William Laird Campbell
William Laird Campbell was born c 1891 at Lanarkshire, Scotland .
William Laird Campbell married Isabella McFarlane, daughter of James McFarlane and Isabella Gardiner, on 20 Jun 1913 at 143 London Street, Glasgow, Lanarkshire, Scotland ,
After Banns according to the Forms of the Church of Scotland
William L Campbell, Engine Draughtsman, (Bachelor), aged 22
Usual Res: 15 Govanhill Street, Glasgow
Parents: Thomas Campbell, Engineer (dec) and Mary Jane Campbell MS Laird (dec)
Isabella McFarlane, (Spinster), aged 23
Usual Res: 143 London Street, Glasgow
Parents: James McFarlane, Pastry Baker & Isabella McFarlane MS Gardiner (dec)
James Gilmour and Janet B McFarlane were witnesses.1,2
William Laird Campbell and Isabella McFarlane had a marriage notice on 21 Jun 1913 in the "The Glasgow Herald", Scotland ,
At 143 London Street on 20th inst, by the Rev John D Glass.
William Laird Campbell, son of the late Thomas Campbell, engineer, Glasgow to Isabella duaghter of James McFarlane, late of Glasgow.3
William died in 1973 at Morningside, Midlothian, Scotland ,
- [S1] Certificate held on file, Held by Ailsa Corlett, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia. Hereinafter cited as Certificate held on file.
- [S11] Scottish Record Office BDM Indexes, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, 1913 Calton Glasgow Lanark 644/03 0382. Hereinafter cited as Scottish Record Office BDM Indexes.
- [S10] Newspaper, Various Papers, The Glasgow Herald, Saturday June 21, 1913 , 131th Year No 148 via Google newspapers. Hereinafter cited as Newspaper Article.
- [S11] Scottish Record Office BDM Indexes, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, 1973 Morningside, Edinburgh City, Lothian Region, 744/00 0850 aged 83.
- [S205] Letter or email from Arthur F Jones (Dumbarton, Scotland) to Ailsa Corlett, Various letters or emails; Held by Ailsa Corlett (Brisbane, Queensland, Australia) email Oct 2014.