Mavis Phyllis Stewart
She was the daughter of Robert James Stewart and Elizabeth Ann Evans.
Mavis Phyllis Stewart married Adam Gibson Scott, son of Neil Fairholm Scott and Mary Gardner Laird Simpson, on 12 Nov 1947 at Dunedin, Otago, New Zealand .2
As of 12 Nov 1947,her married name was Scott.
Mavis died on 7 Jun 2010 at Public Hospital, Dunedin, Otago, New Zealand , at age 86 years, 3 months and 10 days
Mavis Phyllis Scott, MS Stewart
From Frances Hodgkins Retirement Village, 40 Fenton Crescent, Kew, Dunedin.
at 7am, DOB 28 Feb 1924, aged 86yr born Dunedin
Parents: Annie Elizabeth Stewart MS Evan & Robert James Stewart, Farmer
Married to Adam Gibson Scott, when aged 24 at Dunedin.
Living children: F: 60, 58.3,4,5
Mavis's cause of death on 7 Jun 2010 was from Congestive Cardiac Failure 1 week
Ischaemic Heart Failure Years
Fractured Left Neck of Femur Operated 1 month
Right sided Cerebrovascular Accident 3 weeks
Diabeties - Years.
Mavis's death notice appeared on 9 Jun 2010 in the "Otago Daily Times", New Zealand ,
SCOTT Mavis Phyllis (nee Stewart)
On June 7 2010, at Dunedin Hospital, dearly loved wife of the late Adam, treasured mother and mother-in-law of Sandra and Gerry Sutherland, Janice and Murray Talbot (Christchurch), dearly loved Nana of David and Larina, Phillipa and Bevan, Paul and Megan, Angela and Jason, Stephen and Tara, Joanne and Nick, and Melissa and Louis, cherished Great nana of all her great grandchildren.
And sunshine in her smile;
There's love in everything she does,
To make our lives worthwhile.
We can find both hope and courage,
Just by looking in her eyes;
Her laughter is a source of joy,
Her words are warm and wise.
There is a kindness and compassion,
To be found in her embrace;
And we see the light of Heaven,
Shining from a Nana's face.
Special thanks to all the stafff at Frances Hodgkins Retirement Village, and Wards 3B and 6B, Dunedin Hospital.
A celebration of Mavis' life will be held in Hope and Sons Chapel, corner Andersons Bay Road and Oxford Street, Dunedin, at 1pm, on Thursday, June 10, followed by private cremation.
Messages to 575 George Street, Dunedin 9016.
Hope and Sons Ltd, FDANZ
SCOTT Mavis Phyllis (nee Stewart)
Much loved aunty, Nana and friend of Terry, Noriko, Anna, Tim and Sayuri.
Rest in Peace.
Respected sister-in-law of the late Isabel and Des Milne, June Faid, the late Neil Scott, Margaret and the late Bob Scott, Vera and Graham Bryant, Ruby and the late Peter Blewden, and loved aunty of her nieces and nephews.
Mavis was buried on 10 Jun 2010 at Green Park Cemetery, Dunedin, Otago, New Zealand ,
Ashes to Soliders Plot Buried 1 Nov 2010 with husband Adam.7
|Father*||Robert James Stewart (c 1889 - )|
|Mother*||Elizabeth Ann Evans (1889 - )|
Family: Mavis Phyllis Stewart and Adam Gibson Scott
- [S2] NZRGO, Lower Hutt, New Zealand, NZ BDM Indexes, Held by Ailsa Corlett, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Folio No 3267, June Qtr as Phyllis Mavis. Hereinafter cited as NZ BDM Indexes.
- [S2] NZRGO, Lower Hutt, New Zealand, NZ BDM Indexes: Folio No 16366.
- [S1] Certificate held on file, Held by Ailsa Corlett, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia. Hereinafter cited as Certificate held on file.
- [S2] NZRGO, Lower Hutt, New Zealand, NZ BDM Indexes: NZ Online Database: 2010/ 13352 DOB 28 Feb 1924.
- [S18] Letter or email from unknown author (unknown author address) to Ailsa Corlett, Various letters or emails; Held by Ailsa Corlett (Brisbane, Queensland, Australia) Mum advised of Mavis's passing today. ( Margaret June Faid).
- [S10] Newspaper, Various Papers, Otago Daily Times, Dunedin 9 June 2010 - given to me.. Hereinafter cited as Newspaper Article.
- [S3] NZSG, NZ Cemetery Records (Auckland, New Zealand & Online Council Databases: NZSG, 1988), Dunedin City Council Online Database: Ashes to Soldiers Plot 11 June 2010 and Buried 1 Nov 2010 Block 4A Plot 42. Hereinafter cited as NZ Cemetery Records.