Maggie Gerrard Innes
John W Innes her father was the informant.1,2
She was the daughter of John Whyte Innes and Margaret Ann Gerrard.
Maggie Gerrard Innes was baptised on 11 Jan 1903 in 252 South Wellington Street, Glasgow, Lanarkshire, Scotland ,
Baptized by the Minister of St Augustine in the Free Church of Glasgow.3
Maggie appeared on the 1911 Scottish Census of 2 Apr 1911 in the household of George Gerrard at 14 King Street, Rosehearty, Aberdeenshire, Scotland ;
GERRARD George, Head, 58, Mar, Slater, Employer, Macduff Banff
GERRARD Kenneth M, Son, 28, Single, Slater, Worker, Macduff Banff
GERRARD Hannah W, Dau, 20, Single, Peterhead Aberdeen
GERRARD Caroline, Dau, 17, Single, Rosehearty Aberdeen
INNES Maggie, Grand Dau, 7, School, Glasgow Lanark.4
Maggie Gerrard Innes was also known as Daisy Innes.
Maggie Gerrard Innes married Neil Fairholm Scott, son of Adam Scott and Marion Pickard Farm, on 4 Dec 1929 at Residence of Mrs R Kay, 27 Littlebourne Road, Dunedin, Otago, New Zealand ,
Neil Fairholm Scott, aged 28, Tram Conductor, Widower 26 April 1929, born Glasgow Scotland
Parents: Adam Gibson Scott, Pithead Foreman & Marion Pickard Fairholm
Maggie Gerrard Innes, aged 27, Spinster, born Glasgow Scotland
Parents: John White Innes, Police Constable & Margaret Gerrard
Witnesses: Muriel Kay, 27 Littlebourne Road, Domestic & Harold W Cope, 11 Parkhill Ave, Mornington, Compositor.5,6
As of 4 Dec 1929,her married name was Scott.
As of 4 Dec 1929, Maggie Gerrard Innes was also known as Daisy Scott.
Maggie recieved a Letter from (Kenneth MacKenzie Gerrard), 14 King Street, Rosehearty, Aberdeenshire, Scotland , dated Dec 1931.
Mrs Daisy Scott, Dunedin, New Zealand.7
Maggie was present on the 1935 Electoral Roll Dunedin, Otago, New Zealand , in the household of Neil Fairholm Scott.
SCOTT Neil Fairholm, 30 Embo St, tram conductor
SCOTT Margaret Gerrard Innes, 30 Embo St, married.8
Maggie recieved a Letter from (Caroline McDougall), Walnut Grove, Kinfauns, Perth, Perthshire, Scotland , dated 26 Feb 1967.
Mrs Daisy Scott
61 Fox St, South Dunedin, New Zealand
My Dear Neice
I do hope this finds you well, your summer will be about gone now, I do hope we have a good one but they are few and far between not like the summers we used to have. I think we are verering near Ice and I have sent you one or two papers. My friend sends the post to her daughter in Australia, so I thought you would like it to read. How are all your family since they had their holidays, it is funny having your summer at Xmas. My hubby does a lot of fishing on the Tay & Earn the Tay is just at the foot of garden. Don't you send anything to Hannah & I as everything is so dear of course the postage is very high with you as well as us. By the way I don't bother with the Innes family & never have. George used to visit but I never went about them. Did Ruby Thirds son get married were you invited, she will miss him. Hannah is going to drop you a line she has been catching up on her Xmas mail anyway all our love Aunt & Uncle xxxx. ps. will send you more papers cheerio.9
Maggie died on 15 Apr 1973 at 15 Marama Street, Dunedin, Otago, New Zealand , at age 70 years, 8 months and 16 days
Margaret Gerrard Scott, Widow, from 15 Marama Street, Dunedin, aged 71, DOB 13 July 1901
born Edinburgh Scotland, in NZ 45 years
Parents: - Innes & Mararet Gerrard.5,10
Maggie's cause of death on 15 Apr 1973 was from Respiratory failure
Chronic obstructive respiratory disease- years
Maggie's death notice appeared on 17 Apr 1973 in the "Otago Daily Times", New Zealand ,
Margaret Gerrard Innes (Daisy)
On April 15 1973 at her daughters home, wife of the late Neil Fairholm Scott, beloved Mother of Adam, Isabel (Mrs Milne), June (Mrs Clark, Wellington), Neil (Hamilton), Bob (Kaitangata), Vera ( Mrs Bryant, Auckland) and Ruby (Mrs Blewden), also beloved Grandmother & Great Grandmother of all the children.
She Loved them all .
In her 72yrs
A Service will be held in our Chapel Cnr Anderson Bay Rd & Oxford Street at 2pm today (Tuesday) April 17.
The Funeral then leaving for the Anderson's Bay Cemetery.
Messages to 15 Marama Street, Sunshine
Hope & Sons Ltd. Funeral Director.11
Maggie was buried on 17 Apr 1973 at Anderson's Bay Cemetery, Dunedin, Otago, New Zealand ,
my dear husband Neil Scott
d 27 July 1962 aged 62.
Also his loved wife
Margaret Gerrard Scott
d 15 April 1973.
Always in our thoughts.12
2 children are still living.
|Father*||John Whyte Innes (25 Oct 1879 - 26 Oct 1943)|
|Mother*||Margaret Ann Gerrard (2 Nov 1876 - 6 Jul 1911)|
Children of Maggie Gerrard Innes and Neil Fairholm Scott
- [S1] Certificate held on file, Held by Ailsa Corlett, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Orginal held on file. Hereinafter cited as Certificate held on file.
- [S11] Scottish Record Office BDM Indexes, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, Hutchesontown Lanark, 644/11 1769. Hereinafter cited as Scottish Record Office BDM Indexes.
- [S20] Details obtained from a Certificate Details written on orginal birth certificate, Held by Ailsa Corlett.
- [S136] GRO Scotland, 1911 Scottish Census (www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk: New Register House Edinburgh, 2 April 1911), 1911 Pitsligo Aberdeen, 233/00 002/00 005. Hereinafter cited as 1911 Scottish Census.
- [S1] Certificate held on file.
- [S2] NZRGO, Lower Hutt, New Zealand, NZ BDM Indexes, Held by Ailsa Corlett, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, NZ Online Database: 1929/ 7183. Hereinafter cited as NZ BDM Indexes.
- [S178] Held by Ailsa Corlett (Brisbane, Qld, Australia) , held by myself; Held by Ailsa Corlett (Brisbane, Queensland, Australia) Letter dated Dec 1931.
- [S6] Elections, Electoral Roll (Auckland, New Zealand: BAB Microfilming, 1853 - 1967), 1935 Electoral Roll, Dunedin South. Hereinafter cited as Electoral Roll.
- [S129] Letter from Caroline McDougall (Kinfauns by Perth Scotland) to Daisy Scott; Held by Ailsa Corlett (Brisbane, Queensland, Australia), Orginial Letter sent to Ailsa Corlett from Ruby Blewden nee Scott March 2009 and held on file.
- [S2] NZRGO, Lower Hutt, New Zealand, NZ BDM Indexes: NZ Online Database: 1973/ 39356 DOB 13 July 1901.
- [S10] Newspaper, Various Papers, Otago Daily Times, Dunedin 17 April 1973 pg 3 - sited Dunedin City Council Library 31 May 2013. Hereinafter cited as Newspaper Article.
- [S3] NZSG, NZ Cemetery Records (Auckland, New Zealand & Online Council Databases: NZSG, 1988), Vol 6 No 3276. Block 251, Plot 4. Hereinafter cited as NZ Cemetery Records.