Robert Laird was born in 1863 at Kilmarnock, Ayrshire, Scotland .1
He was the son of Robert Laird and Mary Ann Gracey.
Robert appeared on the 1871 Scottish Census of 2 Apr 1871 in the household of Robert Laird at Fullarton Street, Dundonald, Ayrshire, Scotland ;
LAIRD Robert, Head, 34, Coal Miner, Ruthington Lanark
LAIRD Mary, Wife, 30, Miners Wife, Ireland
LAIRD Robert, Son, 8, Scholar, Kilmarnock Ayr
LAIRD Jane, Dau, 6, Old Monkland Lanark
LAIRD Helen, Dau, 4, Old Monkland Lanark
LAIRD Mary, Dau, 2, Dundonald Ayr.2
Robert Laird witnessed the death of Robert Laird on 8 Mar 1881 Dundonald, Ayrshire, Ayrshire,
at 1.20AM aged 46 years.
Married to Mary Gracey
Parents: Charles Laird, Tailor journeyman (dec) & Jane Hutchinson (dec)
Robert Laird, son was present when he passed away.3,4
Robert appeared on the 1881 Census of 3 Apr 1881 in the household of Mary Ann Laird at 39 Fullarton Street (East Side), Dundonald, Ayrshire, Scotland ;
LAIRD Mary, Head, 37, House Keeper, Ireland
LAIRD Robert, Son, 17, General Labourer, Kilmarnock Ayr
LAIRD Charles, Son, 9, Irvine Ayr.5
Robert appeared on the 1891 English Census of 5 Apr 1891 in the household of James Buchanan at 43 James Watt Terrace, Barrow in Furness, Lancashire, England;
BUCHANAN James, Head, 54, Timber Clerk, Scotland
BUCHANAN Mary, Wife, 47, Scotland
LAIRD Robert, Son, 28, Army Reserve Man, Scotland
LAIRD Charles, Son, 19, Ship Plater, Scotland
MILLIGAN Peter, Boarder, 35, Engine Fitter
GREIG Charles, Boarder, 25, Marine Engineer, Scotland
CLARK John, Boarder, 38, Engine Fitter, Scotland
ROBERTSON Charles, Boarder, 26, Engine Fitter, Scotland.6
|Father||Robert Laird (c 1838 - 8 Mar 1881)|
|Mother||Mary Ann Gracey (c 1842 - 1906)|
- [S11] Scottish Record Office BDM Indexes, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, 1963 Kilmarnock Ayrshire, 597/314. Hereinafter cited as Scottish Record Office BDM Indexes.
- [S76] 1871 Scottish Census (www.scotlandspeople.co.uk: New Register House Edinburgh, 2 April 1871), 1871 Dundonald Ayr, Ed 9 Pg 23 Reg 595 - via Ancestry.co.uk. Hereinafter cited as 1871 Scottish Census.
- [S1] Certificate held on file, Held by Ailsa Corlett, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia. Hereinafter cited as Certificate held on file.
- [S11] Scottish Record Office BDM Indexes, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, 1881 Irvine Ayr, 595/00 0048.
- [S15] 1881 Scottish Census (www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk: New Register House Edinburgh, 3 April 1881), 1881 Dundonald Ayr, Ed 7 Pg 38 Reg 595 - via Ancestry.co.uk. Hereinafter cited as 1881 Scottish Census.
- [S74] 1891 English Census (www.ancestry.co.uk: PRO England, 5 April 1891), 1891 Barrow in Furness Lancashire, RG12/ 3486 Folio 136 Pg 53. Hereinafter cited as 1891 English Census.