Isabella Gardner Laird Scott
photo courtsey of Alex Lees
Isabella Gardner Laird Scott was also known as Isabel Scott.
Isabel Scott and Des Milne were engaged in May 1947 at Dunedin, Otago, New Zealand .
Isabella Gardner Laird Scott married Laurence Desmond Milne, son of Jane Kirkland Milne, on 27 Sep 1947 at Caversham Presbyterian Church, Dunedin, Otago, New Zealand .2
As of 27 Sep 1947,her married name was Milne.
Isabella Gardner Laird Scott was also known as Isabel Milne.
In 2001 Isabel developed an illness, that required her to move to Oxford Court Rest Home, Dunedin. There she recieved the nursing care required for dementia which had resulted from her heart condition.
Isabel died on 3 Feb 2007 at Oxford Court Rest Home, Dunedin, Otago, New Zealand , at age 81 years
At 3am peacefully in her sleep, on her 81st birthday.3,4
Isabel was cremated on 7 Feb 2007 at Anderson's Bay Cemetery, Dunedin, Otago, New Zealand ,
Ashes Buried Milne Family Plot
3 Nov 2007, ashes with husband Des.5
|Father*||Neil Fairholm Scott (22 Dec 1900 - 27 Jul 1962)|
|Mother*||Mary Gardner Laird Simpson (26 Nov 1903 - 28 Apr 1929)|
Family: Isabella Gardner Laird Scott and Laurence Desmond Milne
- [S2] NZRGO, Lower Hutt, New Zealand, NZ BDM Indexes, Held by Ailsa Corlett, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Folio No 1607,March Qtr. Hereinafter cited as NZ BDM Indexes.
- [S2] NZRGO, Lower Hutt, New Zealand, NZ BDM Indexes: Folio No 12338.
- [S2] NZRGO, Lower Hutt, New Zealand, NZ BDM Indexes: NZ Online Database: 2007/ 4072 DOB 3 Feb 1926.
- [S18] Letter or email from unknown author (unknown author address) to Ailsa Corlett, Various letters or emails; Held by Ailsa Corlett (Brisbane, Queensland, Australia) Margaret June Faid 3 Feb 2007.
- [S3] NZSG, NZ Cemetery Records (Auckland, New Zealand & Online Council Databases: NZSG, 1988), Dunedin City Council Online Database: Ashes to Milne Family Plot 3 Nov 2007 Block 114 Plot 80. Hereinafter cited as NZ Cemetery Records.