Isabella McFarlane was born on 13 Jan 1890 at 39 St Mary's Terrace, Ballybough Road, Dublin, Leinster, Ireland.1
She was the daughter of James McFarlane and Isabella Gardiner.
Isabella appeared on the 1911 Scottish Census of 2 Apr 1911 in the household of James McFarlane at 7 Ettrick Place, Pollokshaws, Lanarkshire, Scotland ;
McFARLANE James, 4 people in house, Head, 30, Mar, Baker, Worker, Glasgow Lanarkshire
McFARLANE Christina, Wife, 30, Mar, married 6 years, 1 child born and still living, Glasgow Lanark
McFARLANE Christina, Dau, 5, Scholar, Glasgow Lanark
McFARLANE Isabella, Sister, 21, Single, Waitress (Restaurant) Worker, Ireland.2
Isabella witnessed the marriage of John Smith and Agnes Brown on 2 Aug 1912 St Gilberts Parish Church, Glasgow, Lanarkshire, Scotland .3,4
Isabella McFarlane married William Laird Campbell on 20 Jun 1913 at 143 London Street, Glasgow, Lanarkshire, Scotland ,
After Banns according to the Forms of the Church of Scotland
William L Campbell, Engine Draughtsman, (Bachelor), aged 22
Usual Res: 15 Govanhill Street, Glasgow
Parents: Thomas Campbell, Engineer (dec) and Mary Jane Campbell MS Laird (dec)
Isabella McFarlane, (Spinster), aged 23
Usual Res: 143 London Street, Glasgow
Parents: James McFarlane, Pastry Baker & Isabella McFarlane MS Gardiner (dec)
James Gilmour and Janet B McFarlane were witnesses.3,5
As of 20 Jun 1913,her married name was Campbell.
Isabella McFarlane and William Laird Campbell had a marriage notice on 21 Jun 1913 in the "The Glasgow Herald", Scotland ,
At 143 London Street on 20th inst, by the Rev John D Glass.
William Laird Campbell, son of the late Thomas Campbell, engineer, Glasgow to Isabella duaghter of James McFarlane, late of Glasgow.6
Isabella died in 1976 at "Mossgiel" Kenilworth Avenue, Colgrain, Helensburgh, Argyllshire, Scotland , at age 85 years
Isabella Campbell, aged 86yrs.
Died at the home of her youngest daughter and son in law.
Usual Res: Spylaw Bank Road, Colinton, Edinburgh.7,8
|Father||James McFarlane (7 Aug 1857 - a 1926)|
|Mother||Isabella Gardiner (23 Feb 1859 - 20 Nov 1905)|
- [S205] Letter or email from Arthur F Jones (Dumbarton, Scotland) to Ailsa Corlett, Various letters or emails; Held by Ailsa Corlett (Brisbane, Queensland, Australia) email July 2014 & Oct 2014.
- [S136] GRO Scotland, 1911 Scottish Census (www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk: New Register House Edinburgh, 2 April 1911), 1911 Eastwood Pollokshaws, Glasgow Lanark, 1911 562/00 005/0L 013. Hereinafter cited as 1911 Scottish Census.
- [S1] Certificate held on file, Held by Ailsa Corlett, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia. Hereinafter cited as Certificate held on file.
- [S11] Scottish Record Office BDM Indexes, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, 1912 Pollokshields Glasgow Lanark, 644/18 0231. Hereinafter cited as Scottish Record Office BDM Indexes.
- [S11] Scottish Record Office BDM Indexes, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, 1913 Calton Glasgow Lanark 644/03 0382.
- [S10] Newspaper, Various Papers, The Glasgow Herald, Saturday June 21, 1913 , 131th Year No 148 via Google newspapers. Hereinafter cited as Newspaper Article.
- [S11] Scottish Record Office BDM Indexes, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, 1976, Helensburgh, Argyll & Bute, 501/00 0255 aged 86yrs.
- [S205] Letter or email, Arthur F Jones to Ailsa Corlett, Various letters or emails email Oct 2014.