Ann Jane Kneale
Ann Jane Kneale was born in 1859 at Andreas, Isle of Man.
She was the daughter of John Kneale and Elizabeth Skinner.
Ann Jane Kneale was baptised on 11 Dec 1859 in Andreas, Isle of Man,
John & Elizabeth Kneale (Skinner)
Ann Jane Kneale married John James Cormode on 18 Mar 1879 at Andreas, Isle of Man,
Married in the Parish Church according to the Rites and Ceremonies of hte Established Church by license by me, F La Mothe,(sic) Curate
John Cormode, full age, Batchelor, Farmer
Father: John Cormode, Farmer
Ann Jane Kneale, full age, Spinster
Father: John Kneale, Farmer
Both signed in the presence of:
William Kneale & Mary Colson.1,4,5
As of 18 Mar 1879,her married name was Cormode.
Ann Jane Kneale married William Hartley in 1891 at Oldham, Lancashire, England,
recorded as Annie Kneale.6
As of 1891,her married name was Hartley.
Ann appeared on the 1891 English Census of 5 Apr 1891 in the household of William Hartley at 352 Mortimer Street, Oldham, Lancashire, England;
HARTLEY William, Head, Mar, 27, Gas Stoker, employed, Rochdale Lancashire
HARTLEY Anne, Wife, Mar, 26, Isle of Man.7
Ann appeared on the 1911 English Census of 2 Apr 1911 at 7 Firwood Street, Middleton Junction, Chadderton, Lancashire, England;
HARTLEY Ann Jane, Head, aged 44, Widow, 3 years married, 3 children born, 2 deceased and 1 still living.
Housekeeper, Home, born IOM, speaks Manx, no infirmity.
Others in the house are Boarders.8
Ann died on 15 Apr 1934 at 18 Victoria Street, Chadderton, Lancashire, England, at age 75 years.9
Ann was buried on 19 Apr 1934 at Chadderton Cemetery, Oldham, Lancashire, England,
Name: Ann Jane Hartley
Residence: 18 Victoria St, Chadderton
Date of Death: 15 April 1934
Date of Burial: 19 April 1934
Cememony Performed by: F Pearson Ellis
Class of Ground: Unconsecrated
Age: 69 years
Folio in Register of Grave: C 65
Consecutive No of Burial: 74561
Position and Number of grave: D6 59
Buried in family plot.10
Family: Ann Jane Kneale and John James Cormode
Family: Ann Jane Kneale and William Hartley
|Father*||John Kneale (1838 - 12 Oct 1913)|
|Mother*||Elizabeth Skinner (c 1835 - 12 Jan 1912)|
- [S1] Certificate held on file, Held by Ailsa Corlett, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia. Hereinafter cited as Certificate held on file.
- [S21] Church Registers, Various Repositories , Parish Register Transcripts of Andreas, 1649-1883- Andreas 1849 - 1883 - Baptisms March 1849 - Dec 1883, Marriages May 1849 - Nov 1883, Burials March 1849 - Dec 1883
Film No 106179 Item 2
Viewed at Logan Central Library, 9 July 2013 and copy obtained.. Hereinafter cited as Church Registers.
- [S33] Birth Marriage and Burial Entries, International Genealogical Index & Family Search Web Site (IGI) : Family Search Web site, From 2000), 1859 Andreas IOM, C03575-1.
- [S83] Registry IOM, IOM Registers, Parish Register Transcripts of Andreas, 1649-1883- Andreas 1849 - 1883 - Baptisms March 1849 - Dec 1883, Marriages May 1849 - Nov 1883, Burials March 1849 - Dec 1883
Film No 106179 Item 2
Viewed at Logan Central Library, 9 July 2013 and copy obtained.. Hereinafter cited as IOM Registers.
- [S33] International Genealogical Index & Family Search Web Site (IGI), "Isle of Man, Parish Registers, 1598-1950," index, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/XZY5-S3C : accessed 15 Jul 2013), John Cormode and Ann Jane Kneale, 1879.
Digital folder: 004498558 Image No 00147.
- [S78] BDM Indexes online: England Civil Registration online, findmypast.co.uk . Online www.findmypast.com/ www.ancestry.co.uk;, 1891 March Qtr, Oldham Lancashire, Vol 8D Pg 925.
- [S74] 1891 English Census (www.ancestry.co.uk: PRO England, 5 April 1891), 1891 Oldham Lancashire, England RG 12/3309 pg 33. Hereinafter cited as 1891 English Census.
- [S128] PRO England, 1911 English Census (www.Findmypast.co.uk: National Archives England, 2 April 1911), 1911 Chadderton Lancashire, RG 14/ 24547. Hereinafter cited as 1911 English Census.
- [S78] England Civil Registration online BDM Indexes online, 1934 June Qtr, Oldham Lancashire, Vol 8D Pg 908, aged 69.
- [S33] International Genealogical Index & Family Search Web Site (IGI), England Lancashire, Oldham Cemetery Registers, 1797-2004, Chadderton
Burial Register, 1933-1938, pg 54 & 55 for the images.