photo courtsey of Linda Scott
Parents: James Farm, Coal Miner & Ann Farm MS Forrest
Married Dec 31st 1862, Whitburn
James Farm, Father was present at her birth.1,2
She was the daughter of James Ferme and Ann Weir Forrest.
Agnes appeared on the 1881 Scottish Census of 3 Apr 1881 in the household of James Farm at Peasants Row, Carnwath, Lanarkshire, Scotland ;
TRUM, James, H, Coal Miner, M, 39, M, Collington, Edinburgh, Scotland
TRUM, Annie, W, M, 39, F, New Monkland, Lanark, Scotland
TRUM, Neil, Son, Coal Miner, U, 17, M, Whitburn, Linlithgow
TRUM, Elen, Dau, Farm Serv Unemployed, U, 16, F, Musselburgh, Edinburgh
TRUM, Marion, Dau, Scholar, 13, F, Carnwath, Lanark
TRUM, James, Son, Scholar, 11, M, Whitburn, Linlithgow
TRUM, Emily, Dau, Scholar, 8, F, Carnwath, Lanark
TRUM, Alex. Son, Scholar, 7, M, Carnwath, Lanark
TRUM, Elizabeth, Dau, Scholar, 6, F, Carnwath, Lanark
TRUM, John, son, 4, M, Carnwath, Lanark
TRUM, Ann, Dau, 2, F, Carnwath, Lanark
TRUM, Agnes, Dau, 4mths, F, Carnwath, Lanark.3
Agnes Farm was also known as Fairholm.
Agnes appeared on the 1891 Scottish Census of 5 Apr 1891 in the household of James Fairholm at 9 Aitkenhead Row, Bothwell, Lanarkshire, Scotland ;
FAIRHOLM, James, Head, M, 49, Miner, employed, Edinburgh, 2 rooms with windows
FAIRHOLM, Annie, Wife, M, 49, New Monkland
FAIRHOLM, Neil, Son, Unm, 27, Miner, Employed, Linleithgow
FAIRHOLM, James, Son, Unm, 21, Miner, Employed, Linleithgow
FAIRHOLM, Emily, Dau, Unm, 19, Domestic, Carnwath
FAIRHOLM, Alexander, Son, Unm, 17, Miner, Employed, Carnwath
FAIRHOLM, John, Son, 14, Miner, Employed, Carnwath
FAIRHOLM, Annie, Dau, 12, Scholar, Carnwath
FAIRHOLM, Agnes, Dau, 10, Scholar, Carnwath
FAIRHOLM, Jane, Dau, 8, Scholar, Carnwath.4
Agnes Fairholm married James Gibson Scott, son of Robert Scott and Agnes Gibson, on 12 Jun 1903 at Royal Buildings Hall, Uddingston, Lanarkshire, Scotland ,
After Publication, according the the Banns of the Evangeliest Union Church.
James Gibson Scott, Coal Miner, Bachelor, aged 24
Usual Res: Provident Place, Thornwood,
Parents:Robert Scott, Coal Miner (dec) & Agnes Scott MS Gibson (dec)
Agnes Fairholm, Spinster, aged 22
Usual Res: Church Place, Uddingston.
Parents: James Fairholm, Caol Miner & Ann Fairholm MS Forrest
Witnesses: Robert Scott and Jeanie Aitchison Gillon Fairholm.1,5
As of 12 Jun 1903,her married name was Scott.
Agnes immigrated on 10 Aug 1906 from Liverpool via "SS Cymric" to Boston, USA, with James Gibson Scott
" SS Cymic " Left Liverpool Aug 10 1906 and arrived Boston Aug 19 1906
SCOTT James, 27, M, M, Miner, Scotland, last res Uddingston, final Dest Hampton Falls NH,
passage paid by self and had more than $50 in possession, never been before to the US,
to friend John Brown Box 63, Hampton Falls NH, health good
SCOTT Agnes, 25, F, M, Wife,
SCOTT Robert, 5 months, M, S, Infant.6
Salvation Army Officer
James and Agnes became part of the Salvation Army while in Portsmouth, New Hampshire. They became Officers.
Their first corps appointment was Saco, Maine.
Linda's parents also were Salvation Army officers, and she has ascertained that they all worshipped in the same building in Portsmouth.7
Agnes appeared on the 1910 USA Census of 23 Apr 1910 in the household of James Gibson Scott at 193 Lundal Street, Haverhill, Massachusetts, USA;
SCOTT James G, Head, M, White, 30, M,born Scot-England, parents Scot- England, immigrated 1907, occupation Head Officer, Salvation Army
SCOTT Agnes, Wife, F, W, 25, M, born Scot-England, parents Scot-England, immigrated 1907, no occupation
SCOTT Robert, Son, M, W, 4, S, born Scot-England, parents Scot-England, immigrated 1907
BROWN John, Brother in law, M, W, 35, M, born Scot-England, parents Scot- England, immigrated 1906, occupation Labour, Gas Company.8
Agnes Scott was listed, along with James Gibson Scott, on a passenger list dated 6 Jun 1914 going arrived from New York via "Olympic" to Southampton, England,
2 and half pages of Salvation Army families going back to England altogether. Was it for a conference ?
SCOTT James, 35
SCOTT Mrs, 33
SCOTT Robt, child, 8
SCOTT Franklin, Child, 2.9
Agnes Scott was listed, along with James Gibson Scott, on a passenger list dated 31 Jul 1914 going from Glasgow via the "SS Numidian" to Boston, USA ,
Sailed from Glasgow 31 July 1914 arrived Boston Massachusetts 11 Aug 1914.
SCOTT James G, 35, Mar, Captain Salvation Army, born Scotland, Last permant Res: Holyoke Mass, Nearest Relative: Bro Adam Scott, Tannochisdie PO Uddingston
Going to Holyoake Massachusetts.
SCOTT Agnes, 32, Wfie
SCOTT Robt, 8, Son
SCOTT Ferrholm, 2, Son, born USA.10
Agnes died on 24 Oct 1914 at 12 Beacon, Holyoake, Massachusetts, USA, at age 33 years, 10 months and 15 days
DOB Dec 9 1880
Married James G Scott
Parents: James Fairholm & Annie Fairholm MS Forrest, Scotland
Dr seen her between 18 Aug and 24 Oct 1914.11,7,12
Agnes's cause of death on 24 Oct 1914 was from Tuberculosis
Acute external, Liver Disease - 3 months.
Agnes was buried on 27 Oct 1914 at Hampton Falls Cemetery, Hampton Falls, New Hampshire, USA,
1880 - 1914
Buried in a family plot bought by James Scott and John Brown.7
|Father*||James Ferme (10 May 1841 - 23 Feb 1912)|
|Mother*||Ann Weir Forrest (14 Oct 1841 - 27 Jul 1929)|
- [S1] Certificate held on file, Held by Ailsa Corlett, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia. Hereinafter cited as Certificate held on file.
- [S11] Scottish Record Office BDM Indexes, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, 1880 Carnwath Lanarkshire, #15994709. Hereinafter cited as Scottish Record Office BDM Indexes.
- [S15] 1881 Scottish Census (www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk: New Register House Edinburgh, 3 April 1881), 1881 FHL Film 0203623, GRO Ref Vol632, EnumDist 11, Page 35
Under the Surname spelling of TRUM - Carnwath Lanark 632/00 011/00 035. Hereinafter cited as 1881 Scottish Census.
- [S16] 1891 Scottish Census (www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk: New Register House Edinburgh, 5 April 1891), 1891 RDNO Suffix 625/1, Ennum dist 008, Page No 38, District Name Bothwell, Lanarkshire Surname of FAIRHOLM. Hereinafter cited as 1891 Scottish Census.
- [S11] Scottish Record Office BDM Indexes, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, 1903 Bothwell, Lanarkshire.
- [S61] Passenger Lists, Shipping Records ), Alien passengers for the US Immigration
Boston Passenger Lists 1820-1943, August 1906 - SS Cynric
Ancestry.com. Hereinafter cited as Shipping Records.
- [S145] Letter from Linda Scott (USA) to Ailsa Corlett, Various letters or emails; Held by Ailsa Corlett (Brisbane, Queensland, Australia) email dated 3 Feb 2012.
- [S88] 1910 USA Census (www.ancestry.com: US Federal Govt, 23 April 1910), 1910 Massachusetts Essex Haverhill, ward 4 District 311, sheet No 9B. Hereinafter cited as 1910 USA Census.
- [S61] Shipping Records, 1914 UK Incoming Passengers 1878 - 1960, Class BT26 Piece 600 Item 2.
- [S61] Shipping Records, 1914 Boston Passenger & Crew Listing 1820 - 1943, Microfilm T938, Roll 225 - via Ancestry.com.
- [S1] Certificate held on file: Supplied by Linda Scott email 10 Feb 2012.
- [S66] Letter from Peter Fairholm (England) to Ailsa Corlett, Various letters;.