Janet Davidson was born on 1 Aug 1823 at Pencaitland, East Lothian, Scotland .
She was the daughter of George Davidson and Marion King.
Janet Davidson was baptised on 4 Oct 1823 in Pencaitland, East Lothian, East Lothian,
DAVIDSON - 1823
Janet Daughter of George Davidson, Collier Deanhead & Marion King his spouse was born the 1st Aug & Baptised 4th Oct following.
Witnesses: William Davidson & John Duncan
(just below this is the entry for Euphemia Davidson - George's other daughter.)1,2
Janet appeared on the 1841 Scottish Census of 6 Jun 1841 in the household of William Simpson at Fountain Hall, Pencaitland, East Lothian, Scotland ;
SIMPSON William, 25, Coal Miner, Yes
SIMPSON Marion, 35, Yes
SIMPSON James, 6, Yes
SIMPSON Christian, 4, Yes
SIMPSON John, 2, Yes
SIMPSON Janet, 15, Yes
SIMPSON Ann, 10, Yes
SIMPSON Margaret, 10, Yes.3
Janet Davidson and James Lamb were partners c 1847 East Lothian, Scotland ,
Suppose to have married a James/ William Lamb, cannot locate a marriage record at this stage Feb 2008
may have been an irregular marriage.
Janet appeared on the 1851 Scottish Census of 30 Mar 1851 at Old Munays, Ormiston, East Lothian, Scotland , also listed in the household was Georgina ;
DAVIDSON Janet, Head, 27, Female, Ag lab, Pencaitland, Haddington
LAMB Georgina, Daughter, 3, Pencaitland.4
Janet Davidson and Peter Montgomery were partners c 1851 East Lothian, East Lothian,
Suppose to have married a Peter Montgomery, cannot locate a marriage record at this stage Feb 2008
again may have been an irregular marriage.
Janet Davidson married Thomas Livingston on 25 Nov 1859 at Woodhall, Pencaitland, East Lothian, Scotland ,
Marriage (after Banns) was solemnised between us according to the Forms of the Free Church of Scotland.
Thomas Livingston, aged 40, Browning, Bachelor, labourer
Parents: George Livingston, labourer (dec) & Helen Courper (dec)
Janet Davidson X her Mark, aged 33, Woodhall, Spinster, Out Worker
Parents: George Davidson, Coal Miner (dec) and Marion King
Witnesses: John Simpson & Jane Ross.1,5
As of 25 Nov 1859,her married name was Livingston.
Janet appeared on the 1861 Scottish Census of 7 Apr 1861 in the household of Thomas Livingston at Pencaitland, East Lothian, East Lothian;
LIVINGSTON Thomas, Head, Mar, 40, Woodman, Lauder, Berwickshire
LIVINGSTON Janet, Wife, Mar, 36, Pencaitland, Haddington
LAMB Georgina, Wifes Daur, 13, Ag Lab, Pencaitland
MONTGOMERY Peter, Wifes Son, 10, Scholar, Ormiston
DAVIDSON William, Wifes Son, 3, Pencaitland
LIVINGSTON Susan, Dau, 10mths, Pencaitland
MONTGONERY Janet, Wifes Dau, 7, Salton
(lived next door to William and Marion Simpson.)6
Janet died on 31 Aug 1865 at Folly, Pencaitland, East Lothian, Scotland , at age 42 years and 30 days
Janet Livingston, married to Thomas Livingston, Engine Keeper
At :30am aged 48yrs.
Parents: George Davidson, Coal Miner (dec) & Janet Simpson previously Davidson MS King
Thomas Livingston, His X Mark, Husband was the informant.1,7
Janet's cause of death on 31 Aug 1865 was from Osteo Sarcoma of Illium (cancer of the pelvic bones) - several years.
Children of Janet Davidson and Peter Montgomery
Child of Janet Davidson
- William Davidson+ (4 Aug 1857 - 19 Sep 1929)
|Father||George Davidson (16 Aug 1796 - 12 Jun 1832)|
|Mother||Marion King (13 Oct 1802 - 25 Jan 1876)|
- [S1] Certificate held on file, Held by Ailsa Corlett, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia. Hereinafter cited as Certificate held on file.
- [S32] GROS, Scottish OPR's (www.scotlandspeople.co.uk: pre 1855), 1823 Pencaitland East Lothian, 716/0030 0023. Hereinafter cited as Scottish OPR's.
- [S82] 1841 Scottish Census (www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk: New Register House Edinburgh, 6 June 1841), 1841 Pencaitland East Lothian, 716/00 004/00 007. Hereinafter cited as 1841 Scottish Census.
- [S28] 1851 Scottish Census (www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk: New Register House Edinburgh, 30 March 1851), 1851 Ormiston East Lothian, 715/ ED 2 Line 9. Hereinafter cited as 1851 Scottish Census.
- [S11] Scottish Record Office BDM Indexes, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, 1859, Pencaitland, Haddington, East Lothian, 716/00 0002. Hereinafter cited as Scottish Record Office BDM Indexes.
- [S79] 1861 Scottish Census (www.scotlandspeople.co.uk: New Register House Edinburgh, 7 April 1861), 1861 Pencaitland, East Lothian, 716/00 003/00 003. Hereinafter cited as 1861 Scottish Census.
- [S11] Scottish Record Office BDM Indexes, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, 1865, Pencaitland Haddington, East Lothian, 716/00 0022.