James McFarlane was born on 8 Jun 1880 at 146 London Road, Glasgow, Lanarkshire, Scotland ,
Parents: James McFarlane, Pastry cook, (Master) & Isabella McFarlane MS Gardiner
Married: 26th March 1878, Auchenraith Blantyre
James McFarlane, father, recorded the birth.1,2
He was the son of James McFarlane and Isabella Gardiner.
James appeared on the 1881 English Census of 3 Apr 1881 in the household of James McFarlane at 29 Durham Road, Islington, London, Middlesex, England;
McFARLANE James, Head, Mar, 23, Pastry Cook, Scotland
McFARLANE Isabella, Wife, Mar, 22, Scotland
McFARLANE James, Son, 9 mths, Scotland
McFARLANE Ellen, Dau, 2, Scotland.3
James appeared on the 1901 Scottish Census of 31 Mar 1901 in the household of James McFarlane at 136 Caledonia Rd, Govan, Lanarkshire, Scotland ;
McFARLANE James, Head, 43, Pastry Cook, Glasgow Lanark
McFARLANE Isabella, Wife, 42, Dykehead Lanark
McFARLANE James, Son, 20, Pastry Cook, Glasgow
McFARLANE Margaret, Dau, 7, Scholar, Ireland.4
James McFarlane married Christina Mitchell Rodger on 4 Oct 1904 at 1 Maxwell Road, Glasgow, Lanarkshire, Scotland ,
After Banns according to the Forms of the United Free Church.
J McFarlane Jnr, Pastry Baker (Journeyman), Bachelor, aged 24
Usual Res: 43 Low Glencairn Street, Kilmarnock
Parents: James McFarlane, Pastry Baker, (Journeyman) & Isabella McFarlane, MS Gardner
Christina Mitchell Rodger, Mantle Maker, Spinster aged 24
Usual Res: 5 Tassie Street, Pollokshaws
Parents: Robert Rodger, Missionary & Christina Rodger MS Mitchell
Witnesses: Wm Gilchrist & Elizabeth D Gray.
No marriage notice in the Glasgow Herald.1,5
James appeared on the 1911 Scottish Census of 2 Apr 1911 at 7 Ettrick Place, Pollokshaws, Lanarkshire, Scotland , also listed in the household was Christina and Isabella ;
McFARLANE James, 4 people in house, Head, 30, Mar, Baker, Worker, Glasgow Lanarkshire
McFARLANE Christina, Wife, 30, Mar, married 6 years, 1 child born and still living, Glasgow Lanark
McFARLANE Christina, Dau, 5, Scholar, Glasgow Lanark
McFARLANE Isabella, Sister, 21, Single, Waitress (Restaurant) Worker, Ireland.6
James died on 18 Sep 1961 at 657 Edgefaulds Road, Glasgow, Lanarkshire, Scotland , at age 81 years, 3 months and 10 days
James McFarlane, Widower, aged 81yrs.7
Family: James McFarlane and Christina Mitchell Rodger
|Father||James McFarlane (7 Aug 1857 - a 1926)|
|Mother||Isabella Gardiner (23 Feb 1859 - 20 Nov 1905)|
- [S1] Certificate held on file, Held by Ailsa Corlett, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia. Hereinafter cited as Certificate held on file.
- [S11] Scottish Record Office BDM Indexes, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, 1880 Bridgeton Glasgow Lanark, 644/01 0965. Hereinafter cited as Scottish Record Office BDM Indexes.
- [S80] 1881 English Census (www.ancestry.co.uk: PRO England, 3 April 1881), 1881 Islington, London Middlesex, RG 11/260 Folio 48 pg 16. Hereinafter cited as 1881 English Census.
- [S63] 1901 Scottish Census (www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk: New Register House Edinburgh, 31 March 1901), 1901 Glasgow Govan Lanark, ED 25, Page 19 Reg No 644/11 via Ancestry.co.uk. Hereinafter cited as 1901 Scottish Census.
- [S11] Scottish Record Office BDM Indexes, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, 1904 Tradeston Glasgow Lanark, 644/13 0139.
- [S136] GRO Scotland, 1911 Scottish Census (www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk: New Register House Edinburgh, 2 April 1911), 1911 Eastwood Pollokshaws, Glasgow Lanark, 1911 562/00 005/0L 013. Hereinafter cited as 1911 Scottish Census.
- [S205] Letter or email from Arthur F Jones (Dumbarton, Scotland) to Ailsa Corlett, Various letters or emails; Held by Ailsa Corlett (Brisbane, Queensland, Australia) email Oct 2014.