John Raeburn was born in 1805 at Humbie, East Lothian, Scotland .1
John Raeburn married Elizabeth Wilson on 16 Jun 1839 at Humbie, East Lothian, East Lothian,
May 31st 1839
John Raeburn and Elisabeth Wilson both in this Parish, gave in their names for proclamation - were proclaimed on the 2nd & 9th June, and no objections offered.
Marriage would have taken place usually within the following week by the 16th of June
(Adam writes that John Roseburn may have also been married to Marion Scott - married 5 April 1828, Humbie, East Lothian who died between 1833 - 1839.)2,3
John died on 25 Jun 1870 at Humbie, East Lothian, East Lothian, at age 65 years.1
Adam Spence has been doing research on this family and would be interested to hear from anyone else.
Please contact Adam on email@example.com.
Children of John Raeburn and Elizabeth Wilson
- Janet Raeburn (1833 - 1899)
- Agnes Raeburn+ (c 1840 - 13 Mar 1908)
- William Raeburn (c 1843 - 19 Feb 1918)
- Adam Raeburn (c 1844 - )
- John Anderson Raeburn (24 Jul 1846 - bt Sep 1846 - Feb 1848)
- Robert Raeburn (c 1848 - )
- John Raeburn (24 Feb 1848 - )
- David Raeburn (24 Feb 1854 - )
- Mary Raeburn (12 Mar 1856 - )
- [S203] Letter or email from Adam Spence (e-mail address (Canada)) to Ailsa Corlett, Various letters or emails; Held by Ailsa Corlett (Brisbane, Queensland, Australia) Descendant sheet emailed June 2014.
- [S1] Certificate held on file, Held by Ailsa Corlett, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia. Hereinafter cited as Certificate held on file.
- [S32] GROS, Scottish OPR's (www.scotlandspeople.co.uk: pre 1855), 1839 Humbie East Lothian, 710/00 0030. Hereinafter cited as Scottish OPR's.