James Laughlin was born on 2 May 1921 at Larkhall, Lanark, Scotland .1
James Laughlin married Mary Bone Laird, daughter of David Laird and Jean Milne Sharp, on 17 Feb 1943 at St Mary's Church, Larkhall, Lanark, Scotland .2,1
James Laughlin witnessed the death of Jean Milne Laird on 23 Mar 1950 25 Woodburn Place, Dalkeith, Midlothian, Scotland ,
Jean Milne Laird
1st John Jess, Coal Miner
2nd David Laird, Coal Miner
at 4.25 AM aged 57/59
Parents: James Sharpe, Paper Mill Worker (dec) & Jane Sharpe MS Moffat (dec)
James Laughlin, Son in Law was present when she passed away.3,4
James and Mary Bone Laughlin in 1950 moved to Cannock, Staffordshire, England,
After Mary's Mother died in 1950, the family moved to Cannock, where James worked in the Littleton Colliery, which finally was closed in 1993 being one of the last of the "core" pits designated by the Government of the time.
James died on 24 Oct 1993 at Cardiff, Glamorganshire, Wales, at age 72 years, 5 months and 22 days
Recorded as James Joseph Laughlin.5,1
Children of James Laughlin and Mary Bone Laird
- [S216] Letter or email from Laura Potts (UK) to Ailsa Corlett, Various letters or emails; Held by Ailsa Corlett (Brisbane, Queensland, Australia) Email from Laura July 2015.
- [S11] Scottish Record Office BDM Indexes, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, 1943 Larkhall Lanark, 638/01 0024. Hereinafter cited as Scottish Record Office BDM Indexes.
- [S1] Certificate held on file, Held by Ailsa Corlett, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia. Hereinafter cited as Certificate held on file.
- [S11] Scottish Record Office BDM Indexes, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, 1950 Dalkeith Midlothian, 683/00 0037.
- [S78] BDM Indexes online: England Civil Registration online, findmypast.co.uk . Online www.findmypast.com/ www.ancestry.co.uk;, 1993 South Glamorgan Glamorganshire Wales, Dec Qtr, District No 8902B Reg No B19A Entry No 123 Date of Reg 1093 (Oct 1993) - DOB 2 May 1921.