Elizabeth Gilmour was born c 1774 at Barony, Lanarkshire, Scotland ,
Birth not located or idenified correctly as of Oct 2013.
She was the daughter of John Gilmour and Margaret Murdoch.
Elizabeth Gilmour married William Gardner on 4 Nov 1792 at Barony, Lanarkshire, Lanarkshire,
Wm Gardner, Smith and Eliz. Gilmour both residing in this parish.
Also as a submission (entry by someone else) to Eliz Gilman 11 Nov 1792, Barony, Lanark.1,2,3
As of 4 Nov 1792,her married name was Gardner.
Elizabeth appeared on the 1841 Scottish Census of 6 Jun 1841, at New Vennal, Glasgow, Lanarkshire, Scotland ;
TENNANT James, 30, Goldsmith J, Yes
TENNANT George, 70, Clock Maker, Yes
TENNANT John, 8mths, Yes
MARSHALL Mary, 25, FS, Yes
GARDNER Widow, 65, PP (Parish Pauper ?), Yes
GARDNER Jean, 15, Cotton Twister, Yes
GARDNER Agnes, 15, Cotton Twister, Yes
WOOD Widow, 50, PP, Yes
This is the only fit for Elizabeth Gardner, regarding approx age (remember 1841 ages were rounded down) and place of residence.
I also suspect that Jean and Agnes are perhaps Granddaughters, but at this stage have not been able to locate correct marriages or deaths for either of them.4
Elizabeth appeared on the 1851 Scottish Census of 30 Mar 1851 in the household of David Gardner at Renmuir, Old Monkland, Lanarkshire, Scotland ;
GARDINER David, Head, Mar, 23 (sic should be 33), Agricultural Servant, Barony Lanark
GARDINER Mary, Wife, M, 29, Renfrew
GARDINER Elizabeth, Dau, Unm, 8, Scholar, Shettleston, Lanark
GARDINER Andrew, Son, Unm, 6, Scholar, Cumbernauld Dumbarton
GARDINER David, Son, Unm, 4, Old Monkland Lanark
GARDINER Mary, Dau, Un, 2, Old Monkland Lanark
GARDINER Elizabeth, Lodger, Widow, 76, Pauper, Barony Lanark.5
Elizabeth appeared on the 1861 Scottish Census of 7 Apr 1861 in the household of Jane Temple at 4 East John Street, Glasgow, Lanarkshire, Scotland ;
TEMPLE Jane, Head, Widow, 67, Cottom Winder, Glasgow Lanark
GARDNER Elizabeth, Mother, Widow, 85, Glasgow Lanark
TEMPLE David, Grandson, 6, Glasgow
TEMPLE George, Grandson, 4, Glasgow.6
Elizabeth died on 3 Mar 1863 at Glasgow, Lanarkshire, Lanarkshire,
at 0hr AM, aged 89 years.
Widow of William Gardner, Carter.
Parents: John Gilmour, Farmer (dec) and Margaret Gilmour MS Murdoch (dec)
Robert Temple, Grandson was present at her death.
No death notice in Glasgow Hearld recorded.1,7
Elizabeth's cause of death on 3 Mar 1863 was from Old Age
No Medical Attendant.
Children of Elizabeth Gilmour and William Gardner
- Jean Gardner+ (2 Jun 1793 - 17 Mar 1864)
- Mary Gardner (5 Feb 1795 - b 1798)
- Elisabeth Gardner (22 Aug 1796 - )
- Mary Gardner (29 Sep 1798 - )
- unknown Gardner (c 1800 - )
- Isobel Gardner (29 Jan 1803 - )
- Margaret Gardner (22 Jun 1805 - b 1812)
- Andrew Gardner (17 Oct 1807 - )
- James Gardner+ (30 Apr 1810 - 29 Oct 1882)
- Margaret Gardner (11 Oct 1812 - )
- John Gardner (7 Apr 1815 - )
- David Gardner+ (18 Jun 1817 - c 1859)
- Alexander Gardner+ (27 Jul 1819 - 3 Jan 1881)
|Father||John Gilmour (c 1750 - )|
|Mother||Margaret Murdoch (c 1750 - )|
- [S1] Certificate held on file, Held by Ailsa Corlett, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia. Hereinafter cited as Certificate held on file.
- [S32] GROS, Scottish OPR's (www.scotlandspeople.co.uk: pre 1855), 1792, Barony Lanark 622/0070 0112. Hereinafter cited as Scottish OPR's.
- [S33] Birth Marriage and Burial Entries, International Genealogical Index & Family Search Web Site (IGI) : Family Search Web site, From 2000), M119661
Film No 1041478.
- [S82] 1841 Scottish Census (www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk: New Register House Edinburgh, 6 June 1841), 1841 Glasgow College Lanark, 644/01 200/00 009. Hereinafter cited as 1841 Scottish Census.
- [S28] 1851 Scottish Census (www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk: New Register House Edinburgh, 30 March 1851), 1851 Old Monkland Lanark, 652/00 003/00 019. Hereinafter cited as 1851 Scottish Census.
- [S79] 1861 Scottish Census (www.scotlandspeople.co.uk: New Register House Edinburgh, 7 April 1861), 1861 Glasgow, Lanark, 644/02 097/00 005. Hereinafter cited as 1861 Scottish Census.
- [S11] Scottish Record Office BDM Indexes, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, 1863 High Church Lanark, 644/02 0385. Hereinafter cited as Scottish Record Office BDM Indexes.