Parents: James Love, Iron Miner & Jeanie Gordon
married 31st Dec 1884, Auchinairn
James Love her father was present at her birth.1,2
She was the daughter of James Lundles Love and Jane Gordon.
Janet appeared on the 1891 Scottish Census of 5 Apr 1891 in the household of James Love at 7 Bridge Street, Newton, Lanarkshire, Scotland ;
LOVE James, Head, Mar, 31, Coal Miner, employed, Old Auchinairn Lanark
LOVE Jean, Wife, Mar, 25, New Auchinairn
LOVE Mary, Daur, 5, Scholar, Old Auchinairn
LOVE Janet, Daur, 3, Old Auchinairn
LOVE William, Son, 11mths, Cambuslang
LOVE William, Brother, Unm, 22, Coal Miner, employed, Old Auchinairn.3
Janet appeared on the 1901 Scottish Census of 31 Mar 1901 in the household of James Love at 106 Hawthorn Street, Glasgow, Lanarkshire, Scotland ;
LOVE James, Head, Mar, 40, Coal Miner, Worker, Auchinairn
LOVE Jeanie, Wife, Mar, 38, Auchinairn
LOVE Mary, Daur, Single, 15, Tailoress, Worker, Auchinairn
LOVE Janet, Daur, 13, Message Girl, worker, Auchinairn
LOVE William, Son, 10, Scholar, Newton
LOVE Peter, Son, 8, Scholar, Newton
LOVE James, Son, 6, Scholar, Auchinairn
LOVE Robert, Son, 3, Barugeddie.4
Janet appeared on the 1911 Scottish Census of 2 Apr 1911 in the household of James Love at 531 ? Old ??, Glasgow, Lanarkshire, Scotland ;
LOVE James, 10 people, Head, 50, Mar, Coal Miner, Worker, Auchinairn
LOVE Jeanie, Wife, 48, Mar, married 16 yrs, 9 children born and 9 still alive, Auchinairn
LOVE Janet, Dau, 23, S, Waitress, worker, Auchinairn
LOVE Willie, Son, 20, S, Butcher, worker, Newton
LOVE Peter, Son, 18, S, Ironworker, worker, Newton
LOVE James, Son, 16, S, Shop Assistant, Worker, Auchinairn
LOVE Lizzie, Dau, 16, S, Auchinairn
LOVE Robert, Son, 13, School, Bargederee
LOVE Abraham, Son, 9, School, Possilpark
LOVE Jeanie, Dau, 6, School, Easterhouse.5
Janet Love married Robert Scott, son of Adam Scott and Marion Pickard Farm, on 12 Apr 1912 at Portland, Maine, USA,
Robert Scott & Janet Love
Res: Tannochside Scotland & Shettleston Scotland
Both aged 23, White, Born Scotland, 1st marriage and both Single
Robert listed as a Machinist & Janet as At Home
Intention Filed: March 15, 1912, Married by John M Artirs, Clergyman, Portland
Parents: Adam G Scott, Jeweller & Marion P Fairholm, in Scotland
James Love, Mining contractor & Jeanie Gordon, Housewife, in Scotland.1,6
As of 12 Apr 1912,her married name was Scott.
Janet immigrated on 28 Jul 1923 from Glasgow via " SS Assyria" to New York, USA , with Robert Scott
SCOTT Robert, 35, M, Married, Marine Engineer, English, Scotch, from Bellshill, Father Adam Scott, Post Office Tannochside Uddingston, - to Kearney NJ, ticket paid by self, in possession of $600, previous year of arrival 1910 (crossed out) 1914, Portland,relative Brother in law, James Love, 262 Kearney Ave, Kearney, NJ, coming Permantly, fair hair and skin, blue eyes, 5ft 10ins, born Forth Scotland
SCOTT Janet Love, 35, F, M, Housewife, previous arrival yes, 1912 (crossed out) 1914 Portland, fair hair & skin, blue eyes, 5ft 2in, Anchinairn Scotland
SCOTT Jean Gordon, 9, F, S School, fair hair & skin, blue eyes, 4ft 10in, born Shettleston
SCOTT Marion Fairholm, 3, F, S, fair hair & skin, blue eyes, 3ft 5in, Glasgow.7
Janet appeared on the 1930 USA Census of 25 Apr 1930 in the household of Robert Scott at Atwood Road, Haverhill, Massachusetts, USA;
SCOTT Robert, Head, Home owned, $1500 value, radio, M, White, 41, M, aged of marriage 23, born Scotland, arrival 1923, automotive mechanic, War Veteran Yes.
SCOTT Janet, Wife, 41, age at marriage 23, born Scotland, arrived 1923, occupation none
SCOTT Jean G, Dau, f, 15, born Scotland, arrived 1923
SCOTT Marion F, Dau, f, 10, born Scotland, arrived 1923
SCOTT Mary L, Dau, F, 2yrs 9mths, born Massachusetts
LOVE Elizabeth G, sister in Law, F, 55, Single, born Scotland, arrived 1928, occupation Housework Private Family.8
Janet died b 1967 at Haverhill, Massachusetts, USA,
Still need to find correct date that Janet died.
|Father*||James Lundles Love (c 1860 - 3 Aug 1917)|
|Mother*||Jane Gordon (c 1863 - 30 Mar 1941)|
Family: Janet Love and Robert Scott
- [S1] Certificate held on file, Held by Ailsa Corlett, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia. Hereinafter cited as Certificate held on file.
- [S11] Scottish Record Office BDM Indexes, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, Cadder (Western) Lanark, 626/A1 0027. Hereinafter cited as Scottish Record Office BDM Indexes.
- [S16] 1891 Scottish Census (www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk: New Register House Edinburgh, 5 April 1891), 1891 Cambuslang Lanark, 627/00 0011/00 030. Hereinafter cited as 1891 Scottish Census.
- [S63] 1901 Scottish Census (www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk: New Register House Edinburgh, 31 March 1901), 1901 Possilpark Glasgow City/Lanark, 644/07 003/00 015. Hereinafter cited as 1901 Scottish Census.
- [S136] GRO Scotland, 1911 Scottish Census (www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk: New Register House Edinburgh, 2 April 1911), 1911 Shettleston Glasgow Lanark, 622/02 007/00 023. Hereinafter cited as 1911 Scottish Census.
- [S100] USA Govt, USA BDM Record, www.ancestry.com, Maine Marriage Records 1705 - 1922, Maine State Archives - Portland Cumberland. Hereinafter cited as USA BDM Record.
- [S61] Passenger Lists, Shipping Records ), New York Passenger Lists 1820-1957, Microfilm Serial T715, roll T715-3346 page 98
Ancestry.com. Hereinafter cited as Shipping Records.
- [S90] 1930 USA Census (www.ancestry.com: US Federal Govt, 22 April 1930), Essex, Massachusetts, City of Haverhill, EnumDist 5-58, Sheet No 21B. Hereinafter cited as 1930 USA Census.