Janet McDonald was born c 1821 at Dunfermline, Fifeshire, Scotland .
Janet McDonald was also known as Jessie McDonald.
Jessie McDonald married Richard Marshall on 9 Aug 1845 at Inveresk with Musselburgh, Midlothian, Scotland .1
As of 9 Aug 1845,her married name was Marshall.
As of 9 Aug 1845,Janet McDonald was also known as Janet Marshall.
Janet appeared on the 1851 Scottish Census of 30 Mar 1851 in the household of Richard Marshall at Kirknewton Village, Kirknewton, Midlothian, Scotland ;
MARSHALL Richard, Head, 47, Ag Lab, Shotts Lanark
MARSHALL Janet, Wife, 35, Dunfermline Fife
MARSHALL Janet, Dau, 7, Scholar, Mussellburgh Midlothian
MARSHALL Mary, Dau, 8mths, Kirknewton Midlothian.2
Janet McDonald and Peter Montgomery were partners c 1855 Dalkeith, Midlothian, Scotland ,
It appears from the census and no record located of any marriage that Jessie and Peter lived together rather than marry.
Jessie appeared on the 1861 Scottish Census of 7 Apr 1861 in the household of Peter Montgomery at Youngs Close, Dalkeith, Midlothian, Scotland ;
MONTGOMERY Peter, Head, 42, Stoker, Duddington Edinburgh
McDONALD Jessie, Servant, 38, Dunfermline
MONTGOMERY John, Son, 6, Scholar, Dalkeith
MONTGOMERY Alexr, Son, 4, Dalkeith
MONTGOMERY Agnes, Dau, 2, Dalkeith
MARSHALL Janet, Boarder, 15, Mill Worker, Inveresk.3
Janet appeared on the 1871 Scottish Census of 2 Apr 1871 in the household of Peter Montgomery at Bruntons Close, Dalkeith, Midlothian, Scotland ;
MONTGOMERY Peter, Head, 51, Stoker at Papersville, Edinburgh
McDONALD Janet, Wife, 50, Dunfermline, Fife
MONTGOMERY John, Son, 16, Cork Cutter, Dalkeith
MONTGOMERY Alexander, Son, 14, Grate Fitter, Dalkeith
MONTGOMERY Agnes, Dau, 12, Scholar, Dalkieth
McDONALD John, Lodger, 28, Stoker at Coal Works, Pollockshaws.4
Janet's cause of death on 12 Jul 1877 was from Consumption.
Jessie died on 12 Jul 1877 at 77 Back Street, Dalkeith, Midlothian, Scotland ,
Jessie Marshall, McDonald or Montgomery
widow of Richard Marshall, Colliery Labourer
At 7:0am aged 56yrs
Parents: ------ McDonald, Procurator Fiscal (dec) & ------- Nicol, MS ------
Peter Montgomery, Occupier was the informant.5,6
Children of Janet McDonald and Richard Marshall
Children of Janet McDonald and Peter Montgomery
- [S33] Birth Marriage and Burial Entries, International Genealogical Index & Family Search Web Site (IGI) : Family Search Web site, From 2000), M195029.
- [S28] 1851 Scottish Census (www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk: New Register House Edinburgh, 30 March 1851), 1851 Kirknewton and East Calder, Midlothian, 690/ ED 1 Line 3. Hereinafter cited as 1851 Scottish Census.
- [S79] 1861 Scottish Census (www.scotlandspeople.co.uk: New Register House Edinburgh, 7 April 1861), 1861 East Dalkeith Midlothian, 683/ ED 9 Line 16. Hereinafter cited as 1861 Scottish Census.
- [S76] 1871 Scottish Census (www.scotlandspeople.co.uk: New Register House Edinburgh, 2 April 1871), 1871 Dalkeith Midlothian, 683/ ED 6 LIne 3. Hereinafter cited as 1871 Scottish Census.
- [S1] Certificate held on file, Held by Ailsa Corlett, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia. Hereinafter cited as Certificate held on file.
- [S11] Scottish Record Office BDM Indexes, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, 1877 Dalkeith Edinburgh Midlothian, 683/00 0101. Hereinafter cited as Scottish Record Office BDM Indexes.