Jean Gardner was born on 2 Jun 1793 at Shettleston, Lanarkshire, Scotland .1
She was the daughter of William Gardner and Elizabeth Gilmour.
Jean Gardner was baptised on 16 Jun 1793 in Barony, Lanarkshire, Scotland ,
Wm Gardner, Smith, Shettleston & Eliz Gilmour had their 1st Child born 2nd bapt 16th June named Jean.
Robt Law and Andrew Gilmour were Witnesses.2,3,4
Jean Gardner married David Temple on 8 Nov 1811 at Barony, Lanarkshire, Lanarkshire,
13 Oct 1811
David Temple, Weaver & Jean Gardner both in this parish married 8th Nov, by Revd Walter W Hughman.2,5
As of 8 Nov 1811,her married name was Temple.
Jean appeared on the 1841 Scottish Census of 6 Jun 1841 in the household of David Temple at Marlborough Street, Glasgow, Lanarkshire, Scotland ;
TEMPLE David, 55, Cotton HLW (Hand Loom Weaver), Scotland
TEMPLE Jean, 45, Lanark
TEMPLE Alexander, 20, Cotton HLW, Lanark
TEMPLE Mary, 15, Lanark
TEMPLE Janet, 14, Cotton PLW, Lanark
TEMPLE David, 12, Cotton HLW, Lanark
TEMPLE Isobella, 10, Lanark
TEMPLE Robert, 8, Lanark.6
As of c 1850,Jean Gardner was also known as Jane Temple.
Jane appeared on the 1851 Scottish Census of 30 Mar 1851 at 4 East John Street, Glasgow, Lanarkshire, Scotland , also listed in the household was David, Isobella and Robert ;
TEMPLE or GARDNER Jane, Head, Widow, 57, Glasgow Lanark
TEMPLE David, Son, 25, (Jouneyman) Hand Loom Weaver, Glasgow
TEMPLE Isabella, Dau, 20, Power Loom Weaver, Glasgow
TEMPLE Robert, Son, 17, Ass Teacher of Com Braches of Edn, Glasgow
MARTIN Isabella, Lodger, 45
PHINEX Janet, Lodger, 30.7
Jane appeared on the 1861 Scottish Census of 7 Apr 1861 at Glasgow, Lanarkshire, Lanarkshire, also listed in the household was Elizabeth, David and George ;
TEMPLE Jane, Head, Widow, 67, Cottom Winder, Glasgow Lanark
GARDNER Elizabeth, Mother, Widow, 85, Glasgow Lanark
TEMPLE David, Grandson, 6, Glasgow
TEMPLE George, Grandson, 4, Glasgow.8
Jane died on 17 Mar 1864 at Glasgow, Lanarkshire, Lanarkshire, at age 70 years, 9 months and 15 days
Jane Temple, Widow of David Temple, Handloom Weaver
Aged 71, at 11.36 PM
Parents: William Gardner, Carter (dec) & Elizabeth Gardner MS Gilmour (dec)
William Temple, son was present when she passed away.2,9
Jane's cause of death on 17 Mar 1864 was from Inflammation of Lungs - 7 weeks.
I cannot locate the baptisms of the any children.
Children of Jean Gardner and David Temple
|Father||William Gardner (c 1772 - b 6 Jun 1841)|
|Mother||Elizabeth Gilmour (c 1774 - 3 Mar 1863)|
- [S33] Birth Marriage and Burial Entries, International Genealogical Index & Family Search Web Site (IGI) : Family Search Web site, From 2000), C116228.
- [S1] Certificate held on file, Held by Ailsa Corlett, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia. Hereinafter cited as Certificate held on file.
- [S32] GROS, Scottish OPR's (www.scotlandspeople.co.uk: pre 1855), 1793 Barony Glasgow City Lanark, 622/0030/0374. Hereinafter cited as Scottish OPR's.
- [S33] International Genealogical Index & Family Search Web Site (IGI), Scotland, Births and Baptisms, 1564-1950," index, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/X197-TD4 : accessed 02 Sep 2013), Jean Gardner, 02 Jun 1793.
Film No 1041477.
- [S32] Scottish OPR's (published) 1811 Barony Lanark, 622/0070 0355.
- [S82] 1841 Scottish Census (www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk: New Register House Edinburgh, 6 June 1841), 1841 Glasgow St Johns Lanark, ED 15, Page 11, Reg No 644/1 via Ancestry.co.uk
. Hereinafter cited as 1841 Scottish Census.
- [S28] 1851 Scottish Census (www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk: New Register House Edinburgh, 30 March 1851), 1851 Glasgow St John Lanark, ED 21 Page 14, Reg No 644/1 via Ancestry.co.uk. Hereinafter cited as 1851 Scottish Census.
- [S79] 1861 Scottish Census (www.scotlandspeople.co.uk: New Register House Edinburgh, 7 April 1861), 1861 Glasgow, Lanark, 644/02 097/00 005. Hereinafter cited as 1861 Scottish Census.
- [S11] Scottish Record Office BDM Indexes, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, 1864 High Church, Glasgow Lanark, 644/02 0609. Hereinafter cited as Scottish Record Office BDM Indexes.