Margaret Graham married George Watson Scott, son of William Scott and Marion Watson, on 9 Jun 1865 at 3 Mildert Place, Airdrie, Lanarkshire, Scotland ,
After Banns according to the Forms of the United Presbyterian Church
George Scott, Furnace keeper, Calderbank ironworks, Bachelor, aged 40
Usual Res: Calderbank parish of Old Monkland
Parents: William Scott, Tailor and Marion Watson (dec)
Margaret Graham, X her mark, of ? Cleavor, Calderbank Iron Works. Widow, aged 35
Usual Res: Calderbank aforesaid?
Parents: Duncan Graham, labourer and Jane Wallace
Witnesses: John Clark and Ellen Clark.1,2
As of 9 Jun 1865,her married name was Scott.
Margaret appeared on the 1871 Scottish Census of 2 Apr 1871 in the household of George Watson Scott at 10 Furnace Row, Carluke, Lanarkshire, Scotland ;
SCOTT George, Head, Mar, 46, Blast Furnance Keeper, Carstairs
1 rooms with windows, 2 children at school
SCOTT Margaret, Wife, Mar, 39, Campbleton, Argyleshire
SCOTT Charles, Son, Unm, 15, Scholar, Old Monkland
SCOTT Jane, Dau, 13, Scholar, Old Monkland
(Charles and Jane from Margaret's previous marriage).3
Margaret appeared on the 1881 Scottish Census of 3 Apr 1881 in the household of George Watson Scott at Castlehill, Carluke, Lanarkshire, Scotland ;
SCOTT George, Head, M, 54, M, Furnace Keeper, Carstairs
SCOTT Margaret, Wife, M, 48, F, Campbeltown, Argyll
WALTON Charles, Son, U, 24, M, Fireman, Old Monkland.4
Margaret appeared on the 1891 Scottish Census of 5 Apr 1891 in the household of George Watson Scott at Log Row, Carluke, Lanarkshire, Scotland ;
SCOTT George, Head, Mar, 64, General lab, employed, Carstairs Lanark
2 rooms with windows
SCOTT Margaret, Wife, Mar, 59, Faulfultown, Argylshire
SCOTT Maggie, Granddaughter, 11, Scholar, Carluke
SCOTT James, Grandson, 14, Coal Miner, employed, Carluke.5
Margaret died on 5 Mar 1893 at Castlehill, Carluke, Lanarkshire, Scotland ,
married to George Scott, labourer, previously to Charles Nicholas Walton
At 4AM, aged 56 years.
Parents: Duncan Graham, Furnace Keeper (dec) & Jane Wallace (dec)
Charles N Walton, son, was present at her death.1,6
Margaret's cause of death on 5 Mar 1893 was from Disease of Liver, Sub Acute Gastritis, 5 days.
Family: Margaret Graham and George Watson Scott
- [S1] Certificate held on file, Held by Ailsa Corlett, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia. Hereinafter cited as Certificate held on file.
- [S11] Scottish Record Office BDM Indexes, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, 1865 Airdie, New Monkland Lanark 651/01 0076. Hereinafter cited as Scottish Record Office BDM Indexes.
- [S76] 1871 Scottish Census (www.scotlandspeople.co.uk: New Register House Edinburgh, 2 April 1871), 1871 Carluke Lanark, 629/00 002/00 020. Hereinafter cited as 1871 Scottish Census.
- [S15] 1881 Scottish Census (www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk: New Register House Edinburgh, 3 April 1881), 1881 Carluke Lanark, FHL Film 0203622 GRO Ref Vol629 EnumDist 2 Page 39. Hereinafter cited as 1881 Scottish Census.
- [S16] 1891 Scottish Census (www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk: New Register House Edinburgh, 5 April 1891), 1891 Carluke Lanark, 629/00 001/00 055. Hereinafter cited as 1891 Scottish Census.
- [S11] Scottish Record Office BDM Indexes, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, 1893 Carluke Lanark, 629/00 0026.