Marion Black was born on 27 Sep 1859 at Inveresk, Midlothian, Scotland ,
Parents: Richard Black & Marion Young.1
Marion Black married Charles Simpson, son of Margaret Davidson, on 1 Jun 1883 at Hunterfield, Stobhill, Midlothian, Scotland ,
After Banns according to the Forms of the Presbyterian Church
Gardener, Bachelor, aged 26, Snauk Gardens, Bothwick
Parents: William Simpson, Labourer & Marion Simpson MS King
Domestic Servant, Spinster, aged 23, Hunterfield Stobhill
Parents: Richard Black, Coal Miner & Marion Young
Witnesses: Naime Young & Ellen Black.2,3
As of 1 Jun 1883,her married name was Marion Simpson.
Marion appeared on the 1891 Scottish Census of 5 Apr 1891 in the household of Charles Simpson at 66 Appin Crescent, Dunfermline, Fifeshire, Scotland ;
SIMPSON Charles, Head, 54, Insurance Agent, born Edinburgh
SIMPSON Marion, Wife, 31, born West Pans, Haddington
SIMPSON Jane, Dau, 5, Scholar, born Edinburgh
SIMPSON Marion, Dau, 3, born Preston Kirk Haddington
SIMPSON Margaret, Dau, 8mths, Dunfermline Fife.4
Marion appeared on the 1901 Scottish Census of 31 Mar 1901 in the household of Charles Simpson at Castle Blair Park, Dunfermline, Fifeshire, Scotland ;
SIMPSON Charles, Head, 45, Mar, Insurance Agent, Edinburgh
SIMPSON Marion B, Wife, 41, Westpans Haddington
SIMPSON Jane G W, Dau, 14, Scholar, Hunterfield Edinburgh
SIMPSON Marion B, Dau, 13, Scholar, East Linton Haddington
SIMPSON Margaret D, Dau, 10, Scholar, Dunfermline, Fife
SIMPSON Richard B, Son, 5, Dunfermline
SIMPSON William, Son, 4, Dunfermline
SIMPSON Thomas, Son, 2, Dunfermline
SIMPSON Helen, Dau, 1, Dunfermline.5
Marion appeared on the 1911 Scottish Census of 2 Apr 1911 in the household of Charles Simpson at Dunfermline, Fifeshire, Fifeshire;
SIMPSON Charles, Head, 54, Mar, Insurance Agent, Worker, Edinburgh Midlothian
SIMPSON Marion B, Wife, 51, Mar, Married 27yrs, 8 children born, 6 children living, Edinburgh
SIMPSON Margaret D, Dau, 20, Single, Damask Ironer, Linen Factory, Worker, Dunfermline Fife
SIMPSON Richard B, Son, 15, Trnter(sic), Linen Factory, Worker, Dunfermline
SIMPSON William S, Son, 14, School, Dunfermline
SIMPSON Thomas J, Son, 12, School, Dunfermline.6
Marion died on 19 Dec 1937 at 89 Appin Crescent, Dunfermline, Fifeshire, Scotland , at age 78 years, 2 months and 22 days
(Widow of Charles Simpson, Insurance Superintendant)
At 10.15 PM aged 78
Parents: Richard Black, Coal Miner (dec) & Marion Black MS Young (dec)
William S Simpson, Son, Castle Blair Park was the informant.2,7
Marion's cause of death on 19 Dec 1937 was from Senility
Marion said on 1911 Census 8 Children, 6 still living.
Children of Marion Black and Charles Martin Davidson/Simpson
- [S33] Birth Marriage and Burial Entries, International Genealogical Index & Family Search Web Site (IGI) : Family Search Web site, From 2000), "Scotland Births and Baptisms, 1564-1950," database, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:FQSY-JH5 : 8 December 2014), Marion Black, 27 Sep 1859; citing INVERESK WITH MUSSELBURGH,MIDLOTHIAN,SCOTLAND, reference , index based upon data collected by the Genealogical Society of Utah, Salt Lake City; FHL microfilm 6,035,516.
- [S1] Certificate held on file, Held by Ailsa Corlett, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia. Hereinafter cited as Certificate held on file.
- [S11] Scottish Record Office BDM Indexes, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, 1883 Stobhill Edinburgh Midlothian, 698/B0 0007. Hereinafter cited as Scottish Record Office BDM Indexes.
- [S16] 1891 Scottish Census (www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk: New Register House Edinburgh, 5 April 1891), 1891 Dunfermline Fife, ED 7 Page 37 Reg No 424 - via Ancestry.co.uk. Hereinafter cited as 1891 Scottish Census.
- [S63] 1901 Scottish Census (www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk: New Register House Edinburgh, 31 March 1901), 1901 Dunfermline Fife, 424/ ED 6 Line 14. Hereinafter cited as 1901 Scottish Census.
- [S136] GRO Scotland, 1911 Scottish Census (www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk: New Register House Edinburgh, 2 April 1911), 1911 Dunfermline Fife, 424/00 001/00 023. Hereinafter cited as 1911 Scottish Census.
- [S11] Scottish Record Office BDM Indexes, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, 1937 Dunfermline Fife, 424/00 0639.