(not present) born Jan 10 1855 at 1 PM, Forth Parish of Canwarth, Lanarkshire
Parents: David Alexander, Farm Labourer, 20yrs Carnwath
Janet Alexander MS Scott, her 2nd child, 21yrs, Forth
Married 1854, Forth, Carnwath: 1 Child Living
David Alexander, Father, Calderbank.1,2,3
She was the daughter of David Alexander and Janet Scott.
Isabella appeared on the 1861 Scottish Census of 7 Apr 1861 in the household of David Alexander at 30 Old Square, Calderbank, Lanarkshire, Scotland ;
ALEXANDER David, Head, Mar, 26, Blast Furnace keeper, Carnwath
2 children at school, 3 rooms with windows
ALEXANDER Janet, Wife, M, 27, Forth
ALEXANDER Marion dau, Unm, 6, Scholar, Calderbank
ALEXANDER Isabella, Dau, Unm, 6, Scholar, Calderbank
ALEXANDER William, Son, Unm, 5, Scholar, Calderbank
ALEXANDER Janet, Dau, 2, Calderbank
ALEXANDER George, Son, 2mths, Calderbank
SCOTT George, Brother in law, Unm, 36, Blast Furnace Keeper, Carstairs.4
Isabella appeared on the 1871 Scottish Census of 2 Apr 1871 in the household of William Scott at Blackhill, Lanarkshire, Scotland ;
SCOTT William, Head, Widower, 65, Small Farmer (wrong occupation?), Carnwath, Lanark, 2 windows and 1 child at school
SCOTT Jane, Daur, Unm, 27, Servant, Carnwath
SCOTT William, Grandson, 7, Scholar, Carnwath
SCOTT Hugh, Grandson, 3, Carnwath
ALEXANDER Isabella, Visitor, Unm, 16, Carnwath (his granddaughter)
Everything is correct on this Census, apart from the recording of Small Farmer for his occupation.
So did William try his hand at Small Farmer for a time, but then revert back to being a Tailor or is this a error in recording by the enumerator.5
|Father*||David Alexander (c 1834 - )|
|Mother*||Janet Scott (23 Oct 1833 - 21 Dec 1874)|
- [S1] Certificate held on file, Held by Ailsa Corlett, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia. Hereinafter cited as Certificate held on file.
- [S11] Scottish Record Office BDM Indexes, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, 1855 Carnwath Lanark, 632/00 001 - Marion: 002 Isabella. Hereinafter cited as Scottish Record Office BDM Indexes.
- [S33] Birth Marriage and Burial Entries, International Genealogical Index & Family Search Web Site (IGI) : Family Search Web site, From 2000), C116321.
- [S79] 1861 Scottish Census (www.scotlandspeople.co.uk: New Register House Edinburgh, 7 April 1861), 1861 Calderbank, Old Monkland (Eastern District) Lanark 652/03 608/03 037. Hereinafter cited as 1861 Scottish Census.
- [S76] 1871 Scottish Census (www.scotlandspeople.co.uk: New Register House Edinburgh, 2 April 1871), 1871 Carnwath, Lanark, 632/00 008/000 008. Hereinafter cited as 1871 Scottish Census.