Agnes Gibson Scott Ross
She was the daughter of Alexander Ross and Janet Scott.
Agnes appeared on the 1911 Scottish Census of 2 Apr 1911 in the household of Alexander Ross at Forth, Lanarkshire, Scotland ;
ROSS Alexander, Head, 40, Mar, Coal Miner Hewer, Worker, Forth Lanark
ROSS Janet, Wife, 34, Mar, Married 9 yrs, 5 children born and 5 children living, Forth
ROSS Alexander, Son, 8, School, Forth
ROSS Agnes, Dau, 6, School, Forth
ROSS Robert, Son, 4, Forth
ROSS Janet, Dau, 2, Forth
ROSS Mary, Dau, 1 mth, Forth.2
Agnes Gibson Scott Ross married Hugh Waddell Nimmo on 20 Mar 1925 at Forth, Lanarkshire, Scotland ,
After Banns according to the Forms of the United Free Church of Scotland
Hugh Waddell Nimmo, Coal Miner, Bachelor, aged 22
Usual Res: Wellington Street, Forth
Parents: Alexander Nimmo, Coal Miner (retired) & Sarah Ann Nimmo MS Hyslop
Agnes Gibson Scott Ross, Domestic Servant, Spinster, aged 20
Usual Res: Forth
Parents: Alexander Ross, Coal Miner & Janet Ross MS Scott
Witnesses: Thomas Nimmo, Climps Rd, Forth & Janet Wright Ross, Main St, Forth.3,4
As of 20 Mar 1925,her married name was Nimmo.
Agnes Gibson Scott Nimmo married Alexander Griffin on 6 Dec 1935 at The Manse, Wilsontown, Lanarkshire, Scotland ,
After Banns according to the Forms of the Church of Scotland
Alexander Griffin, Coal Miner, Bachelor, aged 33.
Usual Res: Hawthorn Buildings, Wilsontown
Parents: James Griffin, Coal Miner (dec) & Margaret Griffin MS Forrest
Agnes Scott Gibson Ross, or Nimmo, Widow, aged 31
Usual Res: 107 Main Street, Forth
Parents: Alexander Ross, Night Watchman & Janet Ross MS Scott (dec)
Witnesses: Mary Ross, Main Street, Forth & John S Griffin, Hawthorn Blds, Wilsontown.5,6
As of 6 Dec 1935,her married name was Griffin.
Agnes died on 7 Aug 1963 at 96 Main Street, Forth, Lanarkshire, Scotland , at age 59 years
Agnes Gibson Scott Griffin
1st: Hugh Waddell Nimmo, Coal Miner 2nd: Alexander Griffin, Coal Miner.
At 3.45PM aged 58yrs.
Parents: Alexander Ross, Checkweigher (dec) & Janet Ross MS Scott (dec)
A R Nimmo, Son, 41 Climpy Road, Forth was the informant.
No notice in the Glasgow Herald.5,7
Agnes's cause of death on 7 Aug 1963 was from Arteriosclerotic heart disease
|Father*||Alexander Ross (c 1871 - 15 Jan 1937)|
|Mother*||Janet Scott (14 Feb 1877 - 12 Feb 1928)|
Family: Agnes Gibson Scott Ross and Alexander Griffin
- [S11] Scottish Record Office BDM Indexes, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, 1904 Forth Lanrark, 632/02 0070. Hereinafter cited as Scottish Record Office BDM Indexes.
- [S136] GRO Scotland, 1911 Scottish Census (www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk: New Register House Edinburgh, 2 April 1911), 1911 Forth Carnwarth Lanark, 632/02 001/00 014. Hereinafter cited as 1911 Scottish Census.
- [S1] Certificate held on file, Held by Ailsa Corlett, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, supplied by Bev Dey Feb 2012. Hereinafter cited as Certificate held on file.
- [S11] Scottish Record Office BDM Indexes, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, 1925 Forth Lanark, 632/02 0007.
- [S1] Certificate held on file.
- [S11] Scottish Record Office BDM Indexes, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, 1935, Forth and Haywood, Lanark 632/02 0025.
- [S11] Scottish Record Office BDM Indexes, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, 1963 Forth and Haywood, Lanark, 632/02 0009.