Charles Laird was born c 1845 at Barony, Lanarkshire, Scotland .
He was the son of Charles Laird and Jean Hutchison.
Charles appeared on the 1851 Scottish Census of 30 Mar 1851 in the household of Charles Laird at Patterson's Row, Govan, Lanarkshire, Scotland ;
LAIRD, Charles, Head, Married, 38, Coalminer, born (Unknown) - very difficult to read could be Stirling ??
LAIRD, Jane, Wife, M, 35, Govan, Lanark
LAIRD, David, Son, U, 15, Trapdoor Keeper, Old Monkland, Lanark
LAIRD, Robert, Son, U, 13, Drawer in a coalpit, Old Monkland, Lanark
LAIRD, William, Son, 10, Drawer in a coalpit, Old Monkland, Lanark
LAIRD, Jane, Dau, 8, Scholar, Barony of Glasgow, Lanark
LAIRD, Charles, Son, 6, Scholar, Barony of Glasgow, Lanark
LAIRD, Eleanor, Dau, 4, Govan, Lanark
LAIRD, Thomas, Son, 1, Govan, Lanark.1
Charles appeared on the 1861 Scottish Census of 7 Apr 1861 in the household of David Laird at Overton Hamlet, Dreghorn, Ayrshire, Scotland ;
LAIRD David, Head, M, 25, Coal Miner, Monkland Lanark, One window
LAIRD Margaret, Wife, M, 24, Hamilton Lanark
LAIRD Charles, Son, 4, Hamilton
LAIRD Alexander, Son, 1, Glasgow
DUNLOP Helen, Boarder, UM, 25, Hand Weaver, Kilying Ayr
LNDSAY Mary Boarder, 5, Kilying Ayr
GLACHDY Boarder, 6mth, Irvine Ayr
LAIRD Charles, Boarder, UM, 17, Coal Miner, Lanarkshire.2
Charles Laird married Janet Peerie on 1 Jan 1866 at Crosshill House, Baillieston, Lanarkshire, Scotland ,
After Banns according to the Froms of the Church of Scotland
Charles Laird, Miner, (Single) aged 21, from Stonefield Blantyre
Parents: Charles Laird, Miner (dec) & Jean Huctieson (sic)
Janet Peerie, (Single) aged 18, Blantyre
Parents: John Peerie, Miner and Agnes Capels
Witnesses: Hellen Gardner and William Laird.3,4
Charles witnessed the marriage of Balfour Seator Nicoll and Agnes Gardiner on 2 Sep 1878 143 London Street, Glasgow, Lanarkshire, Scotland .3,5
Charles appeared on the 1881 Census of 3 Apr 1881 at Kelly Land, Old Monkland, Lanarkshire, Scotland , also listed in the household was Janet, John, Charles, William, Jean and Janet ;
LAIRD Charles, Head, M, 38, M, Coal Miner, Barony, Lanark
LAIRD Janet, Wife, M, 39, F, Tollcross, Lanark
LAIRD John, Son, U, 15, M, Coal Miner, Old Monkland, Lanark
LAIRD Charles, Son, U, 11, M, Scholar, Baillieston, Lanark
LAIRD William, Son, 6, M, Scholar, Baillieston, Lanark
LAIRD Jean, Dau, 3, F, Baillieston, Lanark
LAIRD Janet, Dau, 1, F, Baillieston, Lanark.6
Children of Charles Laird and Janet Peerie
|Father||Charles Laird (c 1813 - bt 1853 - 1855)|
|Mother||Jean Hutchison (23 Apr 1815 - 20 Apr 1862)|
- [S28] 1851 Scottish Census (www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk: New Register House Edinburgh, 30 March 1851), 1851 Gorbals Film No 166, 627B Govan/Strathbungo - 1851 Govan Lanark 644/02 137/02 005. Hereinafter cited as 1851 Scottish Census.
- [S79] 1861 Scottish Census (www.scotlandspeople.co.uk: New Register House Edinburgh, 7 April 1861), 1861 Dreghorn Ayrshire, ED5 Line 5, pg 31, Reg No 589. Hereinafter cited as 1861 Scottish Census.
- [S1] Certificate held on file, Held by Ailsa Corlett, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia. Hereinafter cited as Certificate held on file.
- [S11] Scottish Record Office BDM Indexes, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, 1866 Old Monkland (Western District) Lanark 652/01 0007. Hereinafter cited as Scottish Record Office BDM Indexes.
- [S11] Scottish Record Office BDM Indexes, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, 1878 Blackfriars Glasgow Lanark, 644/05 0144.
- [S15] 1881 Scottish Census (www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk: New Register House Edinburgh, 3 April 1881), FHL Film 0203698 GRO Ref Vol 652-1 EnumDist 7 Page 46. Hereinafter cited as 1881 Scottish Census.