John King was baptised on 1 Sep 1818 in Pencaitland, East Lothian, Scotland ,
Mother written as Petticrue
Born 19 aug 1818.1,2
He was the son of John King and Margaret Pettigrew.
John King witnessed the death of John King on 18 Mar 1840 Newbattle, Midlothian, Scotland ,
Died 18 March 1840
Buried 21 March 1840
John KING aged 45
Lived Gallington Hall, Newbattle
Son John King was the informant.3,4
John witnessed the marriage of William Hunter and Jane King on 3 Oct 1840 Dalkeith, Midlothian, Scotland .3,5
|Father||John King (29 Jun 1794 - 18 Mar 1840)|
|Mother||Margaret Pettigrew (c 1790 - 2 Jun 1883)|
- [S32] GROS, Scottish OPR's (www.scotlandspeople.co.uk: pre 1855), 1818 Pencaitland East Lothian, 716/00 0030 0012. Hereinafter cited as Scottish OPR's.
- [S197] Letter or email from Mary Legarth (New Zealand) to Ailsa Corlett, Various letters or emails; Held by Ailsa Corlett (Brisbane, Queensland, Australia) Descandant Tree of John King dated 2008.
- [S1] Certificate held on file, Held by Ailsa Corlett, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia. Hereinafter cited as Certificate held on file.
- [S32] Scottish OPR's (published) 1840 Newbattle Midlothian, 695/00 0050 0299.
- [S32] Scottish OPR's (published) 1840 Dalkeith Midlothian, 683/00 0110 0202.