Isabella Waddel Scott
She was the daughter of William Scott and Janet Hamilton.
Isabella appeared on the 1891 Scottish Census of 5 Apr 1891 in the household of William Scott at 2 Watson Street, Hamilton, Lanarkshire, Scotland ;
SCOTT William, Head, M, 30, Coal Miner, employed, Forth, 2 rooms with windows
SCOTT Janet, Wife, M, 22, Larkhall
SCOTT Isabella, Dau, Unm, 1, Hamilton
SCOTT Robert, Brother, Unm, 17, Coal Miner, employed, Forth.2
Isabella appeared on the 1901 Scottish Census of 31 Mar 1901 in the household of William Scott at Ann Street, Hamilton, Lanarkshire, Scotland ;
SCOTT William, Head, Mar, 40, Coal Miner, Worker, Forth, 3 Rooms with windows
SCOTT Janet, Wife, Mar, 32, Dalsorf
SCOTT Robert, Brother, Single, 28, Coal Miner, worker, Forth
SCOTT Bella, Dau, 11, Scholar, Hamilton
SCOTT Robert, Son, 9, Scholar, Hamilton
SCOTT James, Son, 6, Scholar, Hamilton
SCOTT Agnes, Dau, 4, Hamilton
SCOTT Janet, Dau, 3mths, Hamilton.3
Isabella immigrated on 19 Nov 1910 from Glasgow via the "Pretorian" to Sydney Halifax, Canada, with Robert Scott
Pretorian left Glasgow 19 Nov 1910 for Sydney Cape Breton Island, Nova Scotia, Canada.
It arrived 28 Nov 1910.
SCOTT Robt, Miner, 37
SCOTT Janet, Wife, 41
SCOTT Bella, Dom, 21
SCOTT Robert, Lab, 19
SCOTT James, Lab, 16
SCOTT Agnes, Nil, 11
SCOTT Janet, Nil, 10
SCOTT Grace, Nil, 4
SCOTT David, Nil, 3
SCOTT Wm, Nil, 10mths
Cape Breton Island had coal and steel mills.4,5
Isabella Waddel Scott married John Allan on 29 May 1913 at Harvey, Illinois, USA.5
As of 29 May 1913,her married name was Allan.
|Father*||William Scott (2 Jul 1860 - 29 Apr 1909)|
|Mother*||Janet Hamilton (c 1869 - 26 Dec 1924)|
Family: Isabella Waddel Scott and John Allan
- [S11] Scottish Record Office BDM Indexes, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, 1889, Hamilton Lanark, 647/00 0924. Hereinafter cited as Scottish Record Office BDM Indexes.
- [S16] 1891 Scottish Census (www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk: New Register House Edinburgh, 5 April 1891), 1891 Hamilton Lanark, 647/00 019/00 007. Hereinafter cited as 1891 Scottish Census.
- [S63] 1901 Scottish Census (www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk: New Register House Edinburgh, 31 March 1901), 1901 Hamilton Lanark, 647/00 024/00 037. Hereinafter cited as 1901 Scottish Census.
- [S61] Passenger Lists, Shipping Records ), 1910 Pretorian - BT27-0648000041P0004F via Ancestry.co.uk. Hereinafter cited as Shipping Records.
- [S146] Letter from Bev Day (New Zealand) to Ailsa Corlett, Various letters or emails; Held by Ailsa Corlett (Brisbane, Queensland, Australia) email Jan 2012.