Margaret Joyce Leyden
She was the daughter of Ernest William Leyden and Margaret Grace Bain.
Margaret Joyce Leyden married Robert Kay Scott, son of Neil Fairholm Scott and Maggie Gerrard Innes, on 25 Sep 1954 at St Bernadettes Church, Forbury Corner, Dunedin, Otago, New Zealand .3
As of 25 Sep 1954,her married name was Scott.
Margaret died on 9 Jun 2011 at Public Hospital, Dunedin, Otago, New Zealand , at age 75 years, 11 months and 29 days
Margaret had had a fall and broken some ribs, developed fluid on the lungs which turned to pneumonia.4
Margaret's death notice appeared on 11 Jun 2011 in the "Otago Daily Times" newspaper, New Zealand ,
SCOTT, Margaret Joyce (Grams).
On June 9, 2011, suddenly at Dunedin Hospital; aged 75 years.
Dearly loved wife of the late Bob, loved and loving Mum and Mother-in-law of Margaret and Kevin, Robert and Janine, Brian and Jackie, Gregory and Susan, and Trudie and Ben, adored Grams of Jacinda, and Melissa; Philipa, Morgan, Robert and Isaac; Nathan, Clair, Olivia, Samantha and Genevieve; Sinead, and Angus, loved Great-Grams of Esme, Eden, Zach, and Paige.
Rest in peace.
Requiem Mass will be celebrated in St Bernadette's Catholic Church, Forbury Road, at 1pm on Monday, June 13.
The funeral then leaving for the Green Park Cemetery.
Rosary will be held in the Church, at 5.30pm on Sunday evening.
Messages to Scotts Ridge, 28 MacMaster Road, Saddle Hill, RD1, Dunedin 9076.
Hope and Sons Ltd. FDANZ
SCOTT Margaret Joyce.
Loved Mother and Grandmother of Margaret and Kevin Carter (Wellington), Jacinda and Franz Stoufer (Auckland), Melissa and Bryan Field (Wellington), Zachary, Paige, Jakob, and Harri.
Messages to 28 Meadowbank Drive, Belmont, Lower Hutt 5010.
SCOTT, Margaret Joyce (Grams). Most dearly loved and deeply missed Mum, Mother-in-Law and Grams of Gregory, Susan, Sinead and Angus. XXXX
"So polish the stars,
And fire up the Sun;
And put out some slippers,
To welcome my Mum.
Find a new galaxy,
And light up her name;
Because life on planet Earth,
Just won't be the same."
Much loved sister of the late Ernest Leyden, and sister-in-law of Lorraine, Aunty Marg will be remembered with great love and affection by Anthony, Theresa, Andrea, Bridget, Gaylene, Carole, Barbara, Jenny, Deanna, Daniel and their partners and children.5
Margaret was buried on 13 Jun 2011 at Green Park Cemetery, Dunedin, Otago, New Zealand ,
Robert Kay Scott
a dearly loved husband, father and grandfather
Margaret Joyce Scott
- GRAMS -
a dearly loved wife, mother, mother-in-law, frams and great-grams.
Loving and Inspirational Parents.6
|Father*||Ernest William Leyden (1909 - )|
|Mother*||Margaret Grace Bain (1912 - )|
Family: Margaret Joyce Leyden and Robert Kay Scott
- [S2] NZRGO, Lower Hutt, New Zealand, NZ BDM Indexes, Held by Ailsa Corlett, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Folio No 2988, June Qtr. Hereinafter cited as NZ BDM Indexes.
- [S110] Letter from Margaret Scott (Dunedin) to Ailsa Corlett, Various letters; Held by Ailsa Corlett (Brisbane, Queensland, Australia) June 1st 2008.
- [S2] NZRGO, Lower Hutt, New Zealand, NZ BDM Indexes: Folio No 11300.
- [S127] Letter from Ruby Blewden (Dunedin, New Zealand) to Ailsa Corlett, Various letters or emails Feb 2009; Held by Ailsa Corlett (Brisbane, Queensland, Australia) Advised via email from Vicky on the day.
- [S10] Newspaper, Various Papers, Otago Daily Times, Dunedin, Saturday 11 June 2011. Hereinafter cited as Newspaper Article.
- [S3] NZSG, NZ Cemetery Records (Auckland, New Zealand & Online Council Databases: NZSG, 1988), Dunedin City Council Online Database: Block 11-12 Plot 2 & 4. Hereinafter cited as NZ Cemetery Records.