Jeanie Hotchkis Laird
Jeanie Hotchkis Laird was born on 25 Jan 1890 at Uddingston, Lanarkshire, Scotland .1
She was the daughter of Alexander Laird and Elizabeth Rae Hotchkis.
Jeanie appeared on the 1891 Scottish Census of 5 Apr 1891 in the household of Alexander Laird at Youngs Terrace, Thorniewood, Lanarkshire, Scotland ;
LAIRD Alexander, Head, 26, Check Weigh Man, Braehead, Lanark
LAIRD Elizabeth, Wife, 27, Ballieston Lanark
LAIRD Elizabeth, Dau, 7, Scholar, Uddingston
LAIRD William, Son, 5, Scholar, Uddingston
LAIRD Jeannie, Dau, 1, Uddingston
LAIRD Mary, Dau, 3, Uddingston.2
Jeanie appeared on the 1901 Scottish Census of 31 Mar 1901 in the household of Alexander Laird at Youngs Land, Thorniewood, Lanarkshire, Scotland ;
LAIRD Alexander, Head, 36, Checkweighman, Baillieston Lanark
LAIRD Elizabeth, Wife, 37, Balliston
LAIRD Elizabeth W, Dau, 17, Dressmaker, Bothwell
LAIRD William, Son, 15, Plumber, Bothwell
LAIRD Jeanie, Dau, 11, Scholar, Bothwell
LAIRD Thomas, Son, 8, Scholar, Bothwell
LAIRD Alexander, Son, 6, Scholar, Bothwell.3
Jeanie appeared on the 1911 Scottish Census of 2 Apr 1911 in the household of Elizabeth Rae Laird at Youngs Building, Tannochside, Lanarkshire, Scotland ;
LAIRD Elizabeth, Head, 3 rooms with windows, 7 people present, 47, Widow, (no children details listed), Private Means, Old Monkland
LAIRD Elizabeth, Dau, 27, S, Dressmaker, own account at home, Bothwell
LAIRD William, Son, 25, S, Plumber, worker, Bothwell
LAIRD Jeanie, Dau, 21, S, Dressmaker, own account at home, Bothwell
LAIRD Thomas, Son, 18, S, Apprentice Electrician, General Engineering, Worker, Bothwell
LAIRD Alexander, Son, 16, S, Apprentice Pattenmaker, General Engineering, Worker, Bothwell
LAIRD Janet, Dau, 6, School, Bothwell.4
Jeanie witnessed the marriage of Mary Gardiner Laird and Archibald St Clair McKay on 7 Jun 1912 Young's Buildings, Thornwood, Lanarkshire, Scotland .5,6
Jeanie Hotchkis Laird married Albert Percival in 1918 at Camlachie, Lanarkshire, Scotland ,
Recorded as Jeanie Hitchkis Laird.7
As of 1918,her married name was Percival.
Jeanie appeared on the 1939 UK Register of 29 Sep 1939 in the household of Albert Percival at 110 Alliance Road, Bexley, Kent, England;
PERCIVAL Albert, M, born 22 Dec 1892, Married, Omnibus Driver LPTB
PERCIVAL Jeanie Hotchkiss, F, born 25 Jan 1890, Married, Unpaid Domestic Duties
PERCIVAL Albert, M, born 10 Jan 1919, Single, Grocers Assistant
PERCIVAL Reginald Ernest, M, born 22 May 1923, Single, Grocers Assistant
PERCIVAL Cecil Charles, M, born 17 April 1925, Single, Messenger Boy Royal Ars???8
Jeanie Hotchkis Percival was the administrator of Albert Percival's estate on 12 Mar 1946 at Llandudno, Conwy, Wales;
of 110 Alliance Road London SE 18
Died 6 January 1946 at Manor House Hospital, Golders Green Middlesex
Administration: Llandudno 12 March to Jean Hotchkis Percival, Widow
Effects: £799 12s 7d.9
Jeanie died on 27 Dec 1984 at Bexley Hospital, Old Bexley Lane, Bexley, Kent, England, at age 94 years, 11 months and 2 days
Jean Hotchkiss Percival
DOB: 25 Jan 1890.10
Jeanie was cremated on 8 Jan 1985 at Greenwich, London, Middlesex, England.11
Jeanie Hotchkis Percival's estate was probated on 15 May 1985 at London, Middlesex, England,
PERCIVAL Jean Hotchkiss otherwise Jean Hotchkis
of Bexley Hosp, 1 Old Bexley Lan Bexley Kent
died 27 December 1984
Probate London 15 May 1985
May be more children.
Family: Jeanie Hotchkis Laird and Albert Percival
|Father||Alexander Laird (11 Oct 1864 - 17 Jan 1906)|
|Mother||Elizabeth Rae Hotchkis (29 Jan 1864 - 14 Nov 1942)|
- [S11] Scottish Record Office BDM Indexes, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, 1890 Bothwell Lanark, 625/01 0088. Hereinafter cited as Scottish Record Office BDM Indexes.
- [S16] 1891 Scottish Census (www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk: New Register House Edinburgh, 5 April 1891), 1891 Bothwell Lanark, 625/01 ED 8A Page 20 via Ancestry.co.uk. Hereinafter cited as 1891 Scottish Census.
- [S63] 1901 Scottish Census (www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk: New Register House Edinburgh, 31 March 1901), 1901 Bothwell Lanark, 625/01, ED 8, Page 1, via Ancestry.co.uk. Hereinafter cited as 1901 Scottish Census.
- [S136] GRO Scotland, 1911 Scottish Census (www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk: New Register House Edinburgh, 2 April 1911), 1911 Bothwell Lanark, 625/01 014/00 013. Hereinafter cited as 1911 Scottish Census.
- [S1] Certificate held on file, Held by Ailsa Corlett, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia. Hereinafter cited as Certificate held on file.
- [S11] Scottish Record Office BDM Indexes, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, 1912 Bothwell Lanarkshire, 625/1 32.
- [S11] Scottish Record Office BDM Indexes, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, 1918 Camlachie (Glasgow district) Lanarkshire, 644/2 275.
- [S233] TNA England, 1939 UK Register (www.Findmypast.co.uk: National Archives England, 29 Sept 1939), 1939 Bexley MB Kent England, Ref: RG101/1224D/017/2 Letter Code: CJFD - via Findmypast. Hereinafter cited as 1939 UK Register.
- [S132] England & Wales, National Probate Calendar (Index of Wills and Adminstrations) 1858-1966, 1946 Registry Llandudno Wales - via Ancestry, Ancestry.co.uk.
- [S78] BDM Indexes online: England Civil Registration online, findmypast.co.uk . Online www.findmypast.com/ www.ancestry.co.uk;, 1984 Dec Qtr Gravesend Kent, Reg No 1284 Vol 16 page 975 - DOB 25 Jan 1890.
- [S43] Cemetery Records , Deceasedonline.com - via Ancestry. Hereinafter cited as Cemetery Records.
- [S132] England National Probate Calendar , 1985 National Probate Calendar - 1985 page 6591 via Ancestry.