Ann Davidson was born on 23 Oct 1827 at Pencaitland, East Lothian, Scotland .
She was the daughter of George Davidson and Marion King.
Ann Davidson was baptised on 18 Nov 1827 in Pencaitland, East Lothian, East Lothian,
Ann Daughter of George Davidson and Marion King, Colliers, Newtown was born 23rd October and baptised 18th Nov 1827.
Witnesses: Robert Strathern and William King, Colliers, Wester Pencaitland.1,2
Ann appeared on the 1841 Scottish Census of 6 Jun 1841 in the household of William Simpson at Fountain Hall, Pencaitland, East Lothian, Scotland ;
SIMPSON William, 25, Coal Miner, Yes
SIMPSON Marion, 35, Yes
SIMPSON James, 6, Yes
SIMPSON Christian, 4, Yes
SIMPSON John, 2, Yes
SIMPSON Janet, 15, Yes
SIMPSON Ann, 10, Yes
SIMPSON Margaret, 10, Yes.3
Ann Davidson and James Oliver were partners c 1847 Cranston, Midlothian, Scotland ,
Suspect this was just a liaison, no formal marriage located as well as no record of George's birth located at this stage Feb 2008.
Ann appeared on the 1851 Scottish Census of 30 Mar 1851 at Loanhead, Cranston, Midlothian, Scotland ;
OTTO John, Head, Mar, 44, General Practitoner & Farmer of 120 acres, 12 labourers
OTTO Catherine, Wife, 50
SCOTT John M, Stepson, 21, Clerk to Druggist
SCOTT James, Stepson, 16, Apprentice to Druggist
DAVIDSON Ann, Servant, U, 23, House Servant, Pencaitland East Lothian
(Ann and James worked for the same Employer John Otto and lived on the same farm)
This is the best possible for the father of George S Oliver at this stage.4
Ann appeared on the 1861 Scottish Census of 7 Apr 1861 at Harryburn House, Lauder, Berwickshire, Scotland ;
ROMANES Isabella, Head, W, 55, Writers Widow
ROMANES Helen, Dau, 26
ROMANES Isabella, Dau, 14
GIBSON Elizabeth, Visitor, 26
KERR Agnes, Visitor, 37
DAVIDSON Ann, Servant, Unm, 32, Domestic Servant, Pencaitland East Lothian
McLACHLAN Jane, Servant, 22.5
Ann appeared on the 1871 Scottish Census of 2 Apr 1871 at 31 Chester Street, Edinburgh, Midlothian, Scotland ;
FERGUSON Robert D G, Head, Mar, 58, landowner
FERGUSON Agnes G, Wife, 53
FERGUSON Isabella, Dau, 25
CURLE Isabella, Visitor, W, 77
CURLE Margaret O, Visitor, 50
DAVIDSON Ann, Servant, Unm, 42, General Servant, Pencaitland, Haddington
FLINT Marion, Serv, 35
BLACK Grace, Serv, 26.6
Ann Davidson married Robert Hogg on 19 May 1871 at 3 Froon Street, Edinburgh, Midlothian, Scotland ,
After Banns according to the Forms of the United Presbyterian Church
Robert Hogg, Railway Surfaceman, (Widower) aged 52. Dunsdalehaugh Selkirk
Parents: Thomas Hogg, Agricultural Labourer (dec) & Minne Pringle (dec)
Ann Davidson, Domestic Servant (Spinster) aged 43, 31 Chester Street, Edinburgh
Parents: George Davidson, Agricultural Labourer (dec) and Marion King
Witnesses: Francis Forrest & Jane McLauchlan.1,7
As of 19 May 1871,her married name was Hogg.
Ann appeared on the 1881 Scottish Census of 3 Apr 1881 in the household of Robert Hogg at 20 So Richmond Street, Edinburgh, Midlothian, Scotland ;
HOGG Robert, Head, 64, Grocer, Yarrow Selkirk
HOGG Ann, Wife, 53, Pencaitland Haddington
(this is the only possible for both Robert and Ann, I have checked all others. Robert being retired must have tried his hand at being a Grocer and they have moved place as well.)8
Ann died on 20 Apr 1884 at Edinburgh, Midlothian, Midlothian, at age 56 years, 5 months and 28 days
Ann Hogg, married to Robert Hogg, Railway Porter
At 1:30am aged 53yrs
Parents: George Davidson, Farm Servant (dec) & Marion Simpson formerly Davidson MS King (dec)
Robert Hogg, Widower, was present at her death.1,9
Ann's cause of death on 20 Apr 1884 was from Pneumonia - 4 days.
Family: Ann Davidson and Robert Hogg
|Father||George Davidson (16 Aug 1796 - 12 Jun 1832)|
|Mother||Marion King (13 Oct 1802 - 25 Jan 1876)|
- [S1] Certificate held on file, Held by Ailsa Corlett, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia. Hereinafter cited as Certificate held on file.
- [S32] GROS, Scottish OPR's (www.scotlandspeople.co.uk: pre 1855), 1827 Pencaitland East Lothian, 716/0030 00051. Hereinafter cited as Scottish OPR's.
- [S82] 1841 Scottish Census (www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk: New Register House Edinburgh, 6 June 1841), 1841 Pencaitland East Lothian, 716/00 004/00 007. Hereinafter cited as 1841 Scottish Census.
- [S28] 1851 Scottish Census (www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk: New Register House Edinburgh, 30 March 1851), 1851 Cranston Midlothian, 680/00 001/00 003. Hereinafter cited as 1851 Scottish Census.
- [S79] 1861 Scottish Census (www.scotlandspeople.co.uk: New Register House Edinburgh, 7 April 1861), 1861 Lauder Berwick, 748/00 005/00 023. Hereinafter cited as 1861 Scottish Census.
- [S76] 1871 Scottish Census (www.scotlandspeople.co.uk: New Register House Edinburgh, 2 April 1871), 1871 St Cuthberts Edinburgh Midlothian, 685/01 054/01 013. Hereinafter cited as 1871 Scottish Census.
- [S11] Scottish Record Office BDM Indexes, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, 1871 St George Edinburgh Midlothian, 685/01 0117. Hereinafter cited as Scottish Record Office BDM Indexes.
- [S15] 1881 Scottish Census (www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk: New Register House Edinburgh, 3 April 1881), 1881 Newington St Cuthberts Edinburgh Midlothian, 685/5 ED 30 Line 21. Hereinafter cited as 1881 Scottish Census.
- [S11] Scottish Record Office BDM Indexes, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, 1884 St George Edinburgh Midlothian, 685/01 0395.