David Alexander married Janet Scott, daughter of William Scott and Marion Watson, on 15 Dec 1854 at Carnwath, Lanarkshire, Scotland .1
David appeared on the 1861 Scottish Census of 7 Apr 1861 at 30 Old Square, Calderbank, Lanarkshire, Scotland , also listed in the household was Janet, Marion, Isabella, William, Janet, George and George ;
ALEXANDER David, Head, Mar, 26, Blast Furnace keeper, Carnwath
2 children at school, 3 rooms with windows
ALEXANDER Janet, Wife, M, 27, Forth
ALEXANDER Marion dau, Unm, 6, Scholar, Calderbank
ALEXANDER Isabella, Dau, Unm, 6, Scholar, Calderbank
ALEXANDER William, Son, Unm, 5, Scholar, Calderbank
ALEXANDER Janet, Dau, 2, Calderbank
ALEXANDER George, Son, 2mths, Calderbank
SCOTT George, Brother in law, Unm, 36, Blast Furnace Keeper, Carstairs.2
David appeared on the 1871 Scottish Census of 2 Apr 1871 at Kier Cottage, Carluke, Lanarkshire, Scotland , also listed in the household was Janet, William, Janet, George, David, James, Elisabeth and Jane ;
ALEXANDER David, Head, M, 36, Blast Furance Manager, Carnwath, 6 rooms with windows, 3 children attending school
ALEXANDER Janet, Wife, m, 36, Carnwath
ALEXANDER William, son, Unm, 14, Engine Fireman, Calderbank
ALEXANDER Janet, Dau, 12, Managers Daughter, Calderbank
ALEXANDER George, Son, 10, Scholar, Calderbank
ALEXANDER David, Son, 8, Scholar, Shotts
ALEXANDER James, Son, 6, Scholar, Shotts
ALEXANDER Elizabeth, Dau, 4, twins, Shotts
ALEXANDER Jane, Dau, 4, twins, Shotts.3
David Alexander witnessed the death of Janet Alexander on 21 Dec 1874 Castlehill, Carluke, Lanarkshire, Scotland ,
Janet Alexander, married to David Alexander, Furnance Manager
At 2:20AM, aged 41yrs
Parents: William Scott, Tailor and Marion Watson (dec)
David Alexander, Widower was present at her death.4,5
David Alexander married Isabella // c 1876 at Lanarkshire, Scotland .
David appeared on the 1881 Scottish Census of 3 Apr 1881 at Lily Bank Cottages, Shotts, Lanarkshire, Scotland , also listed in the household was Isabella, Margaret and Mary ;
ALEXANDER David, Head, Married, 46, M, Blast Furance Manager, Carnwath
ALEXANDER Isabella, Wife, Married, 49, F, Camneth
ALEXANDER Marion, Dau, 9, F, Scholar, Castlehill
ALEXANDER Mary, Dau, 7, F, Scholar, Castlehill.6
David appeared on the 1891 English Census of 5 Apr 1891 at Fenton House, Fenton, Staffordshire, England, also listed in the household was Isabella, Jane and Mary ;
ALEXANDER David, Head, M, 57, Blast Furnace Manager, Scotland
ALEXANDER Isabella, Wife, M, 60, Scotland
ALEXANDER Jane, Dau, S, 24, Scotland
ALEXANDER Mary, Dau, S, 17, Scotland.7
Children of David Alexander and Janet Scott
- Marion Alexander (10 Jan 1855 - )
- Isabella Alexander (10 Jan 1855 - )
- William Alexander (25 Aug 1856 - )
- Janet Alexander (6 Aug 1858 - )
- George Alexander (9 Jun 1860 - )
- David Alexander (11 May 1862 - )
- James Alexander (16 May 1864 - )
- Jane Alexander (7 Sep 1866 - )
- Elisabeth Alexander (7 Sep 1866 - )
- Margaret Alexander (19 Sep 1871 - )
- Mary Alexander (3 Sep 1873 - )
Family: David Alexander and Isabella //
- [S32] GROS, Scottish OPR's (www.scotlandspeople.co.uk: pre 1855), 1854 Carnwath Lanark, 632/00 0003. Hereinafter cited as Scottish OPR's.
- [S79] 1861 Scottish Census (www.scotlandspeople.co.uk: New Register House Edinburgh, 7 April 1861), 1861 Calderbank, Old Monkland (Eastern District) Lanark 652/03 608/03 037. Hereinafter cited as 1861 Scottish Census.
- [S76] 1871 Scottish Census (www.scotlandspeople.co.uk: New Register House Edinburgh, 2 April 1871), Carluke Lanark, 629/00 002/00 023. Hereinafter cited as 1871 Scottish Census.
- [S1] Certificate held on file, Held by Ailsa Corlett, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia. Hereinafter cited as Certificate held on file.
- [S11] Scottish Record Office BDM Indexes, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, 1874 Carluke Lanark 629/00 0158. Hereinafter cited as Scottish Record Office BDM Indexes.
- [S15] 1881 Scottish Census (www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk: New Register House Edinburgh, 3 April 1881), FHL Film 0203618 GRO Ref Vol 626-B EnumDist 3 Page 5. Hereinafter cited as 1881 Scottish Census.
- [S74] 1891 English Census (www.ancestry.co.uk: PRO England, 5 April 1891), 1891 Staffordshire, Stoke Upon Trent, Tenton District 11 - RG 12/2179 Page 43. Hereinafter cited as 1891 English Census.