Marion Fairholm Scott
She was the daughter of Adam James Fairholm Gibson Scott and Joan Patrick.
Marion Fairholm Scott was also known as Mazie Scott.
Marion immigrated on 4 Aug 1922 from Liverpool via the "Dorset" to Dunedin, New Zealand , with Adam Gibson Scott
Ticket No 374
SCOTT Adam G, 51 Prince Albert St Glasgow, 3rd class, to Dunedin, Steel tester, aged 28, Born Scotland, to New Zealand
SCOTT Joan, 30
SCOTT Marion F, 3.2
Marion Fairholm Scott married Arthur Henry John Morgan, son of Charles Arthur Morgan and Anna Mary Forrester, in 1940 at Dunedin, Otago, New Zealand .3
As of 1940,her married name was Morgan.
Marion was present on the 1949 Electoral Roll Dunedin, Otago, New Zealand , in the household of Joan Scott.
SCOTT, Joan, 107 Highcliff Road, married
MORGAN, Marion Fairholm, 107 Highcliff Road, widow.4
Marion Fairholm Morgan married Dirk Van Sloten, son of Dirk Van Sloten and Geertrui Plaat, on 14 Mar 1953 at Presbyterian Church in Anderson's Bay, Dunedin, Otago, New Zealand ,
Dirk aged 36, Clerk, Bachelor
Marion aged 34, Widow, 23 Sept 1943
Helen Wigget, Housewife, 45 Aotia St, Dunedin
T R Hooper, Engineer, 41 Jeffery St, Dunedin East.5,6
As of 14 Mar 1953,her married name was Van Sloten.
Marion died on 12 Jun 2006 at Redroofs Retirement Home, 15 Dunblane Street, Roslyn, Dunedin, Otago, New Zealand , at age 87 years, 3 months and 27 days.7,8
Marion was cremated on 14 Jun 2006 at Anderson's Bay Cemetery, Dunedin, Otago, New Zealand ,
Ashes Buried 11 Nov 2006.9
|Father*||Adam James Fairholm Gibson Scott (21 Jun 1894 - 29 Jan 1953)|
|Mother*||Joan Patrick (4 Aug 1891 - 18 Apr 1969)|
Family: Marion Fairholm Scott and Arthur Henry John Morgan
Family: Marion Fairholm Scott and Dirk Van Sloten
- [S34] Scottish Civil Registration Indexes, From 1855 Two Rego No's, 73 & 604 both under Scott and nothing under Patrick, Brisbane LDS Centre.
- [S61] Passenger Lists, Shipping Records ), Findmypast.co.ukl - immigration records. Hereinafter cited as Shipping Records.
- [S2] NZRGO, Lower Hutt, New Zealand, NZ BDM Indexes, Held by Ailsa Corlett, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Folio No 11558. Hereinafter cited as NZ BDM Indexes.
- [S6] Elections, Electoral Roll (Auckland, New Zealand: BAB Microfilming, 1853 - 1967), 1949 Electoral Roll, St Kilda. Hereinafter cited as Electoral Roll.
- [S1] Certificate held on file, Held by Ailsa Corlett, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia. Hereinafter cited as Certificate held on file.
- [S2] NZRGO, Lower Hutt, New Zealand, NZ BDM Indexes: Folio No 2762.
- [S2] NZRGO, Lower Hutt, New Zealand, NZ BDM Indexes: NZ Online Database: 2006/ 14051 DOB 16 Feb 1919.
- [S18] Letter or email from unknown author (unknown author address) to Ailsa Corlett, Various letters or emails; Held by Ailsa Corlett (Brisbane, Queensland, Australia) Margaret June Faid, via phone 14th June 2006.
- [S3] NZSG, NZ Cemetery Records (Auckland, New Zealand & Online Council Databases: NZSG, 1988), Dunedin City Council Online Database: Block 134 Plot 33 - Ashes buried 11 Nov 2006. Hereinafter cited as NZ Cemetery Records.