Parents: James Scott, Coal Miner & Agnes Scott MS Fairholm
Married: June 12th 1903, Uddingston
James Scott, Father was present at his birth.1,2
He was the son of James Gibson Scott and Agnes Farm.
Robert immigrated on 10 Aug 1906 from Liverpool via "SS Cymric" to Boston, USA, with James Gibson Scott
" SS Cymic " Left Liverpool Aug 10 1906 and arrived Boston Aug 19 1906
SCOTT James, 27, M, M, Miner, Scotland, last res Uddingston, final Dest Hampton Falls NH,
passage paid by self and had more than $50 in possession, never been before to the US,
to friend John Brown Box 63, Hampton Falls NH, health good
SCOTT Agnes, 25, F, M, Wife,
SCOTT Robert, 5 months, M, S, Infant.3
Robert appeared on the 1910 USA Census of 23 Apr 1910 in the household of James Gibson Scott at 193 Lundal Street, Haverhill, Massachusetts, USA;
SCOTT James G, Head, M, White, 30, M,born Scot-England, parents Scot- England, immigrated 1907, occupation Head Officer, Salvation Army
SCOTT Agnes, Wife, F, W, 25, M, born Scot-England, parents Scot-England, immigrated 1907, no occupation
SCOTT Robert, Son, M, W, 4, S, born Scot-England, parents Scot-England, immigrated 1907
BROWN John, Brother in law, M, W, 35, M, born Scot-England, parents Scot- England, immigrated 1906, occupation Labour, Gas Company.4
Robert Scott was listed, along with James Gibson Scott, on a passenger list dated 6 Jun 1914 going arrived from New York via "Olympic" to Southampton, England,
2 and half pages of Salvation Army families going back to England altogether. Was it for a conference ?
SCOTT James, 35
SCOTT Mrs, 33
SCOTT Robt, child, 8
SCOTT Franklin, Child, 2.5
Robert Scott was listed, along with James Gibson Scott, on a passenger list dated 31 Jul 1914 going from Glasgow via the "SS Numidian" to Boston, USA ,
Sailed from Glasgow 31 July 1914 arrived Boston Massachusetts 11 Aug 1914.
SCOTT James G, 35, Mar, Captain Salvation Army, born Scotland, Last permant Res: Holyoke Mass, Nearest Relative: Bro Adam Scott, Tannochisdie PO Uddingston
Going to Holyoake Massachusetts.
SCOTT Agnes, 32, Wfie
SCOTT Robt, 8, Son
SCOTT Ferrholm, 2, Son, born USA.6
Robert appeared on the on 10 Jan 1920 census in the household of Joseph Brown at Guinea Road, Hampton, Rockingham, New Hampshire, USA;
BROWN Joseph, Head, 77, Widow, immigrated 1892, Scotland, Farmer, General Farm
BROWN Robert, Son, 34, S, Immigrated 1892, Labourer, General Farm
BROWN Alice, Grand daughter, 18, S, New Hampshire,
SCOTT Robert, Hired Man, 16, S, Scotland.7
Robert Scott married Gertrude M // c 1928 at Massachusetts, USA.
Robert appeared on the 1930 USA Census of 22 Apr 1930 at 71A Jones Street, Worcester City, Massachusetts, USA, also listed in the household was Gertrude ;
SCOTT Robert, Head, Renter, $33 month rent, Radio, M, white, 24, Married, 22 age of marriage,born Scotland, both parents born Scotland, immigrated 1906, Operator, Electric Light, Veteran No
SCOTT Gertrude M, Wife, F, white, 24, Married, 22 aged of marriage, born Massachusetts, Father Maine Mother Norway, no occupation
SCOTT Shirely M, Daughter, F, White, 1 11/12, S, born Massachusetts.8
Robert died on 5 Feb 1988 at Shrewsbury, Massachusetts, USA, at age 82 years and 22 days
Born 14 Jan 1906
Died 5 Feb 1988
Last Residence: 01545 Shrewsbury, Worcester, Massachusetts, USA.9
|Father*||James Gibson Scott (12 Feb 1879 - 4 Aug 1937)|
|Mother*||Agnes Farm (9 Dec 1880 - 24 Oct 1914)|
Family: Robert Scott and Gertrude M //
- [S1] Certificate held on file, Held by Ailsa Corlett, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia. Hereinafter cited as Certificate held on file.
- [S11] Scottish Record Office BDM Indexes, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, 1906 Bothweel Lanark, 625/01 0038. Hereinafter cited as Scottish Record Office BDM Indexes.
- [S61] Passenger Lists, Shipping Records ), Alien passengers for the US Immigration
Boston Passenger Lists 1820-1943, August 1906 - SS Cynric
Ancestry.com. Hereinafter cited as Shipping Records.
- [S88] 1910 USA Census (www.ancestry.com: US Federal Govt, 23 April 1910), 1910 Massachusetts Essex Haverhill, ward 4 District 311, sheet No 9B. Hereinafter cited as 1910 USA Census.
- [S61] Shipping Records, 1914 UK Incoming Passengers 1878 - 1960, Class BT26 Piece 600 Item 2.
- [S61] Shipping Records, 1914 Boston Passenger & Crew Listing 1820 - 1943, Microfilm T938, Roll 225 - via Ancestry.com.
- [S89] 1920 USA Census (www.ancestry.com: US Federal Govt, 11 Feb 1920), 1920 New Hampshire Rockingham Hampton District 126, Roll T625_1013 Pg 1A Image 970. Hereinafter cited as 1920 USA Census.
- [S90] 1930 USA Census (www.ancestry.com: US Federal Govt, 22 April 1930), 1930 Massachusetts, Worcester, Worcester, District 89, sheet 49A pg 280. Hereinafter cited as 1930 USA Census.
- [S29] Death Index USA, Social Security Death Index -USA, (www.ancestry.com: ancestry.com) SSN: 027-10-3161 Massachusetts
Death Certificate No 024678, Worcester. Hereinafter cited as Social Security Death Index - USA.