Peter Montgomery was born c 1821 at Haddington, Midlothian, Scotland .
He was the son of Alexander Montgomery and Agnes Dickson.
Peter appeared on the 1851 Scottish Census of 30 Mar 1851 in the household of Alexander Montgomery at House of Muir, Ormiston, East Lothian, Scotland ;
MONTGOMERY Alexander, Head, Mar, 56, Ag Lab, Tarent Haddington
MONTGOMERY Agnes, Wife, Mar, 58, Tarent
MONTGOMERY Peter, Son, Unm, 30, Ag Lab, Haddington Mid Lothian
MONTGOMERY William, Son, Unm, 18, Coal Miner, Gladsmuir
(same place as William & Marion Simpson.)1
Peter Montgomery and Janet Davidson were partners c 1851 East Lothian, Scotland ,
Suppose to have married a Peter Montgomery, cannot locate a marriage record at this stage Feb 2008
again may have been an irregular marriage.
Peter Montgomery and Janet McDonald were partners c 1855 Dalkeith, Midlothian, Scotland ,
It appears from the census and no record located of any marriage that Jessie and Peter lived together rather than marry.
Peter appeared on the 1861 Scottish Census of 7 Apr 1861 at Youngs Close, Dalkeith, Midlothian, Scotland , also listed in the household was Jessie, John, Alexander, Agnes and Janet ;
MONTGOMERY Peter, Head, 42, Stoker, Duddington Edinburgh
McDONALD Jessie, Servant, 38, Dunfermline
MONTGOMERY John, Son, 6, Scholar, Dalkeith
MONTGOMERY Alexr, Son, 4, Dalkeith
MONTGOMERY Agnes, Dau, 2, Dalkeith
MARSHALL Janet, Boarder, 15, Mill Worker, Inveresk.2
Peter appeared on the 1871 Scottish Census of 2 Apr 1871 at Bruntons Close, Dalkeith, Midlothian, Scotland , also listed in the household was Janet, John, Alexander, Agnes and John ;
MONTGOMERY Peter, Head, 51, Stoker at Papersville, Edinburgh
McDONALD Janet, Wife, 50, Dunfermline, Fife
MONTGOMERY John, Son, 16, Cork Cutter, Dalkeith
MONTGOMERY Alexander, Son, 14, Grate Fitter, Dalkeith
MONTGOMERY Agnes, Dau, 12, Scholar, Dalkieth
McDONALD John, Lodger, 28, Stoker at Coal Works, Pollockshaws.3
Peter Montgomery recorded Jessie McDonald's death on 12 Jul 1877 77 Back Street, Dalkeith, Midlothian, Scotland ,
Jessie Marshall, McDonald or Montgomery
widow of Richard Marshall, Colliery Labourer
At 7:0am aged 56yrs
Parents: ------ McDonald, Procurator Fiscal (dec) & ------- Nicol, MS ------
Peter Montgomery, Occupier was the informant.4,5
Peter died on 17 Mar 1878 at Dalkeith, Midlothian, Midlothian,
Peter Montgomery, Foundry labourer
At 4:0PM aged 58yrs
Parents: Alexander Montgomery, Ploughman (dec) & Agnes Dickson (dec)
Agnes Montgomery, Daughter was present at his death.4,6
Peter's cause of death on 17 Mar 1878 was from Phithisis Pulmonalis - 6 months.
Children of Peter Montgomery and Janet Davidson
Children of Peter Montgomery and Janet McDonald
|Father||Alexander Montgomery (c 1795 - )|
|Mother||Agnes Dickson (c 1793 - )|
- [S28] 1851 Scottish Census (www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk: New Register House Edinburgh, 30 March 1851), 1851, Ormiston East Lothian, 715/00 002/00 010. Hereinafter cited as 1851 Scottish Census.
- [S79] 1861 Scottish Census (www.scotlandspeople.co.uk: New Register House Edinburgh, 7 April 1861), 1861 East Dalkeith Midlothian, 683/ ED 9 Line 16. Hereinafter cited as 1861 Scottish Census.
- [S76] 1871 Scottish Census (www.scotlandspeople.co.uk: New Register House Edinburgh, 2 April 1871), 1871 Dalkeith Midlothian, 683/ ED 6 LIne 3. Hereinafter cited as 1871 Scottish Census.
- [S1] Certificate held on file, Held by Ailsa Corlett, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia. Hereinafter cited as Certificate held on file.
- [S11] Scottish Record Office BDM Indexes, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, 1877 Dalkeith Edinburgh Midlothian, 683/00 0101. Hereinafter cited as Scottish Record Office BDM Indexes.
- [S11] Scottish Record Office BDM Indexes, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, 1878 Dalkeith Edinburgh Midlothian, 683/00 0045.