Wallace Victor Willis
Wallace Victor Willis was born in 1887 at Brixton, Lambeth, London, England.1
He was the son of George William Willis and Caroline Jane Richens.
Wallace Victor Willis was baptised on 14 Mar 1900 in St George the Martyr, Southwark, London, England,
Baptisms of 4 children on the same day.
Parents: George William & Caroline Willis, of 293 Scovell Rd, - House Agent.2,3
Wallace Victor Willis immigrated c 1909 left England for, New Zealand ,
Have not located his immigration as yet, but may have come via Australia or even Canada or the USA to NZ.
8 Dec 1910 Wallace Victor Willis and Annie Cain were mentioned in the "Grey River Argus", New Zealand , newspaper
The marriage of Mr W V Willis, of Dunollie, to Miss Annie Cain, later of Maori Point, Kumara, will take place at Birchfield, Westport, on Saturday next.4
Wallace Victor Willis married Annie Cain, daughter of Thomas Edward Cain and Anna Maria Schiavi, on 10 Dec 1910 at The Public Hall, Birchfield, Waimangaroa, Westcoast, New Zealand ,
Wallace Victor Willis,
23, Boarding House Keeper, Bachelor,
Born Brixton London.
Res: Birchfield & State Mines Greymouth
Parents: George William Willis, Retired Gentleman & Caroline Jane Richins
Parents: Thomas Edward Cain, Labourer & Annie Mary Schaivi
Witnesses: E Cain, Domestic Duties, Birchfield and S T Thompson, Storekeeper, Birchfield.2,5
Thomas, Elizabeth, Unknown, Wallace, Annie, Thomas, Anna
In the Front - Frances and Mona
Wallace Victor Willis was on the 1911 Electoral Roll Grey, Westcoast, New Zealand , also listed in the household was Annie
WILLIS Wallace Victor, State Collieries, School Teacher
WILLIS Annie, State Collieries, married.6
Wallace witnessed the marriage of Alfred Ernest Fox and Frances Cain on 31 Jul 1912 At the Residence of Mr W V Willis, Blackball, Westcoast, New Zealand .2,7
Wallace Victor Willis was on the 1915 Directory.
WILLIS Rev Wallace Victor, Murchison.8
Wallace began Military Service in 1918 WW1, New Zealand ,
NZ Second Reserve List WW1
WILLIS Rev Wallace Victor, The Vicarage, Pembroke Otago.
Clerk in Holy Orders.
(D) - 3 children.9
Wallace Victor Willis was on the bt 1918 - 1919 Directory.
WILLIS, Rev Wallace Victor, Pembroke, Otago, NZ.10
Wallace Victor Willis was on the 1920 Directory.
WILLIS, Rev Wallace Victor, Kurow, Otago, NZ.11
In 1922 Wallace's occupation as a Minister was recorded in the NZ Govt Gazette of 1922.12
9 Feb 1922 Wallace Victor Willis was mentioned in the " Press", New Zealand , newspaper
The Rev Wallace V Willis, who for some time was attached to Holy Trinty, Avonside, accompanied by his wife and family,is returning to England by the Rimutaka, which leaves Wellington tomorrow.13
Wallace Victor Willis immigrated on 10 Feb 1922 from Wellington New Zealand via "Rimutaka" to Southampton, England, also on board were listed Annie, Noel, Beatrice and Ivy
Departed Wellington, New Zealand and arrived Southampton, England, 29th March 1922, aboard the "Rimutaka"
WILLIS, Rev Wallace,3rd Class, Clergyman, aged 34, to England
to 25 Foulsham Rd, Thornton Heath, Surrey.
WILLIS, Mrs Annie, aged 35
WILLIS, Mast Noel, aged 10
WILLIS, Miss Beatrice, aged 7
WILLIS, Mast Wallace, aged 4
WILLIS, Miss Ivy, aged 2.14
29 May 1922 Wallace Victor Willis was mentioned in the " Press", New Zealand , newspaper
The Rev Wallace V Willis (Waitaki), with his wife and four children, arrived by the Rimutaka, and ar at present staying with his mother at Thornton Heath, Surrey. On Easter day, Rev Willis assisted the Rector of Manor Park, preaching at St Michael's and All Angels, Romford Rd in the morning and evening. The position of senior curate in this parish has been offered to him.15
Wallace lived at England c 1930
Rev Wallace Victor Willis was the Rev in the parish of Scholes, Bradford, West Riding of Yorkshire and then Ramsey, St Mary's Church, Huntingdonshire.16
Wallace Victor Willis was on the 1946 Directory.
WILLIS Rev W V, The Vicarage, Ramsey, St Mary, Ramsey 316J Huntingdon.17
Wallace died on 25 Mar 1949 at Huntingdon, Huntingdonshire, England, at age 62 years.18
Wallace was cremated on 28 Mar 1949 at Huntingdon Road Cemetery, Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, England.19
Wallace Victor Willis's estate was probated on 4 May 1949 at Peterborough, England,
WILLIS Revered Wallace Victor
of The Vicarage, Ramsay Street, Marys Huntingtonshire,clerk died 25 March 1949.
Administration Peterborough 4 May to Annie Willis, widow
Effects: £1137 0s 4d.20
Children of Wallace Victor Willis and Annie Cain
|Father*||George William Willis (c 1850 - )|
|Mother*||Caroline Jane Richens (c 1850 - )|
- [S78] BDM Indexes online: England Civil Registration online, findmypast.co.uk . Online www.findmypast.com/ www.ancestry.co.uk;, 1887 Dec Qtr, Lambeth, Greater London, London, 1D 502.
- [S1] Certificate held on file, Held by Ailsa Corlett, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia. Hereinafter cited as Certificate held on file.
- [S54] Old Church Records, Parish Registers, Various Repositories, 1900 Southwark, St George the Martyr in the Country of London. - via Findmypast.co.uk. Hereinafter cited as Parish Registers.
- [S10] Newspaper, Various Papers, Papers Past; Grey River Argus, 8 Dec 1910, Page 5, Personal. Hereinafter cited as Newspaper Article.
- [S2] NZRGO, Lower Hutt, New Zealand, NZ BDM Indexes, Held by Ailsa Corlett, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, 1910 Folio No 7274. Hereinafter cited as NZ BDM Indexes.
- [S6] Elections, Electoral Roll (Auckland, New Zealand: BAB Microfilming, 1853 - 1967), 1911 NZ Electoral Roll, Grey. Hereinafter cited as Electoral Roll.
- [S2] NZRGO, Lower Hutt, New Zealand, NZ BDM Indexes: 1912 Folio No 5859.
- [S12] Directories, NZ PO Directory (Auckland, New Zealand: BAB Microfilming, 1866 - 1955), 1915 Wises NZPO Directory,Westcoast. Hereinafter cited as NZ PO Directory.
- [S17] "NZEF Enlistment Records", War Enlistment Rolls; Held by Ailsa Corlett; Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, 1918 Second Reserve List WWI. Hereinafter cited as "NZEF Enlistment Records."
- [S12] NZ PO Directory, 1918 & 1919 Religious Directory & Almanacs, - Sydney Dioceasan Directory NSW - via Findmypast.com.au.
- [S12] NZ PO Directory, 1920 Religious Directory & Almanacs, - Sydney Dioceasan Directory NSW - via Findmypast.com.au.
- [S59] NZSG, NZSG Index., CD-ROM (Auckland, New Zealand: NZSG, 2000-2009), Various NZ Records, NZ Govt Gazette 1922, page 188, Minister. Hereinafter cited as NZSG Index.
- [S10] Newspaper Article, Press, Christchurch NZ, Vol LV111, Issue 17375, Personal Items.
- [S61] Passenger Lists, Shipping Records ), Ancestry.co.uk - Immigration into England 1878 - 1960 - Rimutaka, arrived 29 March 1922, Southampton England.. Hereinafter cited as Shipping Records.
- [S10] Newspaper Article, 29 May 1922, Press, Christchurch NZ, Vol LV111, Issue 17466, Woman's Corner.
- [S160] Letter or email from Simon Goulding (e-mail address) to Ailsa Corlett, Various letters or emails; Held by Ailsa Corlett (Brisbane, Queensland, Australia) email 17 Sept 2012.
- [S133] Directories, Englsh PO Directory (Various Records: Miscellaneous, 1800 - 2000), 1946 Ramsey Huntingdon, via Ancestry.co.uk. Hereinafter cited as English PO Directory.
- [S78] England Civil Registration online BDM Indexes online, 1949 Huntingdon Huntingdonshire, Mar Qtr, 4B 365, aged 61.
- [S43] Cemetery Records , Find a Grave via Ancestry - No photo - and deceased online to confirm date and place of cremation.. Hereinafter cited as Cemetery Records.
- [S132] England & Wales, National Probate Calendar (Index of Wills and Adminstrations) 1858-1966, 1949 England National Probate Calendar, Page 456, Ancestry.co.uk.