Mary Paterson was born c 1814 at Barony, Lanarkshire, Scotland .
Mary Paterson married William Temple, son of David Temple and Jean Gardner, on 23 Feb 1831 at Barony, Lanarkshire, Lanarkshire.1
As of 23 Feb 1831,her married name was Temple.
Mary appeared on the 1841 Scottish Census of 6 Jun 1841 in the household of William Temple at Marlborough Street, Glasgow, Lanarkshire, Scotland ;
TEMPLE William, 25, Cotton H L W (Hand Loom Weaver), Lanark
TEMPLE Mary, 25, Lanark
TEMPLE David, 6, Lanark
TEMPLE Jean, 2, Lanark.2
Mary appeared on the 1851 Scottish Census of 30 Mar 1851 in the household of William Temple at 14 East John Street, Glasgow, Lanarkshire, Scotland ;
TEMPLE William, Head, M, 37, Hand Loom Weaver ( Journeyman) Glasgow Lanark
TEMPLE Mary, Wife, M, 37, Old Monkland
TEMPLE David, Son, Un, 16, Hand Loom Weaver ( Journeyman), Glasgow
TEMPLE Jean, Dau, 11, At Home, Glasgow
TEMPLE William, Son, 9, Scholar, Glasgow
TEMPLE Helen, Dau, 7, Scholar, Glasgow
TEMPLE Charles, Son, 4, At Home, Glasgow
TEMPLE Mary, Dau, 3mths, Glasgow.3
Mary died b 1861 at Glasgow, Lanarkshire, Scotland ,
would have died between 1858 - 1861.
Children of Mary Paterson and William Temple
- David Temple (18 Dec 1830 - b 1835)
- William Temple (9 Jan 1833 - b 1841)
- David Temple (c 1835 - )
- Jean Temple (c 1840 - )
- William Temple (c 1842 - )
- Helen Temple (c 1844 - )
- Charles Temple (c 1847 - )
- Mary Temple (Jan 1851 - )
- Elizabeth Temple (c 1854 - )
- Annie Temple (c 1856 - )
- Jessie Temple (20 Feb 1858 - )
- [S33] Birth Marriage and Burial Entries, International Genealogical Index & Family Search Web Site (IGI) : Family Search Web site, From 2000), "Scotland, Marriages, 1561-1910," index, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/XTTD-2NB : accessed 10 Nov 2013), William Temple and Mary Paterson, 23 Feb 1831. Film No 1041480, 0994183, 994184.
- [S82] 1841 Scottish Census (www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk: New Register House Edinburgh, 6 June 1841), 1841 Glasgow Lanark, 644/1 Book 15, Page 12, Schedule 55, via findmypast.co.uk. Hereinafter cited as 1841 Scottish Census.
- [S28] 1851 Scottish Census (www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk: New Register House Edinburgh, 30 March 1851), 1851 St Johns Glasgow Lanark, 644/ Folio 421 Page 3 via findmypast.co.uk. Hereinafter cited as 1851 Scottish Census.