This date is calculated re information on the census
Not located on IGI or OPR via Internet as at Oct 2006.
She was the daughter of George Watson and Elizabeth Harvey.
Marion Watson married William Scott c 1822 at Carstairs, Lanarkshire, Scotland ,
Marriage not located on IGI via Internet as at Nov 1999
nor on Carnwath, Lanark OPR, at GSQ 19 Feb 2000.
Need to now look at Cairstairs OPR but as the Carnwath OPR's for marriages only start at 1826, most likely the record will not be located.
There is only one record for a Scott married to a Watson around the time frame.
this is a William Scott married to a Margaret Watson Oct 15 1822, but at Campsie in Stirling.
this is close but not close enough for the places, but still a possilbe if I could find more information.
As of c 1822,her married name was Scott.
Marion appeared on the 1841 Scottish Census of 6 Jun 1841 in the household of William Scott at Forth, Lanarkshire, Scotland ;
SCOTT Wm, 35, Tailor, Yes
SCOTT Marion, 35, Housewife, yes
SCOTT James, 14, Herd, Yes
SCOTT Robert, 12, Herd, Yes
SCOTT Hugh, 9, Yes
SCOTT Janet, 7, Yes
SCOTT John, 3, Yes
SCOTT Eliza, 5 months, Yes.1
Marion appeared on the 1851 Scottish Census of 30 Mar 1851 in the household of William Scott at Forth, Lanarkshire, Scotland ;
SCOTT, William , Head, M, 48, Tailor, Employed 1 man, Carnwath. Lanark
SCOTT, Marrion, Wife, M, 50, Carnwath
SCOTT, James, Son, U, 25, Labourer, Carstairs
SCOTT, Robert, Son, U, 21, Miner, Carstairs
SCOTT, Hugh, Son, U, 19, Tailor, Cairstairs
SCOTT, Janet, Dau, U, 17, Carstairs
SCOTT, Elizabeth, Dau, U, 9, Scholar, Carnwath
SCOTT, Jane, Dau, U, 7, Scholar, Carnwath
SCOTT, William, Son, U, 5, Scholar, Carnwath.2
Marion appeared on the 1861 Scottish Census of 7 Apr 1861 in the household of William Scott at Village of, Forth, Lanarkshire, Scotland ;
SCOTT William, Head, M, 57, Tailor & Postmaster, Carnwath Lanarkshire
SCOTT Marion, Wife, M, 60, Tailors wife, Carstairs
SCOTT Hugh, Son, Unm, 29, Tailor, Carstairs
SCOTT William, Son, Unm, 15, Scholar, Carnwath.3
Marion died on 29 Apr 1864 at Forth, Lanarkshire, Scotland ,
Marion Scott married to William Scott, Tailor
at 1:05 am at Forth, aged 63.
Parents: George Watson, farmer (dec) and Elizabeth Watson MS Harvey (dec)
Hugh Scott, Son was present at her death.4,5
Marion's cause of death on 29 Apr 1864 was from Disease of heart- several years
Abdominal dropsy - months.
|Father*||George Watson (30 Jul 1771 - 31 Mar 1846)|
|Mother*||Elizabeth Harvey (c 1765 - 4 Mar 1836)|
Children of Marion Watson and William Scott
- George Watson Scott (20 Sep 1823 - 28 Jun 1903)
- James Scott+ (31 Aug 1825 - 13 Dec 1895)
- Elizabeth Harvey Scott (31 Jul 1827 - 23 Feb 1838)
- Robert Scott+ (7 May 1829 - 14 Jun 1882)
- Hugh Scott (3 Jul 1831 - )
- Janet Scott+ (23 Oct 1833 - 21 Dec 1874)
- John Scott (c 1838 - 4 Oct 1842)
- Elisabeth Scott (17 Dec 1840 - )
- Jean Scott+ (17 Jul 1843 - )
- William Scott+ (24 Dec 1845 - 22 Jun 1902)
- [S82] 1841 Scottish Census (www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk: New Register House Edinburgh, 6 June 1841), 1841 Forth, Carnwath Lanark 632/00 005/00 013. Hereinafter cited as 1841 Scottish Census.
- [S28] 1851 Scottish Census (www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk: New Register House Edinburgh, 30 March 1851), 1851 Forth,Carnwath, Lanark Census Film, Upper Ward district 677, Book 8, Page 22
632/00 008/00 022. Hereinafter cited as 1851 Scottish Census.
- [S79] 1861 Scottish Census (www.scotlandspeople.co.uk: New Register House Edinburgh, 7 April 1861), 1861 Surname Index: Carnwath, District 632, Book 9, Page 16. GSQ 11 Jan 2003
Carnwath Lanark 632/00 009/00 016. Hereinafter cited as 1861 Scottish Census.
- [S1] Certificate held on file, Held by Ailsa Corlett, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia. Hereinafter cited as Certificate held on file.
- [S11] Scottish Record Office BDM Indexes, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, 1864 Carnwath, Lanark, GROS 632/0036. Hereinafter cited as Scottish Record Office BDM Indexes.