Susan Montgomery was born c 1889 at Stow, Midlothian, Scotland .
She was the daughter of Peter Montgomery and Helen Dodds.
Susan appeared on the 1891 Scottish Census of 5 Apr 1891 in the household of Peter Montgomery at Sunnyside, Prestonkirk, East Lothian, Scotland ;
MONTGOMERY Peter, Head, 39, Farm Servant, Pencaitland Haddington
MONTGOMERY Helen, Wife, 36, Stow Midlothian
MONTGOMERY William, Son, 17, Farm Servant, Melrose
MONTGOMERY John, Son, 13, Farm Servant, Huckburn Berwick
MONTGOMERY Robert, Son, 12, Scholar, Huckburn Berwick
MONTGOMERY Elizabeth, Dau, 10, Scholar, Melrose
MONTGOMERY Janet, Dau, 8, Scholar, Lauder Berwick
MONTGOMERY Helen, Dau, 4, Stow Midlothian
MONTGOMERY Susan, Dau, 2, Stow Midlothian
MONTGOMERY Euphemia, Dau, 6mths, Prestonkirk.1
Susan appeared on the 1901 Scottish Census of 31 Mar 1901 in the household of Peter Montgomery at West Mains, Whittinghame, East Lothian, Scotland ;
MONTGOMERY Peter, Head, Mar, 49, Ploughman, Saltoun Haddington
MONTGOMERY Hellen, Wife, 46,Stow Midlothian
MONTGOMERY Robert, Son, 22, Farm Servant Ploughman, Melrose
MONTGOMERY Janet, Dau, 18, Farm Servant, Lauder
MONTGOMERY Hellen, Dau, 14, Mothers Help (domestic), Stow
MONTGOMERY Susan, Dau, 12, Scholar, Stow
MONTGOMERY Euphemia, Dau, 10, Scholar, Prestonkirk
MONTGOMERY Marion, Dau, 3, Whittinghame, East Lothian.2
Susan appeared on the 1911 Scottish Census of 2 Apr 1911 in the household of Peter Montgomery at 48 Prince Albert Building, Newington, Midlothian, Scotland ;
MONTGOMERY Peter, 6 people present, 3 rooms with windows. Head, 59, Married, Chauffeur, Own Account, West Salton Haddington
MONTGOMERY Helen, Wife, 56, Married, married 36 yrs, 10 children born, 9 living, Stow Edinburgh
MONTGOMERY Nellie, Dau, 24, Single, Stow Edinburgh
MONTGOMERY Susan, Dau, 22, Single, Capmaker, worker, Stow Edinburgh
MONTGOMERY Euphemia, Dau, 20, Single, Capmaker, worker, Prestonkirk Haddington
MONTGOMERY Marion, Dau, 13, Single, School, Whittinghame Haddington.3
Susan Montgomery recorded Peter Montgomery's death on 1 Jun 1917 Royal Infirmary, Edinburgh, Midlothian, Scotland ,
Married to Helen Dodds
Usual Res: 31 Milton Street
At 5.10AM aged 63 years
Parents: Alexander Montgomery, Farm Labourer (dec) & Janet Davidson (dec)
(Fathers name is recorded wrong as all other records say Peter Montgomery)
Susan Montgomery, Daughter, 31 Milton Street was the informant for his death.4,5
Susan Montgomery witnessed the death of Helen Montgomery on 13 Mar 1921 31 Milton Street, Edinburgh, Midlothian, Scotland ,
Widow of Peter Montgomery, Chauffeur
At 8.45 PM, aged 65 years
Parents: John Dodds, Farm Servant (dec) & Elizabeth Jeffrey (dec)
Susan Montgomery, Daughter was present when she died.4,6
Susan Montgomery married William Johnstone Woods on 17 Apr 1925 at Midlothian, Scotland .7
As of 17 Apr 1925,her married name was Woods.
Family: Susan Montgomery and William Johnstone Woods
|Father||Peter Montgomery (c 1852 - 1 Jun 1917)|
|Mother||Helen Dodds (6 Aug 1854 - 13 Mar 1921)|
- [S16] 1891 Scottish Census (www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk: New Register House Edinburgh, 5 April 1891), 1891 Prestonkirk East Lothian, 717/ ED4 Line 13. Hereinafter cited as 1891 Scottish Census.
- [S63] 1901 Scottish Census (www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk: New Register House Edinburgh, 31 March 1901), 1901 Whittinghame East Lothian, 724/ ED 1 Line 6. Hereinafter cited as 1901 Scottish Census.
- [S136] GRO Scotland, 1911 Scottish Census (www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk: New Register House Edinburgh, 2 April 1911), 1911 Newington Edinburgh City, Midlothian 685/05 038/00 008. Hereinafter cited as 1911 Scottish Census.
- [S1] Certificate held on file, Held by Ailsa Corlett, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia. Hereinafter cited as Certificate held on file.
- [S11] Scottish Record Office BDM Indexes, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, 1917 Saint Giles Edinburgh Midlothian, 685/04 0785. Hereinafter cited as Scottish Record Office BDM Indexes.
- [S11] Scottish Record Office BDM Indexes, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, 1921 Canongate Edinburgh Midlothian, 685/03 0116.
- [S197] Letter or email from Mary Legarth (New Zealand) to Ailsa Corlett, Various letters or emails; Held by Ailsa Corlett (Brisbane, Queensland, Australia) Descandant Tree of John King dated 2008.