Elizabeth Margaret Kneale
Elizabeth Margaret Kneale was born in 1874 at Andreas, Isle of Man.
She was the daughter of John Kneale and Elizabeth Skinner.
Elizabeth Margaret Kneale was baptised on 28 Jun 1874 in Andreas, Isle of Man,
John & Elizabeth Kneale (Skinner)
Elizabeth Margaret Kneale married Edward Cowle on 19 Nov 1898 at Andreas, Isle of Man,
Married in the Parish Church according to the Rites and Ceremonies of the Established Church by License by me, Hugh S Gill, Rector - Andreas
aged 23, Bachelor, Labourer
Father: John Cowle, Labourer
Elizabeth Margaret Kneale,
aged 24, Spinster
Father: John Kneale, Labourer
Both signed in the presence of
Lewis Kneale and Jessie Jones.1,4,5
As of 19 Nov 1898,her married name was Cowle.
Elizabeth died on 15 Jun 1953 at "Brookside", Michael, Isle of Man, at age 79 years.
Elizabeth was buried on 17 Jun 1953 at Andreas Churchyard - East, Andreas, Isle of Man,
Elizabeth Margaret Cowle, "Brookside" Kirk Michael, 79 yrs
beloved wife of John Kneale,
who died at Ballavastin, Andreas
January 12th 1912, aged 72 years.
"Nothing in my hand I bring
simply to thy cross I cling".
Also the above
who died October 12th 1913
aged 73 years.
"Rock of Ages, cleft for me,
let me hide myself in thee".
also Edward Cowle
who died at Ballacorey, Andreas,
May 27th 1923, aged 47 years.
"Sweet peace the gift of God's love".
also his wife
Elizabeth Margaret Cowle,
who died June 15th 1953,
aged 79 years.
Family: Elizabeth Margaret Kneale and Edward Cowle
|Father*||John Kneale (1838 - 12 Oct 1913)|
|Mother*||Elizabeth Skinner (c 1835 - 12 Jan 1912)|
- [S1] Certificate held on file, Held by Ailsa Corlett, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia. Hereinafter cited as Certificate held on file.
- [S21] Church Registers, Various Repositories , Parish Register Transcripts of Andreas, 1649-1883- Andreas 1849 - 1883 - Baptisms March 1849 - Dec 1883, Marriages May 1849 - Nov 1883, Burials March 1849 - Dec 1883
Film No 106179 Item 2
Viewed at Logan Central Library, 9 July 2013 and copy obtained.. Hereinafter cited as Church Registers.
- [S33] Birth Marriage and Burial Entries, International Genealogical Index & Family Search Web Site (IGI) : Family Search Web site, From 2000), 1874 Andreas IOM, C03575-1.
- [S83] Registry IOM, IOM Registers, Register of Church of England baptisms, burials, and marriages in: Kirk Bride Baptisms 1884-1910 Burials 1884-1910 Marriages 1884-1911 Andreas Baptisms 1884-1910 Burials 1884-1910 Marriages 1884-1911 Jurby Baptisms 1884-1910 Burials 1884-1910 Marriages 1884-1910
Film No 454984
Viewed at Logan Central Library, 9 July 2013 and copy obtained.. Hereinafter cited as IOM Registers.
- [S33] International Genealogical Index & Family Search Web Site (IGI), Isle of Man, Parish Registers, 1598-1950," index, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/XZY5-787 : accessed 15 Jul 2013), Edward Cowle and Elizabeth Margaret Kneale, 1898.
Digital folder: 004498558 Image No 00202.
- [S43] Cemetery Records , IOM Andreas Churchyard, East Section. Grave No 89 & 90, Reg No 218. Hereinafter cited as Cemetery Records.
- [S83] Registry IOM, IOM Registers: IOMFHS Burial Register - Andreas 1645- 1971.