John King was baptised on 29 Jun 1794 in Gladsmuir, East Lothian, Scotland ,
Born 18 June1794.1,2
He was the son of John King and Janet Wilson.
John King married Margaret Pettigrew on 27 Jan 1815 at Ormiston, East Lothian, Scotland ,
John King in the parish of Pencaitland and Margaret Pettigrew in this parish gave up their names in proclaimation of Marriage 27 Jan 1815.3,4
John died on 18 Mar 1840 at Newbattle, Midlothian, Scotland , at age 45 years, 8 months and 18 days
Died 18 March 1840
Buried 21 March 1840
John KING aged 45
Lived Gallington Hall, Newbattle
Son John King was the informant.3,5
Children of John King and Margaret Pettigrew
|Father||John King (3 Oct 1770 - b 1841)|
|Mother||Janet Wilson (11 Nov 1770 - 23 Feb 1853)|
- [S32] GROS, Scottish OPR's (www.scotlandspeople.co.uk: pre 1855), OPR Gladsmuir, East Lothian, 708/0030 0016. Hereinafter cited as Scottish OPR's.
- [S197] Letter or email from Mary Legarth (New Zealand) to Ailsa Corlett, Various letters or emails; Held by Ailsa Corlett (Brisbane, Queensland, Australia) Descandant Tree of John King dated 2008.
- [S1] Certificate held on file, Held by Ailsa Corlett, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia. Hereinafter cited as Certificate held on file.
- [S32] Scottish OPR's (published) 1815 Ormiston East Lothian, 715/00 0010 0363.
- [S32] Scottish OPR's (published) 1840 Newbattle Midlothian, 695/00 0050 0299.