Elizabeth Pryde was born c 1857 at Blairgowrie, Perthshire, Scotland ,
Parents: Thomas Pryde, Butler and Janet McLachlan.
Elizabeth Pryde married Alexander Laird, son of David Laird and Margaret Campbell, on 21 Jun 1895 at Kyleshill, Saltcoats, Ayrshire, Scotland ,
After Banns according to the Forms of the Church of Scotland
Assistant to Spirit dealer, (Widower) aged 35
Usual Res: Raise Street, Saltcoats
Parents: David Laird, Coal Miner (dec) & Margaret Laird MS Campbell (dec)
Domestic Servant, Spinster, aged 38
Usual Res: North Crescent, Ardrossan
Parents: Thomas Pryde, Butler (dec) & Janet Pryde MS McGlashan
William Strand (?) and Jessie Meek were witnesses.1,2
As of 21 Jun 1895,her married name was Laird.
Elizabeth appeared on the 1901 Scottish Census of 31 Mar 1901 in the household of Alexander Laird at 12 Auchenharvie Row, Saltcoats, Ayrshire, Scotland ;
LAIRD Alex, Head, Marr, 42, Coal Miner, Stevenston Ayrshire
LAIRD Elizabeth, Wife, Marr, 44, Blairgowrie, Perthshire
LAIRD David, Son, 12, Scholar, Dalserf Lanark
LAIRD Alex, Son, 4, Stevenston Ayrshire.3
Elizabeth appeared on the 1911 Scottish Census of 2 Apr 1911 in the household of Alexander Laird at 12 Ashgill Rows, Dalserf, Lanarkshire, Scotland ;
LAIRD Alexander, Head, 52, Mar, Fireman, Coal Mine, Worker, Stevenson Ayr
LAIRD Elizabeth, Wife, 58, Mar, Married 16yrs, 1 child born and living, Blairgowrie Perth
LAIRD David, Son, 21, Single, Miner, Coal Mine, worker, Dalserf Lanark
LAIRD Alexander, Son, 14, S, Miner, Coal Mine, worker, Stevnson Ayr
LAIRD Mary, Neice, 5, School, Larkhall, Lanark.4
Elizabeth died on 6 Sep 1931 at 25 Douglas Drive, Ashgill, Dalserf, Lanarkshire, Scotland ,
(Widow of Alexander Laird, Colliery Fireman)
At 2.45 AM aged 73yrs
Parents: William Pryde, Gardener (dec) & Janet Pryde MS McLachlan (dec)
John Jones, Son in Law was present when she passed away.1,5
Elizabeth's cause of death on 6 Sep 1931 was from Cerebral Haemorrhage.
- [S1] Certificate held on file, Held by Ailsa Corlett, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia. Hereinafter cited as Certificate held on file.
- [S11] Scottish Record Office BDM Indexes, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, 1895 Stevenston Ayr, 615/00 0021. Hereinafter cited as Scottish Record Office BDM Indexes.
- [S63] 1901 Scottish Census (www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk: New Register House Edinburgh, 31 March 1901), 1901 Stevenston Ayrshire, RG 13 Reg No 615, ED 7 Page 51 - via Ancestry. Hereinafter cited as 1901 Scottish Census.
- [S136] GRO Scotland, 1911 Scottish Census (www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk: New Register House Edinburgh, 2 April 1911), 1911 Dalserf Lanark, 1911 638/02 002/00 013. Hereinafter cited as 1911 Scottish Census.
- [S11] Scottish Record Office BDM Indexes, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, 1931 Dalserf Lanark, 638/02 0017.