Mona Maude Cain
Mona Maude Cain was born on 15 Jul 1896 at Maori Point, Greenstone, Westcoast, New Zealand ,
Maude Mona Cain
Parents: Thomas Edward Cain, Gold Miner, 44yrs, IOM & Annie Maria Schavi, 30yrs, Southspit
Married: 24 March 1883, Kumara
James Valentine, agent authorised by Mother of Child, Kumara was the informant of the birth
She was always called and known as Mona.1,2
She was the daughter of Thomas Edward Cain and Anna Maria Schiavi.
Mona was a Flowergirl at the wedding of Wallace Victor Willis and Annie Cain on 10 Dec 1910 The Public Hall, Birchfield, Waimangaroa, Westcoast, New Zealand .1,3
Mona was a Bridesmaid at the wedding of Norman Charles Hammond and Elizabeth Cain on 4 Nov 1911 In the Public Hall, Birchfield, Westcoast, New Zealand .1,4
Mona Maude Cain married Richard Seymour, son of James Phipps Seymour and Isabella Hannah, on 30 Mar 1917 at Registrars Office, Motueka, Nelson-Marlborough, New Zealand ,
36, Miner, Bachelor,
Parents: James Phippe Seymour, Miner & Isabella Hannah
Mona Maud Cain,
21, Dressmaker, Spinster,
Parents: Thomas Cain, Farmer & Annie Schiavi
Witnessess: Mary Dunn, Dressmaker, Riwaka and Harry Monoy, Merchant, Motueka.1,5
As of 30 Mar 1917,her married name was Seymour.
Mona was in the photo with Anna Maria Cain taken c 1932;
Family Out On a Picnic, may be around 1932.6
Mona Maude Seymour was the executor of Elizabeth Hammond's estate on 24 Oct 1947 at Westport, Westcoast, New Zealand ,
married woman, Birchfield
Elizabeth's Will was dated 14th Decemeber 1946.
This is the Last Will and Testament of me Elizabeth Hammond of Birchfield in the Dominion of New Zealand, Married woman : -
Maud Mona Seymour of Westport, married woman was appointed to be the sole Executrix of her will.7
Mona Maude Seymour was on the 1949 Electoral Roll Buller, Westcoast, New Zealand ,
SEYMOUR, Mona, 214 Palmerston Street, Westport, married.8
Mona Maude Seymour was on the 1966 Electoral Roll Buller, Westcoast, New Zealand ,
SEYMOUR, Maud Mona, 82 Queens St, Westport, widow.9
Mona Maude Seymour married Richard Harker in 1969 at Westcoast, New Zealand .10
As of 1969,her married name was Harker.
Mona died on 14 Jan 1980 at Westport, Westcoast, New Zealand , at age 83 years, 5 months and 30 days.11
Mona was buried on 15 Jan 1980 at Orowaiti Cemetery, Westport, Westcoast, New Zealand ,
Mona Maud HARKER,
died 14th Jan 1980 aged 83.
Mona Maude Harker's estate was probated on 28 Jan 1980 at Greymouth, Westcoast, New Zealand ,
HARKER, Maud Mona,
married woman, Westport.
Court Greymouth, Probate No 11/80, Filed 28 Jan 1980, Will.13
Family: Mona Maude Cain and Richard Harker
|Father*||Thomas Edward Cain (1852 - 9 May 1931)|
|Mother*||Anna Maria Schiavi (7 Apr 1866 - 14 Aug 1945)|
- [S1] Certificate held on file, Held by Ailsa Corlett, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia. Hereinafter cited as Certificate held on file.
- [S2] NZRGO, Lower Hutt, New Zealand, NZ BDM Indexes, Held by Ailsa Corlett, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, 1896 Folio No 2917, June Qtr. Hereinafter cited as NZ BDM Indexes.
- [S2] NZRGO, Lower Hutt, New Zealand, NZ BDM Indexes: 1910 Folio No 7274.
- [S2] NZRGO, Lower Hutt, New Zealand, NZ BDM Indexes: 1911 Folio No 8072.
- [S2] NZRGO, Lower Hutt, New Zealand, NZ BDM Indexes: 1917 Folio No 1226.
- [S186] Letter or email from Bill Cain (Birchfield NZ) to Ailsa Corlett, Various letters or emails; Held by Ailsa Corlett (Brisbane, Queensland, Australia) copies of photos sent c 1992.
- [S40] Probate NZ, Westport Court, Probate No 1183, Will, Filed 24 Oct 1947, Housed at National Archives New Zealand.
- [S6] Elections, Electoral Roll (Auckland, New Zealand: BAB Microfilming, 1853 - 1967), 1949 Electoral Roll, Buller. Hereinafter cited as Electoral Roll.
- [S6] Electoral Roll, 1966 Electoral Roll, Buller.
- [S2] NZRGO, Lower Hutt, New Zealand, NZ BDM Indexes: 1969 Folio No 18066, under Seymour and Cain.
- [S2] NZRGO, Lower Hutt, New Zealand, NZ BDM Indexes: 1980 Folio No 6031, aged 83.
- [S3] NZSG, NZ Cemetery Records (Auckland, New Zealand & Online Council Databases: NZSG, 1988), P01.11, No 3031, Row 5, Plot 60, Section G: Block 3
Buller Council Online Database: Plot 60 Block G. Hereinafter cited as NZ Cemetery Records.
- [S40] Probate NZ , National Archives Christchurch, Greymouth Court, Probate No 11/80.