Martha Perrott was born on 14 Oct 1849 at Midhurst, New Plymouth, Taranaki, New Zealand ,
Parents: William Perrott and Mary Ann Hurlestone who married 26 Dec 1846 New Plymouth, NZ.
The Hurlestone's arrived in NZ 1841 on the Oriental.1,2
As of 19 Sep 1872,her married name was Roberts.
Martha Perrott married David Roberts on 19 Sep 1872 at Omata, New Plymouth, Taranaki, New Zealand .2
Martha Perrott and David Roberts had a marriage notice on 21 Sep 1872 in the "Taranaki Herald", New Zealand ,
ROBERTS - PERROTT
On the 19th September at Omata, by the Rev John Crump, David ROBERTS of Hurirangi to Martha PERROTT of Omata.3
Martha was present on the 1905 Electoral Roll Onehunga, Auckland, New Zealand , in the household of David Roberts.
ROBERTS David, Senior, Church Street, Onehunga, cook
ROBERTS David, Junior, Church Street, Onehunga, labourer
ROBERTS Martha, Church Street, Onehunga, married.4
Martha Roberts was on the 1911 Electoral Roll Onehunga, Auckland, New Zealand ,
ROBERTS Martha, Church Street, Onehunga, widow.5
Martha Roberts was on the 1919 Electoral Roll Newmarket, Auckland, New Zealand ,
ROBERTS Martha, 110 Carlton Gore Road, Newmarket, widow.6
Martha died on 9 May 1927 at 5 Newton Road, Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand , at age 77 years, 6 months and 25 days.2
Martha's death notice appeared on 9 May 1927 in the "Auckland Star", New Zealand ,
On May 9, 1927, at the residence of her daughter, Mrs T Smith, 5 Newton Road, Martha, widow of the late David Roberts, aged 78 years.
Private interment, 10am Tuesday,
Taranaki papers please copy.7
Martha was buried on 10 May 1927 at Waikumute Cemetery, Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand ,
Children of Martha Perrott and David Roberts
- [S2] NZRGO, Lower Hutt, New Zealand, NZ BDM Indexes, Held by Ailsa Corlett, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, NZ Online Database: 1849/ 970. Hereinafter cited as NZ BDM Indexes.
- [S62] Connie Ewins, "Supplied by Connie Ewins," e-mail message from e-mail address (Whangarei, New Zealand) to Ailsa Corlett, Various dates from 2001, email 4 June 2002. Hereinafter cited as "Supplied by Connie Ewins."
- [S10] Newspaper, Various Papers, Taranaki Herald 1852 -1880 Births, Deaths and Marriages on microfiche
Taranaki Herald, Vol XX, Issue 2032, 21 & 28 September 1872, Page 2. Hereinafter cited as Newspaper Article.
- [S6] Elections, Electoral Roll (Auckland, New Zealand: BAB Microfilming, 1853 - 1967), NZ 1905-06 Electoral Roll, Manukau, Auckland. Hereinafter cited as Electoral Roll.
- [S6] Electoral Roll, NZ 1911 Electoral Roll, Manukau, Auckland.
- [S6] Electoral Roll, NZ 1919 Electoral Roll, Auckland East, Auckland.
- [S10] Newspaper Article, Auckland Star, Vol LV111, Issue 107, 9 May 1927, Page 1.
- [S3] NZSG, NZ Cemetery Records (Auckland, New Zealand & Online Council Databases: NZSG, 1988), Auckland Council Online Database: Presb Division E, Row 1 Plot 41B. Hereinafter cited as NZ Cemetery Records.