Mary Ann Lawson
Mary Ann Lawson was born in 1860 at Jurby, Isle of Man.
She was the daughter of James Lawson and Catherine Anne Cowley.
Mary Ann Lawson was baptised on 16 Sep 1860 in Jurby, Isle of Man,
James and Catherine Ann Lawson
Abode: Cronk Breck, Jurby
Mary appeared on the 1861 Isle of Man Census of 7 Apr 1861 in the household of Mary Cowley at Cronk Breck, Jurby, Isle of Man;
COWLEY Mary, Head, Widow, 84, Farmer of 70 Acreas, employing 3 men & 1 boy, born Jurby
COWLEY John, Son, Widower, 58, Farmers Son, Jurby
COWLEY Catharine, Daug, Widow, 54, Farmers Daughter, Jurby
COWLEY John, Gr Son, Unm, 23, Plough Man, Lezayre
LAWSON Catharine A, Gr Dau, Mar, 22, House Servant, Jurby
LAWSON James, Gr Son in Law, Mar, 24, Plough Man, Jurby
COWLEY Daniel, Gr Son, Unm, 15, Ag Lab, Jurby
COWLEY John, Grt Gr Son, 9, Scholar, Andreas
LAWSON Mary A, Gr Gr Dau, 6mths, Jurby
QUAYLE Thomas, Visitor, 27, Miner, Lonan.4
Mary died in Sep 1870 at Kerrow Croie, Jurby, Isle of Man, at age 10 years.
Mary was buried on 20 Sep 1870 at Jurby, Isle of Man,
Mary Ann Lawson,
aged 10 years
Abode: Kerrow Croye, Jurby
No MI located.1,2,5
|Father*||James Lawson (1835 - Jan 1904)|
|Mother*||Catherine Anne Cowley (1839 - Dec 1917)|
- [S1] Certificate held on file, Held by Ailsa Corlett, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia. Hereinafter cited as Certificate held on file.
- [S21] Church Registers, Various Repositories , Parish Register Transcripts of Jurby, 1606-1894- Jurby 1849 - 1883 - Baptisms April 1849 - Dec 1883, Marriaged Jan 1850 - Oct 1882, Burials Jan 1850 - Nov 1883
Film No 106179 Item 1.
Viewed at Logan Central Library, 9 July 2013 and copy obtained.. Hereinafter cited as Church Registers.
- [S33] Birth Marriage and Burial Entries, International Genealogical Index & Family Search Web Site (IGI) : Family Search Web site, From 2000), "Isle of Man, Births and Baptisms, 1821-1911," index, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/X5PZ-G85 : accessed 16 Jun 2013), Mary Ann Lawson, 16 Sep 1860.
C03806-1 GS Film 106725
also gives death date of 20 Sept 1870.
- [S171] 1861 Isle of Man Census (www.ancestry.co.uk: PRO England, 7 April 1861), 1861 Jurby RG 9/ 4421 pg 38. Hereinafter cited as 1861 Isle of Man Census.
- [S83] Registry IOM, IOM Registers, Lawsons BDM site, Jurby, aged 10. Hereinafter cited as IOM Registers.