Thomas Cain was born on 13 May 1892 at Revills Terrace, Greenstone, Kumara, Westcoast, New Zealand ,
Parents: Thomas Edward Cain, Miner, 39, Isle of Man, & Anna Maria Schiavi, 26, South Spit, Hokitika.
Married: 24th March 1883 at Kumara.
Informant: Thomas E Cain, Father, Revells Terrace, Greenstone Kumara.1,2
He was the son of Thomas Edward Cain and Anna Maria Schiavi.
Thomas Cain married Lily Pauling, daughter of James Henry Pauling and Mary Anne McDonald, on 6 Oct 1915 at House of Mary Anne Pauling, 70 Lincoln Road, Masterton, Wairarapa, New Zealand ,
Thomas Cain, 23, Labourer, Bachelor, born Kumara Westland
Usual Res: Masterton
Parents: Thomas Edward Cain, Farmer & Annie Schrivi (sic)
Lily Pauling, 19, Domestic Duties, Spinster, born Ashburton
Usual Res: Masterton
Parents: James Henry Pauling, Blacksmith & Mary Anne McDonald
Witnesses: Alfred Pauling, Labourer, Masterton & Myrtle Eveline Pauling, Home Duties, Masterton.1,3
Thomas died on 30 Aug 1917 at Masterton, Wairarapa, New Zealand , at age 25 years, 3 months and 17 days
Slaughterman, aged 25
Parents: Thomas Edward Cain, Miner & Annie Mary Schaivi
Married in Masterton aged 23 to Lily Pauling, who is now 21
Living Children: M 3 months F 1.1,4
Thomas's cause of death on 30 Aug 1917 was from Pneumonia and Pleurisy and effusion - 4 months.
Thomas's death notice appeared on 31 Aug 1917 in the "Wairarapa Daily Times", New Zealand ,
The Friends of Mrs Thomas Cain are respectfully invited to attend the funeral of her late Husband, which will leave the residence of Mrs James Pauling, 70 Lincoln Road, on Sunday, September 2nd, at 1.30pm, for the Masterton Cemetery.
Members of Stonehenge Lodge of Druids are invited to attend the funeral of the late Bro. T. Cain, which will leave 70 Lincoln Road on Sunday, September 2, at 1.30pm for the Masterton Cemetery.
Brothers are requested to be at Druids' Hall at 1pm.
By Order of the A.D.5
Thomas was buried on 2 Sep 1917 at Archer Street Cemetery, Masterton, Wairarapa, New Zealand ,
There is no Headstone,
may have been a wooden one.6
5 Sep 1917 Thomas Cain was mentioned in the "Wairarapa Daily Times", New Zealand , newspaper
Mrs T Cain and Family desire most gratefully to convey their thanks for the many expressions of sympathy on the occasion of their late sad bereavement.7
Thomas had an In Memorandum notice placed on 30 Aug 1918 in the "Wairarapa Daily Times", New Zealand ,
In sad but loving memory of my dear husband, Thomas Cain, who departed this life on August 30th, 1917.
It is twelve long months ago today Since my dear Tom passed away.
- Inserted by his loving wife and children.8
Children of Thomas Cain and Lily Pauling
|Father*||Thomas Edward Cain (1852 - 9 May 1931)|
|Mother*||Anna Maria Schiavi (7 Apr 1866 - 14 Aug 1945)|
- [S1] Certificate held on file, Held by Ailsa Corlett, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia. Hereinafter cited as Certificate held on file.
- [S2] NZRGO, Lower Hutt, New Zealand, NZ BDM Indexes, Held by Ailsa Corlett, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, 1892 Folio No 1665, June Qtr. Hereinafter cited as NZ BDM Indexes.
- [S2] NZRGO, Lower Hutt, New Zealand, NZ BDM Indexes: 1915 Folio No 9187.
- [S2] NZRGO, Lower Hutt, New Zealand, NZ BDM Indexes: 1917 Folio No 2176, Sept Qtr.
- [S10] Newspaper, Various Papers, Wairarapa Daily Times, Vol 43, Issue 133036 pg 1. Advertisements Column 3. Hereinafter cited as Newspaper Article.
- [S43] Cemetery Records , Masterton Council Online Database: Record No 002363 Plan V, Row TC Plot 14. Hereinafter cited as Cemetery Records.
- [S10] Newspaper Article, Wairarapa Daily Times, Vol 43, Issue 133039 pg 1. Advertisements Column 2.
- [S10] Newspaper Article, Wairarapa Daily Times, Vol 44, Issue 13627 pg 4. In Memoriam.