Janet Brown McFarlane
Janet Brown McFarlane was born on 5 Feb 1892 at 39 St Mary's Terrace, Ballybough Road, Dublin, Leinster, Ireland.1
She was the daughter of James McFarlane and Isabella Gardiner.
Janet appeared on the 1911 Scottish Census of 2 Apr 1911 in the household of Ellen Meikle at 143 London Street, Glasgow, Lanarkshire, Scotland ;
MEIKLE Ellan, 5 people in the house, Head, 63, Widow, Pastry Baker, Employer, Patrick Lanark
MEIKLE William, Son, 38, Single, Pastry Baker, Worker, Glasgow
MEIKLE Helen, Dau, 39, Single, Shop Assitant, Worker, Glasgow
McFARLANE Janet, Servant, 19, Single, Domestic & Shop Assistant, Ireland
BROWN Elizabeth, Servant, 30, Single, Domestic, Larkhall Lanark.2
Janet witnessed the marriage of William Laird Campbell and Isabella McFarlane on 20 Jun 1913 Glasgow, Lanarkshire, Lanarkshire.3,4
Janet Brown McFarlane married William Hawthorne Alexander Cowie on 24 Sep 1926 at St Gilberts Parish Church, Glasgow, Lanarkshire, Scotland ,
After Banns according to the Forms of the Established Church of Scotland
William Hawthorne Alexander Cowie, Mechanical Engineer (Bachelor) aged 32
Usual Res: 15 Napiershall Street, Glasgow
Parents: John Cowie, Manufacturer's Agent (dec) & Marion Cowie afterwards White MS Reid (dec)
Janet Brown McFarlane, Clerk, (Spinster) aged 34
Usual Res: 26 Calder Street, Glasgow
Parents: James McFarlane, Pastry Baker & Isabella McFarlane MS Gardiner (dec)
Wm D Walker, 11 Queen's Park Ave, Crosshill Glasgow & Mary Halliday, 25 Buckingham Terrace, Glasgow West, were witnesses.3,5
As of 24 Sep 1926,her married name was Cowie.
Janet Brown McFarlane and William Hawthorne Alexander Cowie had a marriage notice on 25 Sep 1926 in the "The Glasgow Herald", Scotland ,
At St Gilbert's Parish Church, Pollokshields Glasgow, on 24th September 1926 by the Rev T J Bunting. MA
William Hawthorne Alexander Cowie, 3 Holyrood Quadrant, to Janet Brown McFarlane, 29 Calder Street.6
Janet died in 1982 at East Kilbride, Lanarkshire, Scotland , at age 89 years
Family: Janet Brown McFarlane and William Hawthorne Alexander Cowie
|Father||James McFarlane (7 Aug 1857 - a 1926)|
|Mother||Isabella Gardiner (23 Feb 1859 - 20 Nov 1905)|
- [S205] Letter or email from Arthur F Jones (Dumbarton, Scotland) to Ailsa Corlett, Various letters or emails; Held by Ailsa Corlett (Brisbane, Queensland, Australia) email July 2014 and Oct 2014.
- [S136] GRO Scotland, 1911 Scottish Census (www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk: New Register House Edinburgh, 2 April 1911), 1911 Calton Glasgow Lanark, 1911 644/03 003/00 029. Hereinafter cited as 1911 Scottish Census.
- [S1] Certificate held on file, Held by Ailsa Corlett, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia. Hereinafter cited as Certificate held on file.
- [S11] Scottish Record Office BDM Indexes, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, 1913 Calton Glasgow Lanark 644/03 0382. Hereinafter cited as Scottish Record Office BDM Indexes.
- [S11] Scottish Record Office BDM Indexes, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, 1926 Pollokshields Glasgow Lanark, 644/18 0300.
- [S10] Newspaper, Various Papers, The Glasgow Herald, Saturday Sept 25, 1926 , 144th Year No 230 via Google newspapers. Hereinafter cited as Newspaper Article.
- [S11] Scottish Record Office BDM Indexes, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, 1982 East Kilbride South Lanarkshire, 575/60 0062 aged 89.