Jean Hutchison was born on 23 Apr 1815 at Gorbals, Lanarkshire, Scotland .
She was the daughter of Robert Hutchison and Janet Neilson.
Jean Hutchison was baptised on 7 May 1815 in Gorbals, Lanarkshire, Lanarkshire,
Daughter of Robert Hutchison and Janet Neilson at Govan Colliery
Born 23 April 1815, Baptised 7 May 1815.1,2
Jean Hutchison married Charles Laird on 14 Jul 1834 at Gorbals, Lanarkshire, Lanarkshire,
Charles Laird and Jean Hutchison both at Govan Collery, married by the Revd Mr Turner 14th July 1834.1,3,4
As of 14 Jul 1834,her married name was Laird.
Jean appeared on the 1841 Scottish Census of 6 Jun 1841 in the household of Charles Laird at Wilson's Land, Old Dalmarnock Road, Bridgeton, Lanarkshire, Scotland ;
LAIRD Charles, 25, Coal Miner, No
LAIRD Jane, 20, Yes
LAIRD David, 5, Yes
LAIRD Robert, 3, Yes
LAIRD William, 1, Yes
SNEDDON William, 60, L.P. No
SNEDDON Sarah, 10, Cotton PLW, Yes.5
Jean appeared on the 1851 Scottish Census of 30 Mar 1851 in the household of Charles Laird at Patterson's Row, Govan, Lanarkshire, Scotland ;
LAIRD, Charles, Head, Married, 38, Coalminer, born (Unknown) - very difficult to read could be Stirling ??
LAIRD, Jane, Wife, M, 35, Govan, Lanark
LAIRD, David, Son, U, 15, Trapdoor Keeper, Old Monkland, Lanark
LAIRD, Robert, Son, U, 13, Drawer in a coalpit, Old Monkland, Lanark
LAIRD, William, Son, 10, Drawer in a coalpit, Old Monkland, Lanark
LAIRD, Jane, Dau, 8, Scholar, Barony of Glasgow, Lanark
LAIRD, Charles, Son, 6, Scholar, Barony of Glasgow, Lanark
LAIRD, Eleanor, Dau, 4, Govan, Lanark
LAIRD, Thomas, Son, 1, Govan, Lanark.6
Jean Hutchison married James Park on 1 Mar 1861 at Overton, Ayrshire, Scotland ,
After Banns according to the Forms of the Church of Scotland
Coal Miner (Widower), aged 53
Usual Res: Overton, Parish of Dreghorn
Parents: John Park, Coal Miner & Janet Park MS Ross
Jean Hutchison, Her X Mark, Muslin Sewer (Widow) - (William Beveridge and David Laird Witnesses)
Usual Res: Overton Parish of Dreghorn
Parents: Robert Hutchison, Coal Miner & Janet Hutchison MS Neilson
Witnesses: William Beveridge & David Laird.1,7
As of 1 Mar 1861,her married name was Park.
Jean appeared on the 1861 Scottish Census of 7 Apr 1861 in the household of James Park at Overton Hamlet, Dreghorn, Ayrshire, Scotland ;
PARK James, Head, 53, Coalminer, Cumnock Ayr
PARK Jean, Wife, 44, Govan, Lanark
LAIRD Helen, Daughter, 14, Govan
LAIRD Thomas, Son, 10, Scholar, Govan
LAIRD Agnes, Daughter, 8, Govan.8
Jean died on 20 Apr 1862 at Overton, Ayrshire, Ayrshire, at age 46 years, 11 months and 28 days
(married to James Park, Coal Miner)
At 9pm aged 47yrs
Parents: Robert Hutchison, Coal Miner (dec) & Janet Nelson
James Park, Widower was present at her death.1,9
Jean's cause of death on 20 Apr 1862 was from Acute Phthisis Pulmonalis - 16 days.
Children of Jean Hutchison and Charles Laird
Family: Jean Hutchison and James Park
|Father||Robert Hutchison (c 1780 - )|
|Mother||Janet Neilson (c 1780 - )|
- [S1] Certificate held on file, Held by Ailsa Corlett, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia. Hereinafter cited as Certificate held on file.
- [S32] GROS, Scottish OPR's (www.scotlandspeople.co.uk: pre 1855), 1815- Gorbals, Glasgow City Lanark, 644/002 0020 0043. Hereinafter cited as Scottish OPR's.
- [S32] Scottish OPR's (published) 834 Gorbals Lanark, 644/002 0070 0125.
- [S7] Scottish OPR Indexes: Ref No 644.2/7 Gorbals FR 1243, (pre 1855), Genealogical Society of Qld, Woolloongabba, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia. Hereinafter cited as OPR Indexes.
- [S82] 1841 Scottish Census (www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk: New Register House Edinburgh, 6 June 1841), 1841 Barony Glasgow Lanark, 622/00 096/00 025. Hereinafter cited as 1841 Scottish Census.
- [S28] 1851 Scottish Census (www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk: New Register House Edinburgh, 30 March 1851), 1851 Gorbals Film No 166, 627B Govan/Strathbungo - 1851 Govan Lanark 644/02 137/02 005. Hereinafter cited as 1851 Scottish Census.
- [S32] Scottish OPR's (published) 1861 Dreghorn Ayr, 589/00 0004.
- [S79] 1861 Scottish Census (www.scotlandspeople.co.uk: New Register House Edinburgh, 7 April 1861), 1861 Dreghorn Ayrshire, ED 5 Line 12, page 30 - via Ancestry.co.uk. Hereinafter cited as 1861 Scottish Census.
- [S11] Scottish Record Office BDM Indexes, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, 1862 - Dreghorn Ayr 589/00 0015. Hereinafter cited as Scottish Record Office BDM Indexes.