand & Online Council Databases: NZSG, 1988), 692: Block 2-F Plot 1048. Hereinafter cited as NZ Cemetery Records.