Thomas Brown Nicoll
Thomas Brown Nicoll was born in 1886 at Queensland, Australia,
Parents: Balfour Seater Nicoll & Agnes Gardiner.1
He was the son of Balfour Seator Nicoll and Agnes Gardner.
Thomas immigrated on 10 Apr 1892 from Brisbane via "SS India" to London, England, with Balfour Seator Nicoll
Inwards list 13 April 1892
NICOLL, Balf. S - Scotch Adult
NICOLL Agnes, - Adult
NICOLL Alex G - Between 1 - 12yrs
NICOLL Euphemia - Between 1 - 12yrs
NICOLL Thomas B - Between 1 - 12yrs.2
Thomas appeared on the 1901 Scottish Census of 31 Mar 1901 in the household of Balfour Seator Nicoll at 224 Pollokshaws Rd, Back Land, Govan, Lanarkshire, Scotland ;
NICOLL Balfour Seaten, Head, 55, Wine & Spirit Merchant, Westsay, Orkney
NICOLL Agnes Gardner, wife, 45, Coatbridge Lanark
NICOLL Alexander Gardner, Son, 21, Joiner, Australia
NICOLL Euphemia Leatu (sic), Dau, 18, At Home, Australia
NICOLL Thomas Brown, Son, 14, Office Lad, Australia.3
Thomas appeared on the 1911 Scottish Census of 2 Apr 1911 in the household of Balfour Seator Nicoll at 224 Pollokshaws Road, Glasgow, Lanarkshire, Scotland ;
NICOLL Balfour Seator, Head, Mar, 63, Wine & Spirit Merchant, Employer, Westray Orkney
NICOLL Agnes Gardiner, Wife, Mar, 56, married 32 years, 3 children born, all still living, Langloan Lanark
NICOLL Alexander Gardiner, Son, 31, Single, House Joiner, worker, Brisbane Queensland, (Bit Sub by parentage)
NICOLL Thomas Brown, Son, 24, Single, Accountant Clerk, worker, Brisbane Queensland, (Bit Sub by parentage.)4
Thomas Brown Nicoll witnessed the death of Agnes Nicoll on 16 Feb 1916 224 Pollokshaw Road, Glasgow, Lanarkshire, Scotland ,
At 6PM aged 61 years
Married to Balfour Seater Nicoll, Spirit Merchant.
Parents: Alexander Gardiner, Night Watchman (dec) & Helen Gardiner MS Provan (dec)
Thomas A Nicoll, Son, was present when she passed away.5,6
Thomas Brown Nicoll recorded Balfour Seator Nicoll's death on 30 Apr 1931 63 Possil Road, Glasgow, Lanarkshire, Scotland ,
Balfour Seater Nicoll, Wine & Spirit Merchant, (Retired),
Widower of Agnes Gardiner
At 0.40AM, aged 83yrs.
Usual Res: 93 Mosspark Drive, Glasgow
Parents: Gordon Nicoll, Fishery Officer (dec) & Euphemia Nicoll MS Seater (dec)
T B Nicoll, Son, 15 Dunearn Street, Glasgow was the informant.7,5
|Father||Balfour Seator Nicoll (3 Jun 1847 - 30 Apr 1931)|
|Mother||Agnes Gardner (19 Mar 1854 - 16 Feb 1916)|
- [S177] State of Queensland, QLD BDM Indexes (Queensland: Macbeth Genealogical Services Pty Ltd, 2000), 1886/ B36144. Hereinafter cited as QLD BDM Indexes.
- [S61] Passenger Lists, Shipping Records ), UK Imcoming Passenger Lists, 1878 - 1960, BT26, Piece 31, Item 31, via Ancestry.co.uk. Hereinafter cited as Shipping Records.
- [S63] 1901 Scottish Census (www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk: New Register House Edinburgh, 31 March 1901), 1901 Glasgow Govan Lanark, ED 14, Page 16 Reg No 644/12 via Ancestry.co.uk. Hereinafter cited as 1901 Scottish Census.
- [S136] GRO Scotland, 1911 Scottish Census (www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk: New Register House Edinburgh, 2 April 1911), 1911 Gorbals, Glasgow Lanark, 644/17 026/00 018. Hereinafter cited as 1911 Scottish Census.
- [S1] Certificate held on file, Held by Ailsa Corlett, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia. Hereinafter cited as Certificate held on file.
- [S11] Scottish Record Office BDM Indexes, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, 1916 Gorbals Glasgow Lanark, 644/17 0085. Hereinafter cited as Scottish Record Office BDM Indexes.
- [S11] Scottish Record Office BDM Indexes, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, 1931 Kelvin, Glasgow Lanark, 644/13 0249 aged 83.