Samuel Haigh Yates
Samuel Haigh Yates was born on 14 Jan 1872 at Wellington, Wellington, New Zealand ,
Parents: Henry and Agnes Bell Yates.1
He was the son of Henry Yates and Agnes Bell Haigh.
Samuel's birth notice appeared on 16 Jan 1872 in the "Evening Post", New Zealand ,
On the 14th instant, at Lambton Quary, the wife of Mr H Yates, Masterton, of twin sons.2
Samuel died on 5 Feb 1872 at Lambton Quay, Wellington, Wellington, New Zealand , at age 22 days
Thomas Harry, 3 weeks old
Samuel Haigh, 3 weeks old
Sons of Henry & Agnes Bell Yates
(both on the same certificate together).3,4
Samuel's cause of death on 5 Feb 1872 was from Marasmus (wasting away).
Samuel was buried on 7 Feb 1872 at Bolton Street Cemetery, Wellington, Wellington, New Zealand .5
Samuel's death notice appeared on 8 Feb 1872 in the "Wellington Independent", New Zealand ,
On the 5th February, at the residence of Mr Haig, Thomas Harry and Samuel Haigh Yates, aged three weeks, infant sons of the late Mr Henry Yates.6
|Father*||Henry Yates (30 Dec 1832 - 18 Jan 1872)|
|Mother*||Agnes Bell Haigh (25 Feb 1839 - 7 Nov 1920)|
- [S2] NZRGO, Lower Hutt, New Zealand, NZ BDM Indexes, Held by Ailsa Corlett, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, 1872 NZ Online Indexes: 1872/ 20531. Hereinafter cited as NZ BDM Indexes.
- [S10] Newspaper, Various Papers, Evening Post, Vol VII, Issue 290, 16 Jan 1872, Page 2. Hereinafter cited as Newspaper Article.
- [S2] NZRGO, Lower Hutt, New Zealand, NZ BDM Indexes: 1872 NZ Online Indexes: 1872/ 5191 aged 3 weeks.
- [S1] Certificate held on file, Held by Ailsa Corlett, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia. Hereinafter cited as Certificate held on file.
- [S3] NZSG, NZ Cemetery Records (Auckland, New Zealand & Online Council Databases: NZSG, 1988), Wellington City Council Online Database: Bolton St, Plot unknown Record No 102353. Hereinafter cited as NZ Cemetery Records.
- [S10] Newspaper Article, Wellington Independent, Vol XXVII, Issue 3417, 8 Feb 1872, Page 2.