Mary Bone was born on 20 Aug 1873 at Dreghorn, Ayrshire, Scotland ,
Parents: James Bone, Coal Miner & Allison Bone MS Lauchlan.1,2
Mary appeared on the 1891 Scottish Census of 5 Apr 1891 in the household of David Laird at Meadowhill, Larkhall, Lanarkshire, Scotland ;
BONE Allison, Head, Widow, 52, Ayreshire
BONE David, Son, Unm, 19, Coal Miner, Dreghorn Ayrshire
BONE Mary, Dau, Unm, 17, Dreghorn Ayrshire
BONE Janet, Dau, Unm, 15, Dalserf Lanark
BONE Alex, Son, Unm, 13, Scholar, Dalserf Lanark
BONE Allison, Dau, 11, Scholar, Dalserf Lanark
BONE Robina, Dau, 7, Scholar, Larkhall Lanark
LAIRD David, Boarder, Unm, 22, Coal Miner, Ayreshire.3
Mary Bone married David Laird, son of David Laird and Margaret Campbell, on 16 Sep 1892 at Larkhall, Lanarkshire, Scotland ,
After Publication according to the Forms of the Free Church of Scotland
Coal Miner, Bachelor, aged 22
Usual Res: 137 Meadowhill, Larkhall
Parents: David Laird, Coal Miner (dec) & Margaret Laird MS Campbell
Field Worker, Spinster, aged 19
Usual Res: 138 Meadowhill, Larkhall
Parents: James Bone, Coal Miner (dec) & Allison Bone MS Lauchlan
Janet Bone and David Bone were witnesses.4,5
As of 16 Sep 1892,her married name was Laird.
Mary appeared on the 1901 Scottish Census of 31 Mar 1901 in the household of David Laird at 137 Meadowhill Rows, Dalserf, Lanarkshire, Scotland ;
LARD (sic) David, Head, Marr, 35, Coal Miner, Stevenston Ayrshire
LARD (sic) Mary, Wife, Mar, 27, Dreghorn Ayreshire
LARD (sic) David, Son, 4, Larkhall Lanark
LARD (sic) James, Son, 2, Larkhall Lanark.6
Mary recorded the birth of Charles Laird on 13 Apr 1901 137 Meadowhill, Larkhall, Lanark, Scotland ,
at 5 AM
Parents: David Laird, Caol Miner & Mary Laird MS Bone
Married: 1892 September 16th, Larkhall
Mary Laird, Mother was the informant of the birth.4,7
Mary died on 26 Oct 1905 at 10 Meadowhill, Larkhall, Lanarkshire, Scotland , at age 32 years, 2 months and 6 days
Married to David Laird, Coal Miner
At 4.30PM aged 32yrs
Parents: James Bone, Coal Miner (dec) & Allison Bone MS McLachlan
David Laird, Widower was present when she passed away.4,8
Mary's cause of death on 26 Oct 1905 was from Acute Cystitis - 10 days
Puerperium - 14 days (after childbirth - most likely Puerperal Fever or Mastitis. )
Children of Mary Bone and David Laird
- [S11] Scottish Record Office BDM Indexes, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, 1873 Dreghorn Ayrshire, two registrations in that year: 589/112 & 589/99 - most likely the 589/112 as the other Mary Bone was born 15 Aug 1873. Hereinafter cited as Scottish Record Office BDM Indexes.
- [S33] Birth Marriage and Burial Entries, International Genealogical Index & Family Search Web Site (IGI) : Family Search Web site, From 2000), "Scotland Births and Baptisms, 1564-1950," database, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:XYP8-8RH : 2 January 2015), Mary Bone, 20 Aug 1873; citing DREGHORN,AYR,SCOTLAND, reference ; FHL microfilm 6,035,516.
- [S16] 1891 Scottish Census (www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk: New Register House Edinburgh, 5 April 1891), 1891 Dalserf Larkhall, Lanarkshire - RG 12 638/1 ED 1A Page 8 via Findmypast.co.uk & Ancestry.co.uk - Ancestry have name recorded wrong as Caird.. Hereinafter cited as 1891 Scottish Census.
- [S1] Certificate held on file, Held by Ailsa Corlett, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia. Hereinafter cited as Certificate held on file.
- [S11] Scottish Record Office BDM Indexes, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, 1892 Larkhall Lanark, 638/01 0068.
- [S63] 1901 Scottish Census (www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk: New Register House Edinburgh, 31 March 1901), 1901 Larkhall Dalserf Lanarkshire, RG13 638/1 ED6A Page 66 - via Findmypast.co.uk & Ancestry.co.uk - surname is spelt as LARD. Hereinafter cited as 1901 Scottish Census.
- [S11] Scottish Record Office BDM Indexes, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, 1905 Larkhall Lanark, 638/01 0171.
- [S11] Scottish Record Office BDM Indexes, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, 1905 Larkhall Lanark, 638/01 0170.