Thomas Laird was born in 1910 at Bothwell, Lanarkshire, Scotland .1
He was the son of Thomas Laird and Elizabeth Spiers Forrest.
Thomas appeared on the 1911 Scottish Census of 2 Apr 1911 in the household of Thomas Laird at 11 Borestone Crescent, Stirling, Stirlingshire, Scotland ;
LAIRD Thomas, Head, Mar, 33, Miners Hewer, Coal Worker, Old Monkland Lanarkshire
LAIRD Lizzie, Wife, Mar, 33, Married 10 years, 4 Children born and living, Duarrter ? Lanark
LAIRD William, Son, 9, School, Bothwell Lanark
LAIRD Lizzie, Dau, 5, School, Bothwell Lanark
LAIRD David, Son, 3, School, Bothwell Lanark
LAIRD Thomas, Son, 8 mths, Bothwell Lanark.2
Thomas Laird recorded Thomas Laird's death on 30 May 1936 Royal Infirmary, Stirling, Stirlingshire, Scotland ,
Married to Elizabeth Forrest
Usual Res: Millhall Farm
At 3 AM aged 58 years.
Parents: William Laird, Coal Miner hewer (dec) & Mary Laird MS Gardner (dec)
Thomas Laird, Son, 4 Main Street Stirling was the informant.3,4
Thomas Laird recorded Elizabeth Spiers Laird's death on 25 Feb 1951 12 Cousine's Buildings, Bridge of Allan, Stirlingshire, Scotland ,
Elizabeth ( Forrest) Laird
Widow of Thomas Laird, Collery Oversman
At 1.30 AM, aged 74
Parents: David Forrest, Coal Miner (dec) & Elizabeth Forrest MS Speirs (dec)
Thomas Laird, Son, 13 Paris Avenue, Denny was the informant.
(Forrest) was crossed out.3,5
Thomas Laird recorded Elizabeth Speirs Laird's death on 14 Aug 1962 133 Balornock Road, Stobhill Hospital, Glasgow, Lanarkshire, Scotland ,
Elizabeth Speirs Laird
Office Cleaner, Single
Usual Res: 3 Cousins Buildings, Allanvale Road, Bridge of Allan
At 4PM aged 57 years.
Parents: Thomas Laird, Colliery Oversman (dec) & Elizabeth Laird MS Forrest (dec)
Thomas Laird, Brother, 42 Muirside Road, Tullibody was the informant. (This is in Alloa Clackmannanshire only 5.5 miles east of Stirling.)3,6
Thomas died in 1988 at Tullibody, Alloa, Clackmannanshire, Scotland , at age 78 years
(Alloa - Tullibody is just 5.5 Klm from Stirling)
As Thomas's last address in 1962 according to his sister's death certificate was in Tullibody, this death record appears to be the most likely one for Thomas.7
|Father||Thomas Laird (23 Jan 1878 - 30 May 1936)|
|Mother||Elizabeth Spiers Forrest (1878 - 25 Feb 1951)|
- [S11] Scottish Record Office BDM Indexes, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, 1910 Bothwell Lanark, 625/1 467. Hereinafter cited as Scottish Record Office BDM Indexes.
- [S136] GRO Scotland, 1911 Scottish Census (www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk: New Register House Edinburgh, 2 April 1911), 1911 Stirling Stirlingshire, 490/19/24. Hereinafter cited as 1911 Scottish Census.
- [S1] Certificate held on file, Held by Ailsa Corlett, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia. Hereinafter cited as Certificate held on file.
- [S11] Scottish Record Office BDM Indexes, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, 1936 Stirling Stirlingshire, 490/200 aged 58.
- [S11] Scottish Record Office BDM Indexes, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, 1951 Logie Stirlingshire, 485/ B15 Aged 74 yrs.
- [S11] Scottish Record Office BDM Indexes, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, 1962 Springburn Glasgow Lanarkshire, 644/4 1063 aged 57.
- [S11] Scottish Record Office BDM Indexes, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, 1988 Alloa Clackmannanshire, 460/197 - aged 77.