SCOTT, Janet lawful daughter to William Scott and Marion Watson born at Abey, Parish of Carstairs 23rd Oct 1833.1,2,3
She was the daughter of William Scott and Marion Watson.
Janet appeared on the 1841 Scottish Census of 6 Jun 1841 in the household of William Scott at Forth, Lanarkshire, Scotland ;
SCOTT Wm, 35, Tailor, Yes
SCOTT Marion, 35, Housewife, yes
SCOTT James, 14, Herd, Yes
SCOTT Robert, 12, Herd, Yes
SCOTT Hugh, 9, Yes
SCOTT Janet, 7, Yes
SCOTT John, 3, Yes
SCOTT Eliza, 5 months, Yes.4
Janet appeared on the 1851 Scottish Census of 30 Mar 1851 in the household of William Scott at Forth, Lanarkshire, Scotland ;
SCOTT, William , Head, M, 48, Tailor, Employed 1 man, Carnwath. Lanark
SCOTT, Marrion, Wife, M, 50, Carnwath
SCOTT, James, Son, U, 25, Labourer, Carstairs
SCOTT, Robert, Son, U, 21, Miner, Carstairs
SCOTT, Hugh, Son, U, 19, Tailor, Cairstairs
SCOTT, Janet, Dau, U, 17, Carstairs
SCOTT, Elizabeth, Dau, U, 9, Scholar, Carnwath
SCOTT, Jane, Dau, U, 7, Scholar, Carnwath
SCOTT, William, Son, U, 5, Scholar, Carnwath.5
Janet Scott married David Alexander on 15 Dec 1854 at Carnwath, Lanarkshire, Scotland .6
As of 15 Dec 1854,her married name was Alexander.
Janet appeared on the 1861 Scottish Census of 7 Apr 1861 in the household of David Alexander at 30 Old Square, Calderbank, Lanarkshire, Scotland ;
ALEXANDER David, Head, Mar, 26, Blast Furnace keeper, Carnwath
2 children at school, 3 rooms with windows
ALEXANDER Janet, Wife, M, 27, Forth
ALEXANDER Marion dau, Unm, 6, Scholar, Calderbank
ALEXANDER Isabella, Dau, Unm, 6, Scholar, Calderbank
ALEXANDER William, Son, Unm, 5, Scholar, Calderbank
ALEXANDER Janet, Dau, 2, Calderbank
ALEXANDER George, Son, 2mths, Calderbank
SCOTT George, Brother in law, Unm, 36, Blast Furnace Keeper, Carstairs.7
Janet appeared on the 1871 Scottish Census of 2 Apr 1871 in the household of David Alexander at Kier Cottage, Carluke, Lanarkshire, Scotland ;
ALEXANDER David, Head, M, 36, Blast Furance Manager, Carnwath, 6 rooms with windows, 3 children attending school
ALEXANDER Janet, Wife, m, 36, Carnwath
ALEXANDER William, son, Unm, 14, Engine Fireman, Calderbank
ALEXANDER Janet, Dau, 12, Managers Daughter, Calderbank
ALEXANDER George, Son, 10, Scholar, Calderbank
ALEXANDER David, Son, 8, Scholar, Shotts
ALEXANDER James, Son, 6, Scholar, Shotts
ALEXANDER Elizabeth, Dau, 4, twins, Shotts
ALEXANDER Jane, Dau, 4, twins, Shotts.8
Janet died on 21 Dec 1874 at Castlehill, Carluke, Lanarkshire, Scotland , at age 41 years, 1 month and 28 days
Janet Alexander, married to David Alexander, Furnance Manager
At 2:20AM, aged 41yrs
Parents: William Scott, Tailor and Marion Watson (dec)
David Alexander, Widower was present at her death.9,10
Janet's cause of death on 21 Dec 1874 was from Spinal Disease.
|Father*||William Scott (c 1803 - 13 Feb 1889)|
|Mother*||Marion Watson (c 1801 - 29 Apr 1864)|
Children of Janet Scott and David Alexander
- Marion Alexander (10 Jan 1855 - )
- Isabella Alexander (10 Jan 1855 - )
- William Alexander (25 Aug 1856 - )
- Janet Alexander (6 Aug 1858 - )
- George Alexander (9 Jun 1860 - )
- David Alexander (11 May 1862 - )
- James Alexander (16 May 1864 - )
- Jane Alexander (7 Sep 1866 - )
- Elisabeth Alexander (7 Sep 1866 - )
- Margaret Alexander (19 Sep 1871 - )
- Mary Alexander (3 Sep 1873 - )
- [S32] GROS, Scottish OPR's (www.scotlandspeople.co.uk: pre 1855), Carnwath, Lanark, 632 /1-3 GSQ 19 Feb 2000
Part 3 BDM 1820 - 1854. Hereinafter cited as Scottish OPR's.
- [S22] Birth and Marriage Entries, International Genealogical Index (IGI) (Woolloongabba, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia: Genealogical Society of Qld, 1988 Version), C116325/3056.
- [S33] Birth Marriage and Burial Entries, International Genealogical Index & Family Search Web Site (IGI) : Family Search Web site, From 2000), 0170465/213 says 23 Oct 1835, Abey Parish, Carstairs - suspect year has been entered incorrectly.
- [S82] 1841 Scottish Census (www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk: New Register House Edinburgh, 6 June 1841), 1841 Forth, Carnwath Lanark 632/00 005/00 013. Hereinafter cited as 1841 Scottish Census.
- [S28] 1851 Scottish Census (www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk: New Register House Edinburgh, 30 March 1851), 1851 Forth,Carnwath, Lanark Census Film, Upper Ward district 677, Book 8, Page 22
632/00 008/00 022. Hereinafter cited as 1851 Scottish Census.
- [S32] Scottish OPR's (published) 1854 Carnwath Lanark, 632/00 0003.
- [S79] 1861 Scottish Census (www.scotlandspeople.co.uk: New Register House Edinburgh, 7 April 1861), 1861 Calderbank, Old Monkland (Eastern District) Lanark 652/03 608/03 037. Hereinafter cited as 1861 Scottish Census.
- [S76] 1871 Scottish Census (www.scotlandspeople.co.uk: New Register House Edinburgh, 2 April 1871), Carluke Lanark, 629/00 002/00 023. Hereinafter cited as 1871 Scottish Census.
- [S1] Certificate held on file, Held by Ailsa Corlett, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia. Hereinafter cited as Certificate held on file.
- [S11] Scottish Record Office BDM Indexes, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, 1874 Carluke Lanark 629/00 0158. Hereinafter cited as Scottish Record Office BDM Indexes.